Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2010, 02:25 AM

2,782 posts, read 4,166,584 times

Advertisements

So lets hear it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2010, 01:39 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,189,686 times
Aren't there enough proselytizing Muslim threads already?

Old 06-21-2010, 02:04 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,818,947 times
Just look at him, who wouldn't trust a guy with a face like that?

(EDIT) PICTURE DELETED FOR POLITICAL CORRECTNESS

Old 06-21-2010, 05:31 PM

397 posts, read 608,513 times
i dont know what your aiming for by starting this thread. i can only show you the truth, your the one who decides ultimately whether youll accept the truth or deny it. but, either way, insha allah, i hope you find what your looking for

Old 06-21-2010, 05:54 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,919,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sukrill View Post
i dont know what your aiming for by starting this thread. i can only show you the truth, your the one who decides ultimately whether youll accept the truth or deny it. but, either way, insha allah, i hope you find what your looking for
The same reason that so many Islamic threads are started here, with a wall of quotes in Farsi, which we can't understand, coupled with absolute statements about Muhammed's assertions.

Old 06-21-2010, 06:09 PM

2,332 posts, read 2,840,083 times
I'm surprised the the Islamic Information centre is so conservative nowadays, though.

Old 06-21-2010, 06:20 PM

2,782 posts, read 4,166,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sukrill View Post
Go ahead and show me, the truth will stand up to scrutiny.

Old 06-21-2010, 06:31 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,392,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gplex View Post
So lets hear it.
Well lets be logical about this.

Who was Muhammad, what did he write?

The answer is NOTHING. He never wrote down a word of the Qur'an, just as Jesus never wrote a word of the bible.

Other people wrote down their "message" from their memories, thats part of the reasons the gospels aren't all the same.

So Muhammad and Jesus weren't complete charlatans, just Moderator cut: deleted who came later and said "I remember they said...." when most of them probably never even knew their "leaders".

Is that a good enough reason?

Last edited by june 7th; 06-21-2010 at 11:11 PM..

Old 06-21-2010, 09:00 PM

people recorded what the prophet said, then that narration/hadith/sunnah was passed from the prophets mouth to the minds of his companions, you have lets just say 12 people that followed him, those twelve people wrote what he said, they all matched. then those twelve were passed to more and more people, even if one of them got what he said wrong, there would be 11 others that got it right. this is the authenticity of the quran. the knowledge and writings have been passed down from generation to generation.

they even have books on the chain of authenticity that link people today all the way to the prophet himself. and the people arent written in those books unless it is confirmed by the person before them that they know everything that the person whos giving the knowledge knows. they make sure so it does not lose its authenticity, so even if every quran in the world was burned, there are people that can recite it word for word, you would think they were one of the people that followed the prophet, even after 1400 years.
but also the wives wrote down everything he did and said and how he acted and reacted in situations. his companions did as well.

if you would like to know more information heres a link...Islam Question and Answer - Claims that the Qur

Old 06-21-2010, 09:08 PM

if you read the quran front to back and not just read a chapter here and there, its in chronological order. theres some sties that say theres contradictions because in one verse it says do not go to prayer in a drunken state and then in anther it says dont drink at all, then people yell contradiction, but if you read the quran in the order it was written you would find that alcohol was permissable at one point in time and then later it was forbidden. theres narrations of people pouring out their alcohol, some were even making themselves vomit if they had been drinking it. immediately muhammad stopped a nation of people from drinking and when the united states tried to ban alcohol they couldnt. so many people were being arrested and thrown in jail it was too much for the us to handle. so they gave up. they made it legal again. nothing changed. however when the prophet said it, immediately people stopped and didnt want to drink anymore. humdallah... the only real way to find out if the quran is true or not is by reading it with an open mind.... it all makes sense, i dont know what doesnt...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam