Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2010, 08:57 PM

622 posts, read 1,665,844 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robyn55 View Post
Mitchell's is at the end of the Town Center - across from the Capital Grille. Robyn
I found it. We ate at Capital Grille the other night and I saw it from Butler.. Thanks Robyn!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2010, 03:56 PM

5,185 posts, read 7,569,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AliciaMaria View Post
I found it. We ate at Capital Grille the other night and I saw it from Butler.. Thanks Robyn!!
Is this Mitchells place, the best place to eat at SJTC?

Old 11-09-2010, 05:50 PM

14,617 posts, read 21,496,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayMcFly View Post
Where IS HUGO BOSS!!!!##?????
There is a Hugo Boss outlet store down in St. Augustine. Don't know of a Hugo Boss store at the Town Center. Robyn

Old 11-09-2010, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyiMetro View Post
Is this Mitchells place, the best place to eat at SJTC?
I only ate at Mitchell's once. It's a fish place - and the fish I ordered was cooked "well done" - totally dried out. Not a great way to prepare fish. In terms of higher end chains that serve fish - I think Stonewood Grill (there's one out here at the Beaches and one on Baymeadows) does a much better job.

Our favorite place at the Town Center is Maggiono's (Italian). It's good for a chain restaurant (and better than most Italian restaurants in JAX). It's also a good place for a large party - like 8+ people (you can order "family style").

Note that my husband and I aren't big beef eaters. Have never tried a place like The Capital Grille (steak place). Robyn

Old 11-12-2010, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robyn55 View Post
There is a Hugo Boss outlet store down in St. Augustine. Don't know of a Hugo Boss store at the Town Center. Robyn
Wasnt Hugo Boss created by the Nazi Party? Why would anyone want to wear that?? Bring in something Prada or Fendi instead.

Old 11-12-2010, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyiMetro View Post
Wasnt Hugo Boss created by the Nazi Party? Why would anyone want to wear that?? Bring in something Prada or Fendi instead.
Not exactly - but there is a definite Nazi connection (which I had never heard about before):

Hugo Boss Acknowledges Link to Nazi Regime - New York Times

Just curious - where did you first hear about it?

I'm not a big pan of Prada (don't like the workmanship) or Fendi (don't like the styling). Prefer Gucci and Celine. (Although I'm not aware of any major store in JAX that sells any of these brands when it comes to handbags and the like.) Last time I looked at Prada - I was trying to buy a back-pack in Tokyo. Wound up with one made and designed in Japan by a Japanese company I'd never heard of before - Artisan & Artist. Very excellent design and workmanship. At about 1/3 the price of Prada. Unfortunately - the company has very limited distribution in the US (and I think it's limited to camera cases). Robyn

Old 11-12-2010, 09:18 PM

Many German fashion houses have a Nazi connection, even Adidas & Puma lol....its cool. Robyn wears Prada!

Old 11-12-2010, 09:58 PM

2,079 posts, read 6,116,604 times
Jax will eventually get more of these designer stores, but especially in this economy if you have the money to spend on a generic Prada or Gucci handbag, why not make a trip to New York and buy a real designer handbag, something unique that you won't find in malls across the country. You can see a Broadway or an opera while there and visit a great museum. I mean if you are talking about buying 4 figure handbags in this day and age, what's an extra $1,000 for a fun little get away? A lot of these fashion houses have lost their sex appeal to me when I see certain people frequenting those stores. Ralph Lauren has been taken over by the hood rich crowd, which I am not a part of. At my point in life, brandless is just fine with me, but if I had money and time I would rather go to Bergdorf's or any number of fine Madison Ave shops for truly fine and unique clothes.

Old 11-12-2010, 11:02 PM

1,255 posts, read 3,488,989 times
Well, like it or not, but Nazi Germany is responsible for tons of innovations & technology that are in use today. Hell, Hitler built the Autobahn & that thing's a marvel.

Old 11-13-2010, 06:22 AM

3,528 posts, read 8,280,641 times
capital grille is good! but expensve!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville