Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2008, 07:23 AM

1,216 posts, read 2,264,105 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sana99 View Post
I read some things which suggest that Muslims should be considering truly faithful and sincere Christians and Jews who are not attacking them who are seeking a better understanding of God to be people who they should be wanting treatment for them as though they were themselves, though of course, not subjecting themselves to their beliefs, rather the reverse.
i will try to answeing as long as i inderstanding your point
from chapter al_momtahena
8 - God forbids you not, with regard to those who fight you not for (your) Faith nor drive you out of your homes, from dealing kindly and justly with them: for God loveth those who are just.

9 - God only forbids you, with regard to those who fight you for (your) Faith, and drive you out of your homes, and support (others) in driving you out, from turning to them (for friendship and protection). It is such as turn to them (in these circumstances), that do wrong.

are you refer to these verses ?
Muslims should be considering the peacefulls of any relegion who are not attacking them to be people who they should be wanting treatment for them as though they were themselves

Quote:
Yet, in practicality, I see very educated Muslim scholars seeming to say that they see it as more godly to defend a rapist,premarital sex engaging, man who beats his animals and wife unfairly, man who happens to be Arab and from a Muslim country (and of course ascribes himself Muslim, but acts in accordance with the Quran as much as a man walking into a garage resembles a car) liar and hypocrite, and for his behalf to attack and even to kill a sincere Christian or Jew who is pursuing understanding of God (and may not yet be finished).
for me i disgree with this openions to be an islamic , who are the clerics ? are they authorized muslims ? may be you misunderstood thier words , i don't know

Quote:
In addition I see promoted in many places an outright hatred of all Jews and Christians with norespect for their sincerety or anything,even though it seems that the Prophet in the Quran does not promote this at all.
you must to be specific , which country you meant , is muslims of the world supported it , we didn't say that all muslims are angeles

Quote:
Am I misunderstanding the Quran inthis area? Or misunderstanding the Muslim cleric's words? Or misreading what appears to be being said in the media about the attitudes of Muslim communities in the world?
as i see unill now , you understand the quran in this area very well and may be you misreading what appears to be being said in the media about the attitudes of Muslim communities in the world

[
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2008, 07:47 AM

6,993 posts, read 17,365,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monaliza View Post
Some people ask about the significant of ramadan , so you have to talk about it .. it is very important .
A few christian people know it of course , but they are so cultivated .
Great Q&A on Ramadan link

Old 09-26-2008, 10:25 PM

8 posts, read 16,388 times
I didn't mean people that were just talking. I meant more like if someone's full brother was running around seducing married women and raping young children or something with a major penalty,( not someone talking or disagreeing with a belief system like his aunt did.) Like what I read suggested that even though someone was related they should,( perhaps after having tried to stop them by words through themselves or a leader) go ahead and defend the innocent, rather than just putting up with their behavior and allowing it to happen because they are their friend and brother.

As far as the other one goes, next time I go on a reading binge about God I'll remember to collect the names and specifics of the different clerics or situations so if I can be more specific, this time I spent my whole day off school and work wandering the web, and I don't have another day off for a long time, so I can't track them down quickly or I would go ahead and post them now (I read one site (like islamonline.net, sacred-texts.com/isl/index.htm) or this blog, and then click link after link after link until I don't remember where I have gone, so its difficult to trace back)
Anyway, thank you for doing your best to answer my question despite my overworded roundabout way of speaking, it was quite a kindness. thnx

Old 10-15-2008, 08:45 PM

373 posts, read 256,911 times
Default Jesus

Why do muslims not believe that Jesus is the only begotten Son of God?

Old 10-16-2008, 06:19 AM

1,216 posts, read 2,264,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by favoured View Post
Why do muslims not believe that Jesus is the only begotten Son of God?
are you wanna honest answer !!!
because our prophet and quran told us that

the question is why christians themselfs believes that jesus is the only begootten son , although there are many begotten sons for God mentioned in the bible !!!!

Old 10-16-2008, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elwill View Post
are you wanna honest answer !!!
because our prophet and quran told us that

the question is why christians themselfs believes that jesus is the only begootten son , although there are many begotten sons for God mentioned in the bible !!!!
This is 100% correct. Prophet Jesus was not the only Prophet in the Bible who was said to be the "son of God". And as elwill has said, the Quran tell us that God is not begotten nor does he beget (he wasn't born nor does he give birth). God creates, not give birth to anyone. This is the actions of beings on this physical realm. God is above (in magnitude) this.

Old 10-16-2008, 07:07 AM

500 posts, read 702,959 times
Sorry if this was already asked, but here it goes:

We have learned that after killing many innocents including fellow Muslims, a male suicide bomber will receive 72 virgins women for his act.

What about a female suicide bomber. After killing many innocents, including herself and her fellow Muslims, does she receive 72 virgin men?

Old 10-16-2008, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian Arab View Post
Sorry if this was already asked, but here it goes:

We have learned
that after killing many innocents including fellow Muslims, a male suicide bomber will receive 72 virgins women for his act.

What about a female suicide bomber. After killing many innocents, including herself and her fellow Muslims, does she receive 72 virgin men?
Who is "we" and where did you "learn" this from? Can you show me where in the Quran you got this from?

Old 10-16-2008, 08:00 AM

500 posts, read 702,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Style View Post
Who is "we" and where did you "learn" this from? Can you show me where in the Quran you got this from?
We = me, and people living in the West.
We learned it from people who justify this type of acts.

Still waiting for the answer.

Old 10-16-2008, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian Arab View Post
We = me, and people living in the West.
We learned it from people who justify this type of acts.

Still waiting for the answer.
There is no answer. 1. it isnt in the Quran. 2. I have no idea why the "people who justify this type of acts" say what they say.

That is like me asking you why do Christians in Ireland think its justified or ok to go round blowing each other up. How the heck would you know, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam