Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2010, 04:49 PM

257 posts, read 407,720 times

Advertisements

It doesn't make sense.

We may as well do away with our Army, Navy and Air Force, in fact our whole military establishment, and let, for instance, the Russians, the Chinese or any other aggressive enemy, or anybody else, run all over us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2010, 05:52 PM

2,205 posts, read 2,536,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LZKay1 View Post
It doesn't make sense.

We may as well do away with our Army, Navy and Air Force, in fact our whole military establishment, and let, for instance, the Russians, the Chinese or any other aggressive enemy, or anybody else, run all over us.
It seems that way, please, rest assured, we are doing plenty behind the scenes...more to do. Remember, p*ssed Americans work very quickly.

Old 02-19-2010, 06:10 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,432,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by getout View Post
It seems that way, please, rest assured, we are doing plenty behind the scenes...more to do. Remember, p*ssed Americans work very quickly.
And "united"!

Old 02-19-2010, 06:41 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,138,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by getout View Post
Case in point Sheriff Joe. I strongly suspect that he is taking the heat from the Bermudez class of illegal alien apologists hence other LE working via stealth to 'jack' many an illegal

Old 02-19-2010, 06:47 PM

2,014 posts, read 5,522,060 times
being illegal is a federal crime, local jurisdiction or cities do not make or enforce laws concerning illegal immigration, they can work with ICE, but, that has to be set up, the local police have to have a 72 hour detention location, very few do. Without that they can't work with ICE.

Old 02-20-2010, 12:58 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,305,916 times
In many places, local law enforcement are not properly trained to prevent discrimination cases from happening, therefore, those cities or towns won't address the issue because it basically could get ugly if people begin to complain that they are arrested because they look a certain way. The federal government provides local law enforcement agencies with a chance to become more educated on immigration law enforcement. Writing this makes me realize how this is such a tough issue because people are always screaming racism and trying to connect race to illegal immigration. In many places, that should just be thrown out because the whole vibe and overall knowledge of many places is that those within a certain area are more than likely undocumented and illegally here. Is it really that hard to investigate someone based on that knowledge? Did my black brothers get out of being pulled over by police officers for no reason other than being black? No, they didn't. So, it is funny that illegal immigrants are in some ways protected by this cloud of so-called racism, but a black man in a white neighborhood was and in some places is easily stopped on the basis of probable cause or just looking suspicious.

I don't want any of that happening to anyone, but it is funny that the issue of discrimination stops cities from stopping those who "look" like they could be illegal, but nothing keeps a young black man from being stopped because he doesn't look like he belongs in a neighborhood or a certain car. Just another example of how we protect illegal immigrants with these notions.

Old 02-20-2010, 01:12 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,138,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
In many places, local law enforcement are not properly trained to prevent discrimination cases from happening, therefore, those cities or towns won't address the issue because it basically could get ugly if people begin to complain that they are arrested because they look a certain way. The federal government provides local law enforcement agencies with a chance to become more educated on immigration law enforcement. Writing this makes me realize how this is such a tough issue because people are always screaming racism and trying to connect race to illegal immigration. In many places, that should just be thrown out because the whole vibe and overall knowledge of many places is that those within a certain area are more than likely undocumented and illegally here. Is it really that hard to investigate someone based on that knowledge? Did my black brothers get out of being pulled over by police officers for no reason other than being black? No, they didn't. So, it is funny that illegal immigrants are in some ways protected by this cloud of so-called racism, but a black man in a white neighborhood was and in some places is easily stopped on the basis of probable cause or just looking suspicious.

I don't want any of that happening to anyone, but it is funny that the issue of discrimination stops cities from stopping those who "look" like they could be illegal, but nothing keeps a young black man from being stopped because he doesn't look like he belongs in a neighborhood or a certain car. Just another example of how we protect illegal immigrants with these notions.
Good catch there.

Hell: I; a White man has been 'profiled' by LE in the past (long hair, beard, tiedyed shirt, etc.) since the ugly reality is an inordinate number of people who resembled me were indeed troublemakers. I may not have liked getting 'hassled' by The Man------------------oh well. Now that I am older; I understand LE doing their job.

Old 02-20-2010, 01:25 PM

I hear you and exactly, if our country, lawmakers, mayors and law enforcement really want to uphold the immigration laws and protect the country then what is the harm in playing that out? It's not going to be impossible to know when some police officer obviously acted out in racism. It is up to those who are questioned to submit their complaint, just like it is for everyone else who feels they are discriminated against. Profiling happens in so many ways, but the fight to enforce immigration laws is combated with these cries of racial profiling, but it happens on the streets of the US everyday for everyone ... except illegal immigrants because that would be racist.

Old 02-20-2010, 01:28 PM

2,652 posts, read 8,583,073 times
Political Correctness... Will be the downfall of America if we don't do something about it.

Old 02-20-2010, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke9686 View Post
Political Correctness... Will be the downfall of America if we don't do something about it.
Yep. How can we be politically correct at a time like this? They should have stopped being politically correct a LONG time ago with illegal immigration. You know we have mayors, congressmen/women who did not act on illegal immigration just because they are afraid of the topic or appearing to be racist or something. Thanks a lot. They've let this issue compound and get progressively worse just because they are afraid of appearing a certain way when they are simply and actually just doing their job. It's like the result of not doing anything about this topic is worse than the talk of discrimination. We know how things happen in the US: people talk about something on a national level, express their anger and then it is dead in a week. However, the effects of illegal immigration if we continue to be politically correct will continue to exist and be far worse for us than the unsupported claims of discrimination.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration