Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2015, 08:54 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,241,939 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
While there is some truth to what you say, I think you ought not paint all Muslim countries (you said, "any Islamic country) the same. Apparently you have never been to Malaysia or Indonesia.
The SUFI MUSLIMS in Ethiopia are peace loving.

Old 10-27-2015, 08:56 AM

1,261 posts, read 951,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Pretty sad when one of the most supposed Progressive Muslim countries requires you to get your clitoris cut off as a woman. Same applies with Malaysia.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Preval...ntry#Indonesia
"Female genital mutilation Type I and IV is prevalent in Indonesia 97.5% of females from Muslim families"
I'd just like to point out that FGC and FGM are cultural practices, not religious practices. There are no religious texts in Islam, Christianity or Judaism that support either practice. In some countries that practice it, it is more common among the Christian population. In others, it is more common among the Muslim population. There are places where it is also practiced in the Jewish community.

I just want to point out that male circumcision, on the other hand, is mentioned in the OT and the Sunnah (but not the Quran). It is practiced widely in both Islam and Judaism and even here in the US against boys who are too young to make the decision for themselves. This isn't an issue that affects girls only.

Old 10-27-2015, 10:05 AM

3,190 posts, read 3,186,172 times
The problem isn't the liberal Muslims in the US. The problem is the generations of militant, repressed, under-educated Muslims from the Middle-East, SE Asia and Africa that are dangerous and the fact that most other Muslims aren't willing to say or do anything about those dangerous Muslims. If the dangerous Muslims and their mindset/motivations were actually just a small minority the Muslim world would have snuffed it out. There's 1,000,000,000+ Muslims but they can't do anything about the extremists?

Old 10-27-2015, 10:30 AM

19,029 posts, read 14,209,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MordinSolus View Post
The problem isn't the liberal Muslims in the US. The problem is the generations of militant, repressed, under-educated Muslims from the Middle-East, SE Asia and Africa that are dangerous and the fact that most other Muslims aren't willing to say or do anything about those dangerous Muslims. If the dangerous Muslims and their mindset/motivations were actually just a small minority the Muslim world would have snuffed it out. There's 1,000,000,000+ Muslims but they can't do anything about the extremists?
That is a grave mistake. There is no "liberal" versus "militant" Islam. It is ALL ISLAM.

Only those who do not know what Islam means, trust Muslims. Their prophet, a pedophile, rapist, murderer, slaver, warlord, is their "ideal." Their own scriptures teach them to lie to everyone else, and seek dominion over all peoples and lands. Rape is Sunna. Rape is not a sin. Rape is permitted and encouraged by Mohammed and the Koran. Islam is the only political system in the world that includes rules for rape and war. Rape is jihad. How good can it get? A Muslim gets to rape a kafir girl and get heaven credits. All jihad is a ticket to Paradise.

There is no contradiction in Islam. Whatever advances Islam is deemed moral, which means it is not religion, but a totalitarian system that does not make the distinction between good and evil.

Abrogation - where the latter text overrides the earlier text.
Sura 2:106 We do not abrogate a verse of cause it to be forgotten except that We bring forth [one] better than it or similar to it. Do you not know that Allah is over all things competent?

Sura 16:101 And when We substitute a verse in place of a verse - and Allah is more knowing of what He sends down - they say, “You, [O Muhammad], are but an inventor [of lies].” But most of them do not know.

Sura 17:86 And if We willed, We would surely do away with that which We revealed to you. Then you would not find yourself concerning it an advocate against us.
Ex:
Qu’ran
Mecca (early) 109:1 “You have your religion, and I have mine.”

Medina (late) 8:12 “I shall cast terror into the hearts of the Kafirs (unbelievers). Strike off their heads, strike off the very tips of their fingers.”
Guess which one overrides the other?
Guess which one represents the “real” Allah?

Ayatollah Khomeini, the most important Moslem leader of the 20th Century, said:
"Those who know nothing of Islam pretend that Islam counsels against war. Those who say this are witless.
Islam says: Kill all the unbelievers just as they would kill you all! Does this mean that Muslims should sit back until they are devoured?
Islam says: Kill them, put them to the sword and scatter their armies....
Islam says: whatever good there is exists thanks to the sword and in the shadow of the sword!
People cannot be made obedient except with the sword! the sword is the key to Paradise, which can be opened only for the Holy Warriors! There are hundreds of other Koranic psalms and Hadiths urging Muslims to value war and to fight. Does all this mean that Islam is a religion that prevents men from waging war? I spit upon those foolish souls who make such a claim."

Old 10-27-2015, 10:51 AM

2,165 posts, read 3,774,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles22 View Post
Doesn't change anything.
^this

Old 10-27-2015, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
That is a grave mistake. There is no "liberal" versus "militant" Islam. It is ALL ISLAM.

Only those who do not know what Islam means, trust Muslims. Their prophet, a pedophile, rapist, murderer, slaver, warlord, is their "ideal." Their own scriptures teach them to lie to everyone else, and seek dominion over all peoples and lands. Rape is Sunna. Rape is not a sin. Rape is permitted and encouraged by Mohammed and the Koran. Islam is the only political system in the world that includes rules for rape and war. Rape is jihad. How good can it get? A Muslim gets to rape a kafir girl and get heaven credits. All jihad is a ticket to Paradise.

There is no contradiction in Islam. Whatever advances Islam is deemed moral, which means it is not religion, but a totalitarian system that does not make the distinction between good and evil.
-snip-
Christianity is no better* so let's not play this game. Liberal Muslims are clearly very different from militant Muslims, just like Christians that only go to church on Christmas and Easter are very different from the Christians that bomb clinics and shoot doctors. My problem is with their silence and inaction.

*women must marry their rapists or be stoned to death, slavery is good, people can be traded for livestock, God is a petulant child that demands sacrifices, infidels are to be converted or killed, etc

Old 10-27-2015, 11:28 AM

335 posts, read 376,783 times
We are at war with radical islam. You can say what ever you want. Give them the opportunity and they will strike.

Old 10-27-2015, 11:53 AM

1,261 posts, read 951,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MordinSolus View Post
Christianity is no better* so let's not play this game. Liberal Muslims are clearly very different from militant Muslims, just like Christians that only go to church on Christmas and Easter are very different from the Christians that bomb clinics and shoot doctors. My problem is with their silence and inaction.

*women must marry their rapists or be stoned to death, slavery is good, people can be traded for livestock, God is a petulant child that demands sacrifices, infidels are to be converted or killed, etc
I don't think liberal Muslims are silent. There are groups like Muslims for Peace, the Muslim Peace Fellowship, the Salam Institute for Peace, and individuals like 'Abd Al-Nasser Al-Najjar (who has written about the importance of defending Arab Christians in the ME) and Dr Ilham Nasser and Dr. Mohammed Abunimer (who have studied ways to train teachers who promote forgiveness in the ME). The voices are out there, maybe we just need to be better listeners.

Old 10-27-2015, 12:03 PM

1,175 posts, read 1,286,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
While there is some truth to what you say, I think you ought not paint all Muslim countries (you said, "any Islamic country) the same. Apparently you have never been to Malaysia or Indonesia.
Those two countries also have a lot of violence related to Islam:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terrorism_in_Malaysia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terrorism_in_Indonesia

Old 10-27-2015, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AminWi View Post
I don't think liberal Muslims are silent. There are groups like Muslims for Peace, the Muslim Peace Fellowship, the Salam Institute for Peace, and individuals like 'Abd Al-Nasser Al-Najjar (who has written about the importance of defending Arab Christians in the ME) and Dr Ilham Nasser and Dr. Mohammed Abunimer (who have studied ways to train teachers who promote forgiveness in the ME). The voices are out there, maybe we just need to be better listeners.
Sorry, but that's BS. You're talking about a number of Muslims smaller than ISIS. If Muslim extremists were really a reviled minority we wouldn't have to go looking for Muslim dissenters. And what exactly are they doing? The extremists are traveling across the world to fight for what they believe in. Moderate and liberal Muslims aren't doing anything, let alone enough to stop Muslim extremists.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam