Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-22-2007, 06:01 PM

81 posts, read 324,654 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moving123456 View Post
Is this maybe a Florida or southern thing. I am originally from Minneapolis area where they are quite common. The Mall of America has 2 huge ones and nothing about them has ever seemed scary to me. Most I have been in have elevators for those that can't handle stairs.
Parking garages in Florida tend to be the cheapest things known to man - bare dirty concrete with ugly sodium or mercury vapor lighting that provides minimal illumination, and ceiling heights that make you want to duck just walking through them. There's nothing more depressing than the stair tower of a typical parking garage.

Maybe if they'd spend a couple more bucks on the garages, we wouldn't feel like we were leaving our cars in the ghetto.

The success of SJTC shows that we want a place to walk, to see, and be seen, that feels like a "real" town (yes, you dodge cars in a real town), not a sterilized hermetically sealed mall, and not downtown lofts where you can't park your own car or go outside at night. That people are willing to drive, endure that mess of a parking lot, and wait an hour at the Cheesecake Factory for overpriced food really says something, I guess.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2007, 06:09 PM

30 posts, read 133,422 times
Thanks for the photos! St. Johns is the best thing to happen to Jax shopping!

Old 12-04-2007, 06:56 PM

472 posts, read 1,544,758 times
Default Wasabi Japanese Steakhouse & Sushi Bar

Wasabi Japanese Steakhouse & Sushi Bar:

Under Construction

*Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought that they would not be building until 2009?

http://img388.imageshack.us/img388/8388/restaurant015ky8.jpg (broken link)

Old 12-04-2007, 07:36 PM

859 posts, read 3,618,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gradco2004 View Post
Wasabi Japanese Steakhouse & Sushi Bar:
uh another one of these Japanese steakhouse. Is this the same one by Avenues mall? There are atleast 3 places called Wasabi [something] And is that land accross from Wendy's cleared for residential housing?

Old 12-04-2007, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelingfood View Post
uh another one of these Japanese steakhouse. Is this the same one by Avenues mall? There are atleast 3 places called Wasabi [something] And is that land accross from Wendy's cleared for residential housing?
No. This is a completely different brand.

Wasabi Japanese Steakhouse & Sushi Bar

Definately not one of those in-and-out noodle joints. Think P.F.Changs/Pom's Thai Bistro type thing as far as atmosphere. They have a great menu & resonable prices.

Old 12-05-2007, 05:48 AM

131 posts, read 621,817 times
And the one by the Avenues is gone. Bulldozed for "Avenues Walk".

Old 12-05-2007, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmileDoc View Post
And the one by the Avenues is gone. Bulldozed for "Avenues Walk".
sorry I didn't mean Mikado, but the one in the Target/CircuitCity/Michaels's plaza., which is also called Wasabi. Then there's one on Atlantic and another in downtown Margaret st, all buffet... thinking they're all related

Old 12-05-2007, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gradco2004 View Post
No. This is a completely different brand.

Definately not one of those in-and-out noodle joints. Think P.F.Changs/Pom's Thai Bistro type thing as far as atmosphere. They have a great menu & resonable prices.
personally, I would love to see a In-and-Out here, and some Asian noodle joints!

Old 12-05-2007, 08:01 AM

131 posts, read 621,817 times
Animal style hamburgers mmmmmmmm...... How far east do they even go? I know they will most likely never come here but I do love In-and-out. There is a Wasabi over by Circuit City isnt there, oops. Sorry about that, I was thinkng of Mikado.

Old 12-05-2007, 04:49 PM

The only locations that this company has is Knoxville,TN.

Coming Soon:

Jacksonville, FL
Greenville, SC

***ON A SIDE NOTE*** Have any of you seen the Crate&Barrel commercial on BRAVO during Project Runway? I can't wait anymore!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville