Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2011, 11:24 PM

1,216 posts, read 2,265,287 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Hue View Post
Heres what I want to know.......if you feel it would be good to reply.

With so much hatred associated with Muslim, why can't the Muslim people who are interested in the Muslim of peace and non-violence start a ...Muslim of Origin , belief system ?
what do you mean ?
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2011, 01:36 PM

912 posts, read 827,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elwill View Post
what do you mean ?
All people see is the evil doings that evolve out of Muslim. Wheres the good in contribution to creation ?

I can't believe to be totally honest how people who want to believe in the Muslim belief.....openly admit it. The reason is all we here is about young girls getting stoned, beat-up and now a Muslim court ordered an "old lady" to lash's for simply allowing a young man to get groceries.

Yet, the members of the Muslim , insist that the belief is God loving ?

If theres anything valuable in the belief of Muslim, why wouldn't there be a
new evovlement of Muslim..which would condem the usual Muslim hatred.

Because a person says they are Muslim...I automatically and correctly believe that you use physical violence and threats of physical violence to
manipulate your women.
This is why I have absolutely NO respect for men who do this.

As well, I feel sorry for the women and they all look like and act like,
Moderator cut: deleted as rude

Last edited by june 7th; 01-09-2011 at 02:35 PM..

Old 01-10-2011, 12:53 AM

439 posts, read 556,814 times
During their journey from Makkah to Madina they passed near the tent of Umm Maabad.

They enquired, “Do you have some thing to eat or drink?”

She said, “Sorry, nothing at all. Even herd of my sheep is far away with my husband.”

The Prophet saw a sheep near the tent and asked her, “What about this sheep?”

Umm Maabad said: “It is extremely weak. It has no milk whatsoever.”

The Prophet said, “May I milk it?”

She said, “Help yourself, if you find any milk there.”

The Prophet touched this sheep and made a prayer and then started milking it in a container.

Umm Maabad drank it to her fill. Similarly Prophet's companions drank to their fills.

He refilled the container with milk and left it with her.

Umm Maabad’s husband returned home and was surprised to see the milk. She told her husband, “A very pious person visited her." She described his features.

Prakata-Makkah- Imtiaz Ahmad

she described everything just as she saw it ...

"Pious in habit; smart in appearance; appealing in etiquette; proportionate in physique; luxurious in hair; handsome in countenance; eyes black and wide; hair long and full; voice deep and rich; neck long and strong; forehead wide and brilliant; eyes filled with modesty; eyebrows thin and long; hair black and slightly curled; with a silent dignity that makes a place in the heart; appears very attractive from afar; but is ever more so handsome from close; sweet, enchanting, manner of speaking; speaks clearly, without excess or deficiency of words - as if pearls have been joined into a necklace; medium in height, so that appears neither short nor too tall - like the fresh stem of a fresh tree; impressive and magnetic presence; cynosure of his companions; he speaks, and they listen with intent silence; he orders, and they hurry to obey; stately, regal, neither reticent nor talkative!"
Islamic Renaissance ...: Bombs, Cartoons, and Reality ...

Old 01-10-2011, 02:34 AM

27 posts, read 32,922 times
To those here who think Muhammed was a man of peace, I would like to debate. I think Muhammed was a violent man.

So if you want to debate, the first thing you've got to let me know is what level of authenticity you regard Bukhari, Sahih Muslim, and Ibn Ishaq as? It's so that we can agree on what Hadiths to quote from.

Old 01-10-2011, 05:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Hue View Post
All people see is the evil doings that evolve out of Muslim. Wheres the good in contribution to creation ?

I can't believe to be totally honest how people who want to believe in the Muslim belief.....openly admit it. The reason is all we here is about young girls getting stoned, beat-up and now a Muslim court ordered an "old lady" to lash's for simply allowing a young man to get groceries.

Yet, the members of the Muslim , insist that the belief is God loving ?
when members of the muslim insist that the belief is God loving , they meant their beliefs not the things which you believe that it's our beliefs

all your knowldge about islam is about young girls getting stoned and old lady lash's , this isn't knowledge about islam
i'm a muslims and from east and i feel shocked when i read such news , it's not ordinary cases according to us either

Quote:
If theres anything valuable in the belief of Muslim, why wouldn't there be a
new evovlement of Muslim..which would condem the usual Muslim hatred.
don't tell me that you tried even once to read about islam and its teaching from islamic sites

Quote:
Because a person says they are Muslim...I automatically and correctly believe that you use physical violence and threats of physical violence to
manipulate your women.
This is why I have absolutely NO respect for men who do this.
i think that you just mistaken in your views , you never met a muslim women in reality , did you ?

Old 01-10-2011, 05:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marz123 View Post
To those here who think Muhammed was a man of peace, I would like to debate. I think Muhammed was a violent man.

So if you want to debate, the first thing you've got to let me know is what level of authenticity you regard Bukhari, Sahih Muslim, and Ibn Ishaq as? It's so that we can agree on what Hadiths to quote from.
al Nawawi wrote: “A number of scholars discovered many hadith’s in the collections of Muslim and Bukhari which do not fulfill the conditions of verification assumed by these men.” The collectors attach a greater weight to the trustworthiness of the narrators. Their criterion was certainly valuable, but it was not sufficient. In our opinion the criterion for hadith criticism’s as well as standard for materials concerning the prophet life, is the one which prophet himself gave. He said: After I am gone differences will arise among you. Compare whatever is reported to be mine with the book of God; that which agrees therewith you may accept as having come from me; that which disagrees you will reject as fabrication.

Old 01-10-2011, 11:46 AM

912 posts, read 827,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elwill View Post
when members of the muslim insist that the belief is God loving , they meant their beliefs not the things which you believe that it's our beliefs

all your knowldge about islam is about young girls getting stoned and old lady lash's , this isn't knowledge about islam
i'm a muslims and from east and i feel shocked when i read such news , it's not ordinary cases according to us either

don't tell me that you tried even once to read about islam and its teaching from islamic sites

i think that you just mistaken in your views , you never met a muslim women in reality , did you ?
1) Do you deny that Muslim religion accepts and promotes force in violence to control women ?

2) Exactly what initiative has EVER been implemented in world hunger or world peace solely through Muslim effort ?

3) What is the world peace objective, to Muslim faith ? Do you have this objective in a formal directive, and why not..?

4) Knowledge of Muslim is nothing if the followers do not show observance to the faith. How do you substantiate the readings to Muslim in every day life when they are not followed ?

I have met many Muslim women...its very sad. There is no such thing as love in their life and they accept the situation like saints. They are the sacrificial lamb to a self dominating religion which affords the world pain and suffering. They ALL know that absolute rejection as well threats are very much real if they do not comply exactly.
This is how they know, they must live the life.... and pretend... they can find the true love...and know that it.....will not be.

This is my observation and I fully want Muslim people to know , with communication and transportation, the conduct and control tactics that Muslim use against women is ......well known and un-acceptable.

People watch people. It is part of the life in a interesting progressive culture. Muslim people are watched in curiosity as well. There is much that is noticed.

You cannot hide things. When do Muslim people go out in the community and help the poor, aged, sick in the community....? If not what is the good in Muslim belief....exactly ?

Old 01-10-2011, 02:41 PM

271 posts, read 356,093 times
The more I pondered the greater emptiness I felt within. I was slowly beginning to reach a stage where my dissatisfaction with my status as a woman in this society, was really a reflection of my greater dissatisfaction with society itself. Everything seemed to be degenerating backwards, despite the claims that the 1990's was going to be the decade of success and prosperity. Something vital seemed to be missing from my life and nothing would fill this vacuum. Being a Christian did not do anything for me, and I began to question the validity of only remembering God one day a week - Sundays! As with many other Christians too, I had become disillusioned with the hypocrisy of the Church and was becoming increasingly unhappy with the concept of Trinity and the deification of Jesus. Eventually, I began to look into Islam.

At first, I was only interested in looking at those issues which specifically dealt with women. I was surprised. What I read and learned taught me a lot about myself as a woman, and also about where the real oppression of women lies: in every other system and way of life outside of Islam. Muslim women have been given their rights in every aspect of the religion with clear definitions of their role in society - as had men - with no injustice against either of them.

By: Feminist embraced islam .HERE

That's what who studied islam said !

Old 01-10-2011, 02:46 PM

271 posts, read 356,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmessage View Post
During their journey from Makkah to Madina they passed near the tent of Umm Maabad.

They enquired, “Do you have some thing to eat or drink?”

She said, “Sorry, nothing at all. Even herd of my sheep is far away with my husband.”

The Prophet saw a sheep near the tent and asked her, “What about this sheep?”

Umm Maabad said: “It is extremely weak. It has no milk whatsoever.”

The Prophet said, “May I milk it?”

She said, “Help yourself, if you find any milk there.”

The Prophet touched this sheep and made a prayer and then started milking it in a container.

Umm Maabad drank it to her fill. Similarly Prophet's companions drank to their fills.

He refilled the container with milk and left it with her.

Umm Maabad’s husband returned home and was surprised to see the milk. She told her husband, “A very pious person visited her." She described his features.

Prakata-Makkah- Imtiaz Ahmad

she described everything just as she saw it ...

"Pious in habit; smart in appearance; appealing in etiquette; proportionate in physique; luxurious in hair; handsome in countenance; eyes black and wide; hair long and full; voice deep and rich; neck long and strong; forehead wide and brilliant; eyes filled with modesty; eyebrows thin and long; hair black and slightly curled; with a silent dignity that makes a place in the heart; appears very attractive from afar; but is ever more so handsome from close; sweet, enchanting, manner of speaking; speaks clearly, without excess or deficiency of words - as if pearls have been joined into a necklace; medium in height, so that appears neither short nor too tall - like the fresh stem of a fresh tree; impressive and magnetic presence; cynosure of his companions; he speaks, and they listen with intent silence; he orders, and they hurry to obey; stately, regal, neither reticent nor talkative!"
Islamic Renaissance ...: Bombs, Cartoons, and Reality ...
Subhan Allah !

Old 01-10-2011, 08:06 PM

4,612 posts, read 4,899,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth light View Post
The more I pondered the greater emptiness I felt within. I was slowly beginning to reach a stage where my dissatisfaction with my status as a woman in this society, was really a reflection of my greater dissatisfaction with society itself. Everything seemed to be degenerating backwards, despite the claims that the 1990's was going to be the decade of success and prosperity. Something vital seemed to be missing from my life and nothing would fill this vacuum. Being a Christian did not do anything for me, and I began to question the validity of only remembering God one day a week - Sundays! As with many other Christians too, I had become disillusioned with the hypocrisy of the Church and was becoming increasingly unhappy with the concept of Trinity and the deification of Jesus. Eventually, I began to look into Islam.
That was a good post, Truth. I think a lot of us do not understand why people are attracted to Islam, but you explained it very well.

You said that you had an emptiness in your life and you were dissatisfied with our society and Christianity was not doing enough for you. I guess you find Islam to be more all-encompassing, and that appeals to you.

We all hope you find happiness and fulfillment in your new faith.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam