Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2008, 02:52 PM

4 posts, read 14,606 times

Advertisements

it's obvious that Islam is the most growing religion in the world right now,and its looks like cuz alot of ppl are starting to search and read about Islam ,not like before just judging it by what they see in the news and media
some ppl just have to read about Islam before talking or judging it ,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2008, 12:33 PM

217 posts, read 692,809 times
insha allah, the ummah will come soon....islam is a most beautiful religion

Old 06-09-2008, 12:46 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,645,956 times
Personally, I have read both the Bible and the Koran and I don't see to very many difference between the 2. The core message of both is peace and love. They differ on their saviors but even Islam acknowledges Jesus as a holy man. In the right hearts and minds both these religions are wonderful. As are virtually all religions when the core values are the same as above. They all believe in God, they just give him different names. And I have a really hard time believing that if you don't worship this certain way, you will be punished for eternity. God is everywhere, and everything. He is present in a Muslim mosque, a Christian church, and an agnostic's whatever. We are all equal in his eyes and as long as we treat one another with love and dignity I believe he will be pleased. After all, we are only human. But, then again, he knows that too, doesn't he!

Old 06-10-2008, 01:02 PM

4 posts, read 14,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
They differ on their saviors but even Islam acknowledges Jesus as a holy man.
yeah ,of course the Islam acknowledges jesus but not like what christians people dose ,they say that jesus is the son of God ,which the koran says hes apsalotly not ,and its one of the many difference between the 2.

Old 06-11-2008, 09:21 AM

Location: In the North Idaho woods, still surrounded by terriers
2,179 posts, read 7,018,586 times
Islam is a religion of kindness and caring...it's the radicals who use it for their own purposes that make it frightening to many people and do the harm on this planet. Radical Christians are just as bad.

Old 06-11-2008, 11:00 AM

8,185 posts, read 12,637,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by esselcue View Post
Islam is a religion of kindness and caring...it's the radicals who use it for their own purposes that make it frightening to many people and do the harm on this planet. Radical Christians are just as bad.
Of course radical christians are just as bad....and thankfully a radical christian theocracy doesn't exist in our modern world. I wish I could say the same for a radical Islamic run country. I would imagine if the people of Iran were able to participate in a free election things would be very different there.

Old 06-11-2008, 11:27 AM

11 posts, read 28,493 times
But my question is whether Islam as of the third and fourth pillar believe that all love relations are equal, or whether all are just plain equal in love. Knowing neither really happens in Christianity may be some how a falacy. Is it so much the governments business what people do in their own homes when it becomes of the heart?

Hard to accept.

Old 06-11-2008, 11:47 AM

I agree, Camping;

Left to their own choice of government, their lives would be far more peaceful, I'm sure. I have several friends who practice Islam and they cringe at the horrors the Radicals do in the name of their religion. Then again...in our Modern World we have the Jim Jonses, the Warren Jeffs', the radical Christians who kill abortion doctors...all of them who have taken Christian teachings and tweeked them to suit whatever their fantasy or belief may be. Christians used to burn women at the stake for being witches. Thankfully that practice, like the Inquisition, has gone away...but the concept is the same.

I was at a John Denver concert once many years ago and he was talking about something that was going on at the time involving religious leaders fighting over some sort of dogma that had folks fighting and killing, I don't recall exactly what it was all about, but he looked up at the audience and said "Don't you see, folks? We're all talking about the same thing!" His meaning was that no matter what God you worship or what your spiritual beliefs may be, we all simply have to learn to love and forgive and Do Unto Others...that's really what its all about.

Old 06-11-2008, 11:57 AM

8,185 posts, read 12,637,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by esselcue View Post
I agree, Camping;

Left to their own choice of government, their lives would be far more peaceful, I'm sure. I have several friends who practice Islam and they cringe at the horrors the Radicals do in the name of their religion. Then again...in our Modern World we have the Jim Jonses, the Warren Jeffs', the radical Christians who kill abortion doctors...all of them who have taken Christian teachings and tweeked them to suit whatever their fantasy or belief may be. Christians used to burn women at the stake for being witches. Thankfully that practice, like the Inquisition, has gone away...but the concept is the same.

I was at a John Denver concert once many years ago and he was talking about something that was going on at the time involving religious leaders fighting over some sort of dogma that had folks fighting and killing, I don't recall exactly what it was all about, but he looked up at the audience and said "Don't you see, folks? We're all talking about the same thing!" His meaning was that no matter what God you worship or what your spiritual beliefs may be, we all simply have to learn to love and forgive and Do Unto Others...that's really what its all about.
I will have to take exception to equating Jim Jones to the current Islamic regime in Iraq. Jim Jones was not the leader of a country. He did not impose his will on a population. Quite unlike Iraq. You do the victims of radical Islam (and here I am talking about muslim men and women who are put to death for being gay or not chaste enough for examples.) a diservice.
I believe it behooves all of us to be ever watchful of our political climate to make sure that we do not find ourselves in the midst of a theocracy.

Old 06-12-2008, 10:17 AM

I guess I did not write clearly...I didn't equate Jim Jones with Islam. Far from it!!! ...I said he was a Radical "Christian" who tweeked Christian dogma and beliefs into his bizarre mindset. He certainly DID control a very large group of people and he pronounced himself to be God.

The Muslims I know personally are very peaceful and kind people, but they abhore the minority radicals of Islam who have wreaked such havoc on the world. Radical behavior in ANY situation is always harmful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam