Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2016, 12:21 AM

6,115 posts, read 3,089,753 times

Advertisements

Prophet Muhammad’s SAW Farewell Sermon / خطبة الودا, Khutbatu l-Wada

9 DhulHijjah 10 AH (9 March 632) at Mount Arafat

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) undertook his farewell pilgrimage in the year 10 A.H. His farewell pilgrimage to Mecca is one of the most significant historical events in the minds of Muslims, for it was the first and last pilgrimage made by Prophet Muhammad, as well as being the model for performing the fifth pillar of Islam, the Hajj.

Prophet Muhammad’s final sermon was delivered during the Hajj of the year 632 C.E., the ninth day of Dhul Hijjah, the 12th month of the lunar year, at Arafat, the most blessed day of the year. There were countless Muslims present with the Prophet SAW during his last pilgrimage when he delivered his last Sermon.

Even today the Last Sermon of Prophet Muhammad SAW is passed to every Muslim in every corner of the word through all possible means of communication. Muslims are reminded about it in mosques and in lectures. Indeed the meanings found in this sermon are indeed astounding, touching upon some of the most important rights Allah has over humanity, and humanity has over each other. Though the Prophet’s soul SAW has left this world, his words are still living in our hearts.

After praising and thanking Allah, Prophet Muhammad SAW said:

“O People, lend me an attentive ear, for I know not whether after this year, I shall ever be amongst you again. Therefore listen to what I am saying to you very carefully and TAKE THESE WORDS TO THOSE WHO COULD NOT BE PRESENT HERE TODAY.

O People, just as you regard this month, this day, this city as Sacred, so regard the life and property of every Muslim as a sacred trust. Return the goods entrusted to you to their rightful owners. Hurt no one so that no one may hurt you. Remember that you will indeed meet your Lord, and that He will indeed reckon your deeds. ALLAH has forbidden you to take usury (interest), therefore all interest obligation shall henceforth be waived. Your capital, however, is yours to keep. You will neither inflict nor suffer any inequity. Allah has Judged that there shall be no interest and that all the interest due to Abbas ibn Abdul Muttalib (Prophet’s uncle) shall henceforth be waived…

Beware of Satan, for the safety of your religion. He has lost all hope that he will ever be able to lead you astray in big things, so beware of following him in small things.

O People, it is true that you have certain rights with regard to your women, but they also have rights over you. Remember that you have taken them as your wives only under Allah’s trust and with His permission. If they abide by your right then to them belongs the right to be fed and clothed in kindness. Do treat your women well and be kind to them for they are your partners and committed helpers. And it is your right that they do not make friends with any one of whom you do not approve, as well as never to be unchaste.

O People, listen to me in earnest, worship Allah, say your five daily prayers (Salah), fast during the month of Ramadan, and give your wealth in Zakat. Perform Hajj if you can afford to.

All mankind is from Adam and Eve, an Arab has no superiority over a non-Arab nor a non-Arab has any superiority over an Arab; also a white has no superiority over black nor a black has any superiority over white except by piety and good action. Learn that every Muslim is a brother to every Muslim and that the Muslims constitute one brotherhood. Nothing shall be legitimate to a Muslim which belongs to a fellow Muslim unless it was given freely and willingly. Do not, therefore, do injustice to yourselves.

Remember, one day you will appear before Allah and answer your deeds. So beware, do not stray from the path of righteousness after I am gone.

O People, no prophet or apostle will come after me and no new faith will be born. Reason well, therefore, O People, and understand words which I convey to you. I leave behind me two things, the QURAN and my example, the SUNNAH and if you follow these you will never go astray.
All those who listen to me shall pass on my words to others and those to others again; and may the last ones understand my words better than those who listen to me directly. Be my witness, O Allah, that I have conveyed your message to your people”.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2017, 01:17 AM

23 posts, read 19,374 times
The Sunnah just mentions to the instructions, prohibitions, sayings, activities and implicit approvals of the Prophet Muhammad, Sallallahu alaihi Wasallam, the last Messenger Allah, Glorious is he, referred to Mankind.

Old 04-05-2017, 03:28 AM

3,440 posts, read 2,646,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
O People, listen to me in earnest, worship Allah, say your five daily prayers (Salah), fast during the month of Ramadan, and give your wealth in Zakat. Perform Hajj if you can afford to.
According to the Quran and Allah, yes Muslims must عbudu Allah, but where did you get the rest of rituals from. If Allah did not say so in the Quran, then the rest cannot be from Allah.

Sol-laa is commitment not ritual prayer
Sol-laa between people
Sol-laa to yourself
Sol-laa is about doing ‘deeds’
Abraham’s commitments
Moses’ commitments
Jesus’ commitments
Muhammad’s commitments
Ask for God’s help without rituals
Glorify God through commitments
Ritual prayer is not in the Qur’an
Ritual prayer is a conspiracy
The Sol-laa shuffle

Religious tithe collection is a scam
Zakaa does not mean religious tithe
Basic universal values
Charity is prescribed
Religious tithe invented by the religionists
Zakaa is not about money
The meaning of the word Zakaa

Umra and Haj: The invented pilgrimage
‘Amr means ‘Life’
God U’mra to humans
Humans give life (U’mra) to the earth
How the word U’mra in 9:19 was distorted
Haj is a challenge NOT a pilgrimage
Hajii Akhbar means the ‘Big Challenge’
Hajaa Ibrohim
Abraham and Ishmael were never in Mecca
The Arabs were pagans
The ‘Challenge’ to Sunnis and Shiite
A message to Arab religionists

https://mentalbondageinthenameofgod.wordpress.com/

Old 04-05-2017, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Continuum View Post
According to the Quran and Allah, yes Muslims must عbudu Allah, but where did you get the rest of rituals from. If Allah did not say so in the Quran, then the rest cannot be from Allah.
So what do you want me to do?

Old 04-05-2017, 09:46 AM

3,640 posts, read 43,028 times
Quote:
Continuum,

Which are "the rest of rituals"?

[2.43] And establish prayer (salat صَلَوٰة) and pay the poor-rate (zakat زَكَوٰة ) and bow down (this is done by going to rakuh) with those who bow down.

The word salat صَلَوٰة occurs 83 times in the Qur'aan and 32 times the word zakat زَكَوٰة .

[2:196] And complete the hajj and the Umrah ( وَأَتِمُّوا الْحَجَّ وَالْعُمْرَةَ )...

You won't learn about Islam or the Qur'aan from sites created about Islam by people who have ignorance about Islam.

Old 04-05-2017, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
So what do you want me to do?
Suggest you read the strongly supported arguments presented by the author, then form an opinion on them.

Last edited by Continuum; 04-05-2017 at 08:51 PM..

Old 04-05-2017, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khalif View Post
Continuum,

Which are "the rest of rituals"?

[2.43] And establish prayer (salat صَلَوٰة) and pay the poor-rate (zakat زَكَوٰة ) and bow down (this is done by going to rakuh) with those who bow down.

The word salat صَلَوٰة occurs 83 times in the Qur'aan and 32 times the word zakat زَكَوٰة .

[2:196] And complete the hajj and the Umrah ( وَأَتِمُّوا الْحَجَّ وَالْعُمْرَةَ )...

You won't learn about Islam or the Qur'aan from sites created about Islam by people who have ignorance about Islam.
The author has covered Islam very extensively and in depth with critical thoughts.
Have you read his arguments?

I accept some of his arguments are contentious but the main thrust of his arguments are reasonably sound, especially on how the religionists [self-claimed ulema, ulama] has expounded the Quran to suit their agenda and exploit the masses.

Instead on sweeping off his views with one broad brush, you should review the individual arguments. I know you will agree with most of his arguments and disagree with some.

Here is one interesting site from Dr. Ashif Khan along a similar vein;
https://www.linkedin.com/today/autho...yBm3AyW9OUFxnN

Old 04-05-2017, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khalif View Post
The word salat صَلَوٰة occurs 83 times in the Qur'aan
In addition to the above links, what do you think of this view regarding Salaat;

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/salaa...mp-reader-card

Quote:
“صلاۃ”SALAAH AND ITS ROOTS:

The definite noun “الصَّلاَةِ” is derived from the proto root ص – ل (Sad & Lam).The primary meaning of صل (Sal) are: connect, link, circuit, cling, to meet, meeting, relation, communication, join, joint, arrive to meet, network ,attachment, liaison, linkage, linkup, union, gather, unitedness, following and shadowing. Proto root ص – ل (Sad & Lam) or the Prime Root Word صل (Sal) has never been used for pray or worship in Arabic or its mother language the Hebrews or in the Semitic languages of the earlier scriptures of God. Hence, “صلاۃ” (Salaah) was made compulsory in every revelation of God in the same context and finally it was revealed in the Quran, and God made it compulsory for everyone following His practice (Allah’s Sunnah), which has never been changed since inception. سُنَّةَ اللَّهِ الَّتِي قَدْ خَلَتْ مِن قَبْلُ وَلَن تَجِدَ لِسُنَّةِ اللَّهِ تَبْدِيلًا (48:23).” Practice of God that has been maintained since ever before and no change is made to His everlasting practice” (true translation according to the Arabic text of the above verse 48:23)

If we believe in the Quran in which it is clearly mentioned that Allah’s tradition or Allah’s practice or Allah’s laws, which He has made ever before, are never changed.

Furthermore, the Quran also states that this is the same “صلاۃ” (Salaah) that was given to the Prophet Ibrahim (pbuh) known as the founder of Islam and to all earlier prophets (pbut). Therefore, if “صلاۃ” (Salaah) was a contact prayer (Namaz) given to Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) being the same as it was given to all precedent prophets then all the nation of the earlier prophets would be practicing it today, specially the people of the Books.

However, no contact prayer (Namaz) is ever seen among the people of the Books but was found in the pre-Islam polytheist pagan culture and at present it is practiced in the Zoroastrian religion, the only difference being that the Arab pagans used to offer their 5 times contact prayer facing towards the deity of Moon god whereas the Zoroastrians face their Sun deity. However, the rituals and timings remain the same in both.

In addition to unavoidable evidence of Middle East archeology discovered by world famous educational institutions and displayed in the world history museums including the British Museum the following authentic books also confirm the same as mentioned above in relation to the rituals of pre-Islam polytheist pagans:
Here is one interesting point;

Quote:
Had they inserted صلاۃ (Salaah) to mean ‘contact prayer’ (namaz) in the following verses their translations would have looked like the example below:

إِنَّ اللَّهَ وَمَلَائِكَتَهُ يُصَلُّونَ عَلَى النَّبِيِّ يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا صَلُّوا عَلَيْهِ وَسَلِّمُوا تَسْلِيمًا (33:56)

“Allah and His angels offer contact prayer (namaz) to the Prophet, those who believed offer contact prayer (namaz) on him (the Prophet) and offer their salutation to him (the Prophet).

هُوَ الَّذِي يُصَلِّي عَلَيْكُمْ وَمَلَائِكَتُهُ (33:43).

‘He (God) is who offers contact prayer (namaz) towards/on you and His angels too.’

As you can see, if صلاۃ (Salaah) here was taken to mean contact prayer (namaz) it would sound illogical and would go against the beliefs that almighty Allah does not bow or prostrate to anyone for prayer.

Suggest you read this article in full and offer your comments.

Last edited by Continuum; 04-05-2017 at 09:29 PM..

Old 04-05-2017, 09:39 PM

Here is another interesting comment from the same article;

Quote:
After explaining the Quranic word صلاۃ (Salaah), presenting the correct translations of the selected verses of the Quran and explaining correct grammatical rules to translate the Quran I would like to address, in the light of the Quran, a very common problem which is the usual excuse for non-Arabs who don’t want to understand the Quran. This problem is that these people think Arabs are not ignorant to the language of the Quran because they have always had learned scholars and since Arabic is their own language they do everything right and follow the Quran correctly. According to these people Arabs understand the Quran better than anyone else. However, the reality is that Arabs don’t follow the Quran at all and their current religion or faith is solely based on traditions and fiqah.

Allah Himself addresses these questions in the verse 9:97 of Surah “Tauba”. Although the traditional translations of this verse have been slightly modified to satisfy the Arabs, however it still serves the purpose of explaining the issue raised above.

“الأَعْرَابُ أَشَدُّ كُفْرًا وَنِفَاقًا وَأَجْدَرُ أَلاَّ يَعْلَمُواْ حُدُودَ مَا أَنزَلَ اللّهُ عَلَى رَسُولِهِ وَاللّهُ عَلِيمٌ حَكِيمٌ” (9:97)

‘The Arabs of the desert are the worst in Unbelief and hypocrisy, and most fitted to be in ignorance of the command which Allah hath sent down to His Messenger: But Allah is All-knowing, All-Wise.’ (Translation by Yusuf Ali)

The above translation is not even a proper translation but it still answers the question of those who reject the clear message of the Quran by following the pagan Arabs.

Yusuf Ali added the words “of the desert” after the word “The Arabs” whilst most scholars have deleted the word “the Arabs” from their translations out of blind faith in Arabs or to simply escape from their anger. Some scholars have even replaced the Quranic word “the Arabs” with the “villagers” or “Badduins”. However, the Quran is very clear in its statement and uses the plural definite noun “الأَعْرَابُ” to mean “The Arabs” which cannot be replaced by any other word in the translation.

In conclusion, we should understand the Quranic word صلاۃ (Salaah) and its derivatives in their true meaning and spirit instead of blindly taking them to mean contact prayer (namaz) which clearly do not fit into all verses of the Quran.
These points are relevant as counterviews to the OP's;

Quote:
Originally Posted by OP

Old 04-06-2017, 12:56 AM

Quote:
Suggest you read the strongly supported arguments presented by the author, then form an opinion on them.
And then what will happen?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam