Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2016, 02:00 AM

3,640 posts, read 42,142 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Continuum View Post
As a believer [especially theistic] you have an imperative to be positively bias towards your religion otherwise your faith will not work.
As an unbeliever you have to be nagative towards Islam and the Qur'an otherwise you will no longer be unbeliever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2016, 02:45 AM

3,440 posts, read 2,645,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khalif View Post
As an unbeliever you have to be negative towards Islam and the Qur'an otherwise you will no longer be unbeliever.
My criticism of Islam [in part not whole] is based on the glaring evidences of evils and violence committed by SOME Muslims who are evil prone.
There is no way any one can deny this fact.
My criticisms are very objective and rely solely on evidence from real evils and the verses in the Quran.

I have formulated a hypothesis which can be easily tested and proven.

My research and criticism of Islam [in part not whole] is to trace the effective root causes as in my hypothesis.

I do not have a total negative view of Islam.
I believe Islam as with other religions are a critical psychological necessity for the majority of people to deal with an inherent unavoidable existential dilemma at present [not necessary the future 100 years].
Whilst religions and Islam has their negative elements we have to tolerate them at present because there are no effective replacements.
While we tolerate religions at present we must research thoroughly into Quran[partly]-inspired evils and violence by SOME Muslims who are evil prone to find the critical root causes.

Old 03-24-2016, 12:50 PM

3,640 posts, read 42,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Continuum View Post
My criticism of Islam [in part not whole] is based on the glaring evidences of evils and violence committed by SOME Muslims who are evil prone.
There is no way any one can deny this fact.
My criticisms are very objective and rely solely on evidence from real evils and the verses in the Quran.
If you turn your statement on its head, using your usual logic, you will read it 400% in favour of Islam (80% is 400% better than 20%).

Quote:
I have formulated a hypothesis which can be easily tested and proven.
It won't stand the test of time, and fail without doubt.

Quote:
My research and criticism of Islam [in part not whole] is to trace the effective root causes as in my hypothesis.
It hasn't a leg to stand on. I understand the Qur'an and I understand the mindset of well over 90% of the Muslims. I can confirm that it isn't the Qur'an that is making some Muslims do evil acts. There are several other credible factors that are being totally ignored at the moment; the reason there is no effective solution found yet. When you look for solution for eliminating terrorism in the wrong place, the terrorism can't be eliminated. In fact, trying to kill people who are not afraid of dying is no solution to the problem as more are produced to take their place. Effective solution is not in killing them but stopping them from killing others. This needs a back to the drawing-room approach.

Quote:
I do not have a total negative view of Islam.
I do not believe that you do not have a total negative view of Islam when you are sure that God does not exist.

Quote:
I believe Islam as with other religions are a critical psychological necessity for the majority of people to deal with an inherent unavoidable existential dilemma at present [not necessary the future 100 years].
Islam prepared me to understand my origin and where I am heading to. It also guided me as to how I should conduct in and live this life so that I have pesce in my heart and mind; the ultimate happiness at least in this life.

Quote:
Whilst religions and Islam has their negative elements we have to tolerate them at present because there are no effective replacements.
If, as you admit here, there are no effective replacements for "any negative elements" in the Qur'an even after 1437 years then clearly "any negative elements" are not in the Qur'an but in the minds of people who do not understand the Qur'an.

Quote:
While we tolerate religions at present we must research thoroughly into Quran[partly]-inspired evils and violence by SOME Muslims who are evil prone to find the critical root causes.
If you keep looking for them in the Qur'an, you will keep wasting your time. Sooner or later you would find that you have been barking up the wrong tree.

Old 03-25-2016, 01:38 AM

3,440 posts, read 2,645,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khalif View Post
If you turn your statement on its head, using your usual logic, you will read it 400% in favour of Islam (80% is 400% better than 20%).
The above logic is not sound at all and totally irrelevant to the problem of evils committed by SOME Muslims who are evil prone.

What you are implying is, because 80% of Muslims are moderate, i.e. 400% better than the 20% of evil prone, therefore we should ignore the evils and violence related to the 20%.
The above is ridiculous.

The main point here is we have identified the root cause of Quran inspired evils and violence to the 20% of evil prone who are influenced and inspired by the evil laden elements in the Quran.
Therefore to resolve the problem of Islamic-inspired evils we should focus on this two specific variables instead of the 80% of Muslims who are good. This is a case of prioritizing and solving problems efficiently.

Quote:
It won't stand the test of time, and fail without doubt.
You are just barking at my hypothesis without any justifications at all. That is not credible at all.
I have provided the proofs, justifications and testings to demonstrate my hypothesis is true.
Give me your arguments and proofs to justify your views.

Quote:
It hasn't a leg to stand on. I understand the Qur'an and I understand the mindset of well over 90% of the Muslims. I can confirm that it isn't the Qur'an that is making some Muslims do evil acts. There are several other credible factors that are being totally ignored at the moment; the reason there is no effective solution found yet. When you look for solution for eliminating terrorism in the wrong place, the terrorism can't be eliminated. In fact, trying to kill people who are not afraid of dying is no solution to the problem as more are produced to take their place. Effective solution is not in killing them but stopping them from killing others. This needs a back to the drawing-room approach.
Firstly, as a believer you must be positively bias towards your own religion, otherwise your faith will not work. Note the concept of "Inoculation theory" "Confirmation bias" "Selective Attention" within psychology which basically make you blind to whatever is negative from your religion.
What you have been doing is merely waving and throwing statements which are not justified with proofs nor sound arguments.

Btw, I did not advocate killing of those who are committing Quran-inspired evils and violence.
Note my main point, the ultimate effective root cause is not the evil prone Muslims because they are unfortunate to be born with such tendencies.

The critical solutions is to deal with the evil laden elements in the Quran.
The first step is ALL Muslims must understand and accept there are evil laden elements in the Quran that can influenced the unfortunate 20% of Muslims who are born with a tendency to commit evil.
This first step is the most critical as to solve any problem we must identify the effective root cause.
Then the other steps are to follow from the first step.

Quote:
I do not believe that you do not have a total negative view of Islam when you are sure that God does not exist.
That is your subjective belief. I have already given my objective view.

Quote:
Islam prepared me to understand my origin and where I am heading to. It also guided me as to how I should conduct in and live this life so that I have peace in my heart and mind; the ultimate happiness at least in this life.
I don't deny Islam as a religion has helped 99% of Muslims psychologically because that is what religions were established to provide.
In the psychological perspective of human sufferings, religion is exactly like any of those drugs that provide many with a peace of mind and alleviate one's psychological pain.
No wonder, Marx stated 'Religions are the opium of the masses".
Like any drugs, religions has their side effects, liabilities, their related evils and violence arising from the minority [20% -estimated].

While Islam may have helped you mentally and psychologically, you cannot deny, as a whole Islam is also responsible for its related evils and violence committed by SOME [not the 80%] Muslims who are evil prone [20% born naturally with such tendencies].

Quote:
If, as you admit here, there are no effective replacements for "any negative elements" in the Qur'an even after 1437 years then clearly "any negative elements" are not in the Qur'an but in the minds of people who do not understand the Qur'an.
I stated there are no effective replacements for religions to deal with the existential dilemma in humans. The most effective solutions at the present to resolve the existential dilemma are religions BUT religions like drugs has their side effects on SOME [not all] believers. The side effects are due to the evil laden elements in the holy texts of the religion.

The side effects [evils and violence] in the Quran has been influencing and inspiring SOME [not all] Muslims to commit terrible evils and violence upon humanity for 1437 years. The evidence and proof to his is glaring and obvious, the latest being the recent Brussels massacre.

In contrast, note Buddhism and other religions which also has their own side effects but Buddhism do not has any dangerous side effects resulting in terrible evils and violence like Islam. This is because Buddhism do not has malignant and evil laden elements in their sutras [religious texts].

Quote:
If you keep looking for them in the Qur'an, you will keep wasting your time. Sooner or later you would find that you have been barking up the wrong tree.
I have read the Quran more than 50 times with in depth reading, researching, and analysis where it is so obvious there are tons of evil laden elements. I suggest you read the Quran chronologically at least 50 times, then you may* know the truth of reality.
* unfortunately as a believer you MUST be bias toward your religion, thus you are not likely to see the truth of reality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam