Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2009, 02:43 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,138,196 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thePR View Post
I did not mention the Holocaust. And I'm not saying anything bad about Jewish people, rather the people who treated them badly. I suggest you understand what's going on before you jump to conclusions.
You strongly inferred the Holocaust by mentioning Hitler's name in the same sentence as Jews. Face it: you cannot wiggle out of it.

Quote:
It all boils down to having someone to blaim. Hitler had the Jews, anti-immigration people have the Mexicans.

Old 12-02-2009, 02:51 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,649,482 times
Quote:
I did not mention the Holocaust. And I'm not saying anything bad about Jewish people, rather the people who treated them badly. I suggest you understand what's going on before you jump to conclusions.

Times were different back then, less rights, less expectations. In fact, many immigrants did not know English. I would bet that the immigrants now know more English (whether good or bad) than those back then.

And how old are you? Fast food places differ from city to city so that's not the best example, but working in the fields is.
Very lame answer, I'm disappointed.

Citizens have rights, not illegal aliens.
(the correct phraseology would be 'fewer' rights, not 'less' rights'; 'lower' expectations, not 'less' expectations, FYI)

However, I do not agree with your poorly written statement.

I'm 58 years old, if that matters at all.

If all 20 million illegal aliens are working in the fields it must be pretty crowded out there on the farms.

Old 12-02-2009, 03:06 PM

50,308 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post

(the correct phraseology would be 'fewer' rights, not 'less' rights'; 'lower' expectations, not 'less' expectations, FYI)

If all 20 million illegal aliens are working in the fields it must be pretty crowded out there on the farms.
The inner core of big Cities like LA are 40 miles from any field and there are a couple million Illegals. They'd be standing elbow to elbow if they were all in the fields.

Interesting comparison.

Old 12-02-2009, 03:30 PM

4,027 posts, read 7,291,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
You strongly inferred the Holocaust by mentioning Hitler's name in the same sentence as Jews. Face it: you cannot wiggle out of it.
I'm just curious is you can tell me when Hitler came into power and when the Holocaust started? It's not "wiggling out" it's actually knowing history and applying it. But I like that you ignored a whole half of my post.

Quote:

No, it's a fine answer. I could tell you 1+1=2 and you wouldn't like that. You understood what I was saying but If you are going to play semantics as it seems that's all you really can do with your posts then go ahead. It does not change the blind ignorance that you hold so dearly.

I asked your age because I wanted to make a point that time were different from then to now. Just as from the 1800s to now.

Because those illegals are holding middle management jobs?

Old 12-02-2009, 03:36 PM

472 posts, read 740,881 times
Quote:

That would be the jobs no citizen wants?

Old 12-02-2009, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weedsnake View Post
That would be the jobs no citizen wants?
That was sarcasm because that would be a job a citizen would want.

Old 12-02-2009, 04:40 PM

6,987 posts, read 21,931,790 times
When did Hitler come into power? ..early 1930's AFTER I was born.

The persecution of the Jews began right after he became into power. (believe 1933)

Yes...I had to read some of the history...while also living the time period...I was just a little boy then.

There were Jews in all of the countries that Hitler occupied...Jews were an Ethnic group and NOT a country untill Isreal of 1948. He tried to exterminate them even tho he was part JEWISH.

Jews were in all of those countries during the war and most spoke two languages...Yiddish and that of their country.

Nothing wrong with speaking two or more languages as long as it is not rammed down your throat.

I speak Hungarian (first language from birth) then English and now some Spanish being that I'm retired in Mexico...in addition a smiggon of other languages picked up from the past (war).

Heck...why not...nice being able to understand some folks who are oblivious on what they are saying.

Steve

Old 12-02-2009, 04:43 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,320,782 times
Quote:
It doesn't matter where they were, they were still blamed and legal immigrants are still not completely accepted. Don't try to spin this.

Fields like in California, a large population of immigrants work picking strawberries. The reason they have jobs there of course is because of lower wages but they had the opportunity to do so because who wanted to do that?

I wasn't diverting, I was adding.
They are working the fields because the farmers refused to use the visas to gain LEGAL foreign workers for those jobs. It was more profitable for them to hire illegal aliens instead. It is the same thing with other jobs where the employers are hiring illegals. It is all about more profit not because they coulnd't find a legal immigrant or an American worker to do those jobs.

Old 12-02-2009, 04:48 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,649,482 times
Quote:
No, it's a fine answer. I could tell you 1+1=2 and you wouldn't like that. You understood what I was saying but If you are going to play semantics as it seems that's all you really can do with your posts then go ahead. It does not change the blind ignorance that you hold so dearly.

I asked your age because I wanted to make a point that time were different from then to now. Just as from the 1800s to now.

Playing semantics? I was just trying to aid you in using the English language correctly. Look up the word 'semantics' before using it in a sentence.

Yes, times were different when I was young. There was no overwhelming influx of illegal aliens then. If there were, I probably would not have had that job, which I really needed at that time. However, the USA was still producing crops, even back in those old-timey days. That is the same now as it was then. Back then, crops were harvested by migrant workers, who legally came into the US for the seasonal work, then would take their money and head back to their homeland. Those migrant workers really had no need to learn English since they were here on a migrant worker visa.

There is no need to be mean. Your derrogatory statements only prove that you have no argument.

You don't know me and you have no idea what I hold dear.

Old 12-02-2009, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Playing semantics? I was just trying to aid you in using the English language correctly. Look up the word 'semantics' before using it in a sentence.

There is no need to be mean. Your derrogatory statements only prove that you have no argument.

You don't know me and you have no idea what I hold dear.
I used the correct word. And it's derogatory not derrogatory. With you correcting me you should at least get that down. You yourself were the same way to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration