Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2008, 10:33 AM

8,185 posts, read 12,634,639 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by esselcue View Post
I guess I did not write clearly...I didn't equate Jim Jones with Islam. Far from it!!! ...I said he was a Radical "Christian" who tweeked Christian dogma and beliefs into his bizarre mindset. He certainly DID control a very large group of people and he pronounced himself to be God.

The Muslims I know personally are very peaceful and kind people, but they abhore the minority radicals of Islam who have wreaked such havoc on the world. Radical behavior in ANY situation is always harmful.
Yes, very much agreed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2008, 02:51 AM

571 posts, read 852,993 times
Please say that includes christains.

This is like trying to get a hardcore republican at my school to admit they ****ed up

Old 06-17-2008, 01:33 PM

38 posts, read 151,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by esselcue View Post
Islam is a religion of kindness and caring...it's the radicals who use it for their own purposes that make it frightening to many people and do the harm on this planet. Radical Christians are just as bad.

True but I have never heard of a bunch of Christians run a plane into a building killing thousands of people chanting Jesus, Jesus, and all because there Islam religion being ...kind, caring, hate AMERICANS AND EVERYTHING WE STAND FOR!. Oh yea and it wasn't just the RADICALS that did that, how soon do we forget all the Islam people dancing and cheering in the streets as soon as 9-11 news is plasted all over the world.
They are just as guilty as the idiots that flew the plane, They are horrible and demonic people, and they use Islam religon as a cop-out...oh I'm Islam, I'm good!....Wrong!

Old 06-17-2008, 01:41 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,644,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by story View Post
yeah ,of course the Islam acknowledges jesus but not like what christians people dose ,they say that jesus is the son of God ,which the koran says hes apsalotly not ,and its one of the many difference between the 2.
So exactly what is your point. I never said the two books were exactly the same, just that they didn't differ as much as people generally think. The Jewish religion also does not believe Jesus Christ was the son of God or their savior. And that is just one of the many differences between Christianity and Judaism.

Old 06-17-2008, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grits&sweettea View Post
True but I have never heard of a bunch of Christians run a plane into a building killing thousands of people chanting Jesus, Jesus, and all because there Islam religion being ...kind, caring, hate AMERICANS AND EVERYTHING WE STAND FOR!. Oh yea and it wasn't just the RADICALS that did that, how soon do we forget all the Islam people dancing and cheering in the streets as soon as 9-11 news is plasted all over the world.
They are just as guilty as the idiots that flew the plane, They are horrible and demonic people, and they use Islam religon as a cop-out...oh I'm Islam, I'm good!....Wrong!
Well, maybe not crashing planes into buildings, but there have been plenty of terrible acts committed by Christians. For instance, Hitler was a member of the Christian church. And I am sure plenty of you would like to deny that but it is true. I use this example not to upset you but to show that the same thing can happen to you. You are good, loving people for the most part. But if Hitler was constantly shown as an example of your religion you too would experience the same kind of animosity from others as you bring down upon Islam. You can't judge an entire faith based on the example of the few. And you certainly can't trust the TV footage you see on the nightly news. Just because they say this is what and where this is happening certainly doesn't mean it is the truth. So just think about that a little before you call a people demonic or cruel. They are people just like you for the most part, enduring some of the strangest and deadliest times they have ever had to endure. Try to put yourself in their shoes for a moment. I bet you will want to take them off pretty quick!

Old 06-17-2008, 02:38 PM

38 posts, read 151,150 times
Just because he was a member of a Christian church doesn't say he was a true Christian, I don't follow politics or alot of news stuff I'm kinda a simple country girl and a circle is a circle and a square is a square, and thats the way it is, If you say you are a Christian you don't pull a Hitlar so in my book he is not a Christian, same with the other "KIND, AND CARING" religions if you hurt people and happy when other people hurt other people or do bad things, well then you are just a bad person and the "KIND AND CAREING" things your religon stands for well, hon, you just an't it!

Old 06-17-2008, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Just because he was a member of a Christian church doesn't say he was a true Christian, I don't follow politics or alot of news stuff I'm kinda a simple country girl and a circle is a circle and a square is a square, and thats the way it is, If you say you are a Christian you don't pull a Hitlar so in my book he is not a Christian, same with the other "KIND, AND CARING" religions if you hurt people and happy when other people hurt other people or do bad things, well then you are just a bad person and the "KIND AND CAREING" things your religon stands for well, hon, you just an't it!
That was the point. You can't pigeon-hole the entire Islamic religion because of a few extremists and what you see on TV. I am sure they feel the same way about those extremists as you do about Hitler. They do not consider them real faithful Muslims just as you don't consider Hitler to be a Christian. So stop laying judgment on many for the sins of the few. The door swings both ways grits&sweettea.

Old 06-18-2008, 11:07 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,189,163 times
From what I see the fastest growing religion is materialism; worship of money.

Old 06-18-2008, 11:17 AM

4,469 posts, read 7,191,970 times
Quote:
Of course, the "dancing Arabs" footage was stock and actually predated 9/11...but it made a good end to the story.

Old 06-18-2008, 12:20 PM

16,431 posts, read 22,189,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aconite View Post
Of course, the "dancing Arabs" footage was stock and actually predated 9/11...but it made a good end to the story.
Are you sure about this? How can I verify that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam