Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2014, 11:06 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,085,116 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BergenBlue View Post
Woodrow & other Muslims...

Would you agree that Muhammad was a bad person according to the Quran?
No

Do you know Muhammad(saws) is only mentioned in the Qur'an 4 times,

Al-Imran (The Family of Imran)

3:144 (Y. Ali) Muhammad is no more than an apostle: many Were the apostle that passed away before him. If he died or were slain, will ye then Turn back on your heels? If any did turn back on his heels, not the least harm will he do to Allah. but Allah (on the other hand) will swiftly reward those who (serve Him) with gratitude.

Al-Ahzab (The Confederates)

33:40 (Y. Ali) Muhammad is not the father of any of your men, but (he is) the Messenger of Allah, and the Seal of the Prophets: and Allah has full knowledge of all things.

Muhammad

47:2 (Y. Ali) But those who believe and work deeds of righteousness, and believe in the (Revelation) sent down to Muhammad - for it is the Truth from their Lord,- He will remove from them their ills and improve their condition.

Al-Fath (The Victory)

48:29 (Y. Ali) Muhammad is the apostle of Allah. and those who are with him are strong against Unbelievers, (but) compassionate amongst each other. Thou wilt see them bow and prostrate themselves (in prayer), seeking Grace from Allah and (His) Good Pleasure. On their faces are their marks, (being) the traces of their prostration. This is their similitude in the Taurat; and their similitude in the Gospel is: like a seed which sends forth its blade, then makes it strong; it then becomes thick, and it stands on its own stem, (filling) the sowers with wonder and delight. As a result, it fills the Unbelievers with rage at them. Allah has promised those among them who believe and do righteous deeds forgiveness, and a great Reward.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2014, 11:09 PM

2,416 posts, read 2,024,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
With there being a rather large number of us (latest estimate 1.7 Billion) even a very small percentage is a huge number.

Just one percent comes to be 17,000,000. I certainly pray the total number of terrorists world wide and of all beliefs is much lower than that.

The majority of today's terrorism seems to be related to ISIS which claims a membership of 7,000 to 10,000 depending what source one uses. While that is less than 1/1,000 of the world's Muslim population, it's damage is huge. In today's world, a small percentage of any people can do considerable damage.

It should be mentioned that Indonesia has made it illegal to support ISIS. SOURCE turkey has agreed to side with the US to fight ISIS HERE

I believe most Islamic Nations will side with the US on this as ISIS is proving to be a threat to the Islamic Nations, especially against Saudi and Iran.

I have not heard of any Islamic Nations that support ISIS,
Woodrow, I appreciate your civil reply. I know we've been here before - I made a similar point earlier, but where are the many Muslims you refer to - engaging people here? I suggest that the silence is telling.

Old 09-07-2014, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by modernist1 View Post
Woodrow, I appreciate your civil reply. I know we've been here before - I made a similar point earlier, but where are the many Muslims you refer to - engaging people here? I suggest that the silence is telling.
It is no small number speaking out against ISIS.

As for Muslims on City-Data there are very few of us that are members here.

Now on a world wide basis there are many protests against ISIS most are not in English and get very little attention in western media. Over 50% close to 75% of the World's Muslims live in Just 6 nations. Indonesia, Pakistan, Bangladesh, India, Malaysia and China. You are not likely to see any media reports from there in western media, as they usually are not in English

But some examples:

HERE

HERE

HERE

HERE

HERE

HERE

HERE

HERE

HERE

HERE

HERE

HERE

HERE

HERE

HERE

Old 09-07-2014, 02:00 AM

2,416 posts, read 2,024,551 times
Since the 'misguided' Muslims (or a fair percentage of them) are so inclined to use social media, it's discouraging that so few of the considerable number of others (many of who speak English) might use City data - or at least feel inclined to address the observations of others (non Muslims no less) in a neutral forum. Incidentally, I see that a large group of British Muslims have declared a 'fatwa' against ISIS. Ok. But why within the exclusivity of religion? - why not just plain 'secular' condemnation? I think it's also part of the problem.

Old 09-07-2014, 06:00 AM

1,727 posts, read 1,429,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
Oddly enough when I look at news from Iran or Palestine almost all the news I see is about the violence of Israel.

All nations seem to present the news that show them self as being innocent and smelling like roses.

The media is quite biased in all nations. One needs to search all sources and assume the truth is someplace between the extremes.

Outside of that our option is to rely upon what we our self have witnessed in person.
Except when you look at news from Palistiene you will see over and over false photographs of imagined bloodlust from the Isralies.

Last month they were busted using a picture taken from a movie with a beheading. and naturally blamed the Jews.
Have you watched Palliestene childrens TV,
Cartoon charactors telling children to kill Jews.

But of course, they are just following their religion.

Old 09-07-2014, 06:24 AM

I don't see this persons quote, is it from another thread.

Muhammed cannot be judged by the Qur'an, he is not in it.

But yes, from the Sira, he is one of the most evil persons to walk the earth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BergenBlue
Woodrow & other Muslims...

Would you agree that Muhammad was a bad person according to the Quran?

Old 09-07-2014, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by modernist1 View Post
Since the 'misguided' Muslims (or a fair percentage of them) are so inclined to use social media, it's discouraging that so few of the considerable number of others (many of who speak English) might use City data - or at least feel inclined to address the observations of others (non Muslims no less) in a neutral forum. Incidentally, I see that a large group of British Muslims have declared a 'fatwa' against ISIS. Ok. But why within the exclusivity of religion? - why not just plain 'secular' condemnation? I think it's also part of the problem.
When they do secular condemnations you hear the comments---Muslims never protest against Muslims that do wrong. For years Muslims did vocaly condemn all Violence and that was what we often heard in return

You will find many Muslims on Facebook, Islamictube, MuxlimSpace (Now defunct) Last post on it being:

Quote:
Danko says: 04/02/2012 at 21:33
May every muslim poison on internet end up like this

, On my Facebook page I have over 2,000 Muslim friends. We used to be very active on MYSpace but that has become more of an outlet for pop-music these days I used to have a website but no longer could take the harassment. It was a daily job of addressing anti-Islamic Rhetoric.

There is some discouragement for individual Muslims to use the Internet Social Media. Once you publicly make it known you are Muslim, you do get hit with harassment in real life from the anti-Islamic folks. Along with constant posts and emails from people trying to get you to denounce Islam

Old 09-07-2014, 08:59 AM

Terrorists, or supporters, are estimated to be 15 to 25 percent of muslims.

This is a huge number

Old 09-07-2014, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_a49 View Post
Terrorists, or supporters, are estimated to be 15 to 25 percent of muslims.

This is a huge number
I really doubt it is that high. 25% would be more than the entire population of the USA. Even 15% would be Larger than the combined German/Japanese Armies of WW2.

Looking at the typical Terrorist the vast Majority (Until ISIS) came from the Mideast which accounts for a Maximum of 20% of the World's Muslims.

ISIS which is doing the most current damage only has 7,000 to 10,000 people. But they do have an estimated budget of 2.5 Billion Dollars stolen from Iraq. Making them one of the wealthiest and most dangerous organizations on earth.

Old 09-07-2014, 12:07 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ry3NzkAOo3s
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam