Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2018, 12:51 PM

3,497 posts, read 2,198,629 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRU67 View Post
Those who voted on Kavanaugh had the benefit of the hearing in the investigation. You're making a distinction without any difference. Sorry but I just don't see it your way in this case.
I’m totally on board with an investigation but does that mean delaying the election until the investigation is concluded (analogous to delaying the Kavaugh vote pending the FBI investigation)? Is that even an option? If he is found guilt of racial discrimination, since there is no criminal sentencing associated with this charge, would it even disbar him from the election? I don’t see how the situations are at all similar as you are alluding.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2018, 12:56 PM

The last question was rhetorical by the way - see Trump, Donald for more information...

Old 10-23-2018, 01:48 PM

5,014 posts, read 9,474,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by My Kind Of Town View Post
I’m totally on board with an investigation but does that mean delaying the election until the investigation is concluded (analogous to delaying the Kavaugh vote pending the FBI investigation)? Is that even an option? If he is found guilt of racial discrimination, since there is no criminal sentencing associated with this charge, would it even disbar him from the election? I don’t see how the situations are at all similar as you are alluding.
Well, if the AG and General Assembly acted promptly, there wouldn't be a need to delay the election. As to criminal sentencing, there were no criminal charges pending against Brett Kavanaugh, nor were any contemplated (or probably even possible due to the statute of limitations). The purpose of the hearing and the subsequent investigation were to assist the Senate in deciding whether he was fit to be confirmed for the Supreme Court. So why don't IL voters get the same benefit?

I mean, maybe he should do the right thing and just withdraw from the election, LOL! Doubt we'll be this lucky though.

Old 10-23-2018, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRU67 View Post
Well, if the AG and General Assembly acted promptly, there wouldn't be a need to delay the election. As to criminal sentencing, there were no criminal charges pending against Brett Kavanaugh, nor were any contemplated (or probably even possible due to the statute of limitations). The purpose of the hearing and the subsequent investigation were to assist the Senate in deciding whether he was fit to be confirmed for the Supreme Court. So why don't IL voters get the same benefit?

I mean, maybe he should do the right thing and just withdraw from the election, LOL! Doubt we'll be this lucky though.
Like I said, I'm not disagreeing that it shouldn't be investigated (it will since there is a pending lawsuit) but it is unlikely to change anything just like it didn't change anything with the nominations of Donald Trump for US President or Brett Kavanaugh for Supreme Court. So what's your point?

https://www.npr.org/2016/09/29/49595...imination-case

Old 10-23-2018, 03:27 PM

5,014 posts, read 9,474,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by My Kind Of Town View Post
Like I said, I'm not disagreeing that it shouldn't be investigated (it will since there is a pending lawsuit) but it is unlikely to change anything just like it didn't change anything with the nominations of Donald Trump for US President or Brett Kavanaugh for Supreme Court. So what's your point?

https://www.npr.org/2016/09/29/49595...imination-case
Kavanaugh was confirmed but it was a very close vote. And JB might still be elected but might be closer. I don't know. I guess my point is is that what's good for the goose has to be good for the gander. I mean we're not even seeing coverage on this in the media. And I think that's too bad.

Old 10-23-2018, 04:19 PM

21,953 posts, read 9,541,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MongooseHugger View Post
I heard rumors, and, based on sources I trust, believe them now to be true, that McCann is actually a spoiler candidate put up by Madigan.
Of course he is.

Old 10-23-2018, 04:22 PM

21,953 posts, read 9,541,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSchemist80 View Post
I'll take Rauner, even the worst Republicans is better than the F-tard Dems who F'ed this state up to the point they are threatening people's homes. I just made no selection for County board president and some others that were not contested.
Same. I am surprised they haven't figured out a way to keep Republicans from even voting in this state. At our polling place, they were handing out Democrat flyers with all their people on them so the lemmings would know who to follow off the cliff.

Old 10-23-2018, 10:12 PM

4,011 posts, read 4,262,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
Same. I am surprised they haven't figured out a way to keep Republicans from even voting in this state. At our polling place, they were handing out Democrat flyers with all their people on them so the lemmings would know who to follow off the cliff.
We usually round them all up and bus them to camps in downstate IL

Keep in mind all electioneering is legal outside of 100 ft from a polling place in IL.
https://www.elections.il.gov/pollingplaceactivity.aspx

Old 10-24-2018, 04:31 AM

13,006 posts, read 18,928,755 times
People asked what I'd do if I won the Powerball. I answered, "I'd run for governor. I'd be a billionaire with no experience in public office. That makes me qualified!"

Old 10-24-2018, 07:11 AM

10,326 posts, read 17,446,321 times
If I was governor and went to Springfield it would probably go something like this. [Note I am not praising Cromwell; heck no]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkAbOGxDF6g
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois