Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2009, 06:10 PM

3,071 posts, read 9,140,968 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slig View Post
Nor should they have to, and nor should anyone have the right to make them do it.
Wrong . To live in this country you must become part of this country and obey the laws. If you dont you are an illegal invader trespasser. People from other countries legal or not can not be separate little counties all to themselves that just happin to live here.

Old 11-17-2009, 06:32 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,558,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post

I have no problem saying people should learn to read and write English in this country and respect their neighbors. But they have no obligation to go hunting, attend Church, drive trucks, watch Nascar, eat hot dogs and hang Christmas lights on their house. If you don't do those things then you are not "assimilated" according to them.
Immigrants who do THIS stuff don't fool me one bit...they can do all the stuff you mention, pretend all day to 'get it', and they STILL aren't really assimilated. To be REALLY assimilated, they'd have to chew tobacco, have a refrigerator on their front porch, hunt deer OUT OF SEASON (any sissy can hunt the legal way), date their first cousins, live in trailers, beat their wives, and shoot holes through road signs....(a plastic lawn flamingo would be a 'plus', too)....do all that, and I MIGHT have to concede that you're a 'real American'...but don't count on it. We're a demanding society, after all....

By the way, "Nascar" is a curious term we 'real Americans' use. One good ol' boy will observe a fancy automobile passing by....give an appreciative tobacco spit, and observe to his buddy, "That there's a NASS car, ain't it"?....and usually the other feller will respond "Yep...shore is!..REAL Nass !"

Old 11-17-2009, 06:34 PM

1,313 posts, read 1,551,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
Of course you will feel that way because you are probably one of the people I'm addressing in that post. Rather than acknowledge your own faults, you will try to depict me as the bigot. Typical
Take a look at your choice of adjectives.
If I , as a white conservative, would use these words to describe another group of people you would call me a bigot.
'know nothing'
'close minded'
xenophobic'
'uncultured'
'isolated'
'adversarial'
'hating'
'retarded'
Never mind the racial undertones of "white good old boys".
Because I think it should be a requirement of citizenship to speak English and don't agree with your world view, you think it's your responsibility to inform me of what you think my faults are?
I wouldn't catergorize that as typical, at all....

Old 11-17-2009, 06:41 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,558,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hortysir View Post
Take a look at your choice of adverbs.
If I , as a white conservative, would use these words to describe another group of people you would call me a bigot.
'know nothing'
'close minded'
xenophobic'
'uncultured'
'isolated'
'adversarial'
'hating'
'retarded'
Not neccessarily so. A white conservative may very well use such terms as you list, yet not be called 'bigoted'....provided he was using the terms to describe his own family....or his white in-laws. Otherwise, you're probably right...

Old 11-17-2009, 06:57 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,138,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hortysir View Post
Take a look at your choice of adjectives.
'know nothing'
'close minded'
xenophobic'
'uncultured'
'isolated'
'adversarial'
'hating'
'retarded'
Never mind the racial undertones of "white good old boys".
Because I think it should be a requirement of citizenship to speak English and don't agree with your world view, you think it's your responsibility to inform me of what you think my faults are?
I wouldn't catergorize that as typical, at all....
Hell: a vicious White supremacist of the Bull Connor class was Judge Leander Perez of St Bernard Parish, La. 50 years ago. And; today, Perez would have counted as 'Hispanic' courtesy of his Spanish lineage.

Old 11-17-2009, 07:02 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,666,667 times
ok i get it.
latinos dont assimilate...

cuz dey liv nex 2 us po getto folk.
ya, we negros sho dem wut swag is!

Old 11-17-2009, 07:10 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,666,667 times
oh and this idea that culture deteriorated after WWII is garbage.

im happy we arent living in those previous times.

this reminds me of a thread asking how many people would be happier if the US was like it was in the 50's.

an overwhelmng majority wanted to return to those leave it to beaver days... not realizing the implications for people like myself who would have been openly discriminated against.

i think the US is moving into a space that is beautiful. we have many cultures, just like we did during all previous waves of immigration.

if you think immigrants always assimilated up until the advent of this recent technology and travel, you are mistaken.

los angeles, boyle heights specifically, had major enclaves of jews, russians, japaneses, mexicans. sometimes in the same time period, sometimes in the same neighborhoods.

north beach in SF was, and continues to be super italian. germans left a mark on this country. so did the polish. the irish. everyone that has come has left its mark and added to the culture of the US.

africans are doing that now in the south.

its ongoing, and i dont think its a problem. even if they are muslims...

Old 11-17-2009, 07:43 PM

9 posts, read 17,991 times
Default Reality

This idea that culture deteriorated after WWII is garbage.

im happy we arent living in those previous times.

this reminds me of a thread asking how many people would be happier if the US was like it was in the 50's.

an overwhelmng majority wanted to return to those leave it to beaver days... not realizing the implications for people like myself who would have been openly discriminated against.

The One I have a question for you. Why do you type like a white boy trying to make people think you are black? I think you need a new schtick.

The United States was originally defined as a nation for WHITES with a culture given to it by its Anglo-Saxon founders. As our ideas of inclusion changed over time we allowed much of the world to immigrate here. The understanding was that they would respect WASP cultural norms and laws.

When Multiculturalism happened in the 1960s complete with Black Pride, Feminism, Gay Pride, etc etc etc the WASP culture was dismantled and charged with being racist. What culture replaced it? Nothing. We are now divided into all of our little tribes. The only thing we have in common is that we live in this land defined as the United States.

Like I charged before there is no American culture. John Wayne has been replaced with Will and Grace and 14 year old girls trying to put out sex tapes on the internet. Okay I guess this is really a cultural improvement.

In 1950 Fathers Day meant something. Now in the Black Community Fathers Day means nothing because Papa was a Rollin Stone and no one knows where exactly he rolled off to. In 1950 over 80% of all black American children were born into Married Homes. Today that is 30% or less.

Wow Martin Luther King Jr worked wonders didn't he? What goods sitting at the front of the bus if the kid goes home to a crackhead mother and daddys in prison, dead, or abandoned the kid? What was gained?

Now I know what you're going to do next is charge me with racism. Fine but chew on this. Only 70% of white anglo kids are born into married homes about 30% are born illegitimate which is higher than the rate in the black community in the 1960s.

The Hispanics came here usually from Catholic backgrounds but now the kids are adopting this Hip Hop garbage 10 kids by 10 daddies garbage that destroyed the Black community and is now destroying the white community as well.

I am going to be fair to Hip-Hop and Rap Music. When NWA and those guys started the Gangsta Rap B%%%% and H* music they were speaking to what they saw everyday. MTV and the record companies got involved and made it into a lifestyle. Hip Hop is now a self fufilling prophecy.

When Maury Povich and others have to provide DNA tests so a nation of slags can identify their babys father we sure have greatly improved our culture havent we?

I love the cultural improvement. Give me more Daytime TV, more internet sex tapes, more Kanye Wests, more gangbangers, more of that good stuff.
Give me more alternative lifestyle pride television shows complete with total degeneracy. WOW WHAT IMPROVEMENT! Thank you liberals.

Sounds great dont it?

Old 11-17-2009, 07:48 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,138,196 times
FYI: 'the one' is a Black Hispanic; not an Anglo White.

As for multiculturalism; it is starting to become Politically Incorrect in the eyes of more and more people------------including myself. Watching those asshats back in May 2006 demanding their nonexistant illegal 'immigrants rights' tore it for me.

Old 11-17-2009, 07:54 PM

9 posts, read 17,991 times
I believe much of the social degeneracy we have today is by design by the New World Order to so thoroughly cause destruction that a dictatorship or police state will be installed to restore order. Illegitimate wards of the state children especially those of multiracial backgrounds would make great storm troopers as adults for this new police state.

These children would have a gripe against the system. Against those social workers who abused them. Against the "white imperialists" who hurt them and even anger toward blacks and others for not always accepting them.

Illegal Immigrants are also looked upon longingly by the Social Planners as foot soldiers too. They can be counted upon to kill US Citizens because they will do what they have to do to get food.

Does this mean I hate illegals? No. I am just intelligent enough to realize what illegal immigration to the Rockefellers and those in charge really means. It means the same as the millions of illegitimate children. Hordes of men who will do what they are told. The foot soldiers of the new Police State.

Think Obama Corps. Think Waffen SS. It's all the same thing and we are headed to the same place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration