U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 11-29-2009, 07:10 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,501,344 times
Reputation: 2130

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thePR View Post
Whatever you want to tell yourself. I don't see any proof from a reliable source, just you saying what you want because you don't like immigrants.
He wasn't talking about immigrants. He was talking about ILLEGAL ALIENS!

 
Old 11-29-2009, 07:46 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 37,402,235 times
Reputation: 3789
Quote:
Originally Posted by thePR View Post
Whatever you want to tell yourself. I don't see any proof from a reliable source, just you saying what you want because you don't like immigrants.
Legal immigrants: 'brown' Mexican or otherwise; I welcome to my country.

Yes: I am extremely prejudiced against illegal aliens (of any race/ethnicity) because they are criminal losers.

Face it: the 'race card' does not work on me-----------my 'White' guilt died concerning illegals.
 
Old 11-29-2009, 09:43 PM
 
Location: ohio
11 posts, read 18,172 times
Reputation: 19
EERRCH! BRAKE CHECK! English is the international language, and if you plan to live in another country, please relocate LEAGALLY and learn some of the native language! Can you imagine how many millions of people would be thrown out if our government had the balls to boot the illegals? How high job demand would be? How low welfare demand would drop? Go back to where you came from until you get a green card! ANYONE could sneak over the border and be an illegal alien, thats why you go through a system! DUH! I dont want drug dealers, rapists, murderers, or other criminals coming across the border illegally and terrorizing my neighborhood! Not all illegals are bad, but c'mon at least come here legally and you wont have to worry about being booted and our neighborhoods will be safer.
 
Old 11-30-2009, 07:45 AM
 
3,424 posts, read 5,216,462 times
Reputation: 1819
I am also tired of illegal alien apologists making the point that illegal aliens come here because they just want to work. The mere fact that they are willing to knowingly break U.S. law (or several if you count identity theft) to arrive here informs me that they come from a culture of criminality in Central America and it becomes very apparent that criminality is not looked upon with the same degree of disdain as it is in the American value system.

Here, in America, there is no excuse for knowingly violating U.S. law. But in several of the homelands of illegal aliens, little to no regard is held for law, and they bring that cultural mentality with them.
 
Old 11-30-2009, 08:06 AM
 
777 posts, read 1,120,717 times
Reputation: 251
Quote:
Originally Posted by solytaire View Post
I am also tired of illegal alien apologists making the point that illegal aliens come here because they just want to work.
Why are you tired of this point? It is true.
 
Old 11-30-2009, 08:27 AM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 16,215,092 times
Reputation: 3029
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey cabal View Post
Why are you tired of this point? It is true.
Not for ALL.
 
Old 11-30-2009, 08:55 AM
 
777 posts, read 1,120,717 times
Reputation: 251
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Not for ALL.
Certainly not for all. But most illegals come here to work.
 
Old 11-30-2009, 09:04 AM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 16,215,092 times
Reputation: 3029
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey cabal View Post
Certainly not for all. But most illegals come here to work.
Not necessarily. Many come here to give birth to avoid working.
 
Old 11-30-2009, 09:30 AM
 
3,424 posts, read 5,216,462 times
Reputation: 1819
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey cabal View Post
Why are you tired of this point? It is true.

Im tired of it because it decriminalizes an element that obviously already has no regard for law. It is misrepresentational to state that they only come here to work. Every legal immigrant that comes here only comes here to work. The more accurate statement to make regarding illegal aliens would be: "They only break our laws to make money." or "They only commit the crime of entering our country illegally because they want to score a profit."

For instance Ive never heard anyone say: "Well the robbers just broke into a bank building because they wanted to work, so that they could take home some money".

...I mean, sure there is work involved in a robbery, but more importantly they are breaking the law to do that work.
 
Old 11-30-2009, 09:47 AM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 37,402,235 times
Reputation: 3789
Quote:
Originally Posted by solytaire View Post
Im tired of it because it decriminalizes an element that obviously already has no regard for law. It is misrepresentational to state that they only come here to work. Every legal immigrant that comes here only comes here to work. The more accurate statement to make regarding illegal aliens would be: "They only break our laws to make money." or "They only commit the crime of entering our country illegally because they want to score a profit."

For instance Ive never heard anyone say: "Well the robbers just broke into a bank building because they wanted to work, so that they could take home some money".

...I mean, sure there is work involved in a robbery, but more importantly they are breaking the law to do that work.
Your argument alone is enough reason to deport every illegal alien caught here in the USA----------especially in this gruesome rcession.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:33 PM.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top