Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-03-2014, 01:56 PM

44,404 posts, read 20,138,945 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nlambert View Post
Ok so as not to get the thread locked everyone should probably calm down.

The fact of the matter OP, is that you've let this take too big of a hold on you. See it for what it is and move on. In no world will this work in your favor.
Yes ^ .

People, this thread will remain locked for a while, so everyone can take a deep breath and calm down. Numerous personal attacks, off-topic and orphaned posts have been deleted. Please remember that everyone is entitled to express their opinions. You may attack ideas and opinions, but not the character nor the intelligence of the person who posted them. Knock it off with the personal attacks and arguing over semantics.

After a cooling-down period, the thread will be re-opened.

OP, please let us know how things work out at the family gathering.

ETA: Thread re-opened at 3:34 p.m.

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 11-03-2014 at 02:35 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2014, 03:15 PM

2,279 posts, read 4,755,075 times
I wonder if the CEO cousin texted the 'job offer' while drinking? He may have felt remorse the next morning, and while it would ideally be best if he could own up and say "Sorry, cousin, I had a few beers last night and thought we were just kidding around" he might just be avoiding his cousin and hoping he gets the hint.

(Not that different than someone who ignores text messages from an unsuccessful first date.)

Old 11-03-2014, 03:23 PM

11,024 posts, read 7,880,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dysgenic View Post
He's not returning his own cousins calls, who is like a brother to him. What makes you think he is going to return my calls/emails?
He will, or refer you to HR, if he really had any intention to offer you a job. That's not difficult to understand. Are you really saying your pal, "who is like a brother to him" doesn't have his email address? Or is it just easier to whine here a hundred times than shoot him an email?

Old 11-03-2014, 03:42 PM

31,846 posts, read 17,683,732 times
Just did a google search for "factually offered" and came up with zip.

I'll just assume that, in your mind, it's a real phrase in the same vein it was a real job offer.

Old 11-03-2014, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post

I'll just assume that, in your mind, it's a real phrase in the same vein it was a real job offer.
I believe a employment opportunity that is "factually offered" would contain at least three essentials:

1. The company name.

2. The prospective employees name.

3. The word "employment."

It doesn't sound like this exists.

Old 11-03-2014, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dysgenic View Post
I'm not going to confront him per se. I'm going to ask to speak with him in private. If he says no, I will confront him.
Please describe what you mean by "I will confront him."
Where will you confront him?
Who else will be there?
How close will you be?
What will you say?
How loud will you say it?
What will your reaction be if you do not receive a favorable response?

Old 11-03-2014, 04:05 PM

3,092 posts, read 1,954,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wry_Martini View Post
I wonder if the CEO cousin texted the 'job offer' while drinking? He may have felt remorse the next morning, and while it would ideally be best if he could own up and say "Sorry, cousin, I had a few beers last night and thought we were just kidding around" he might just be avoiding his cousin and hoping he gets the hint.

(Not that different than someone who ignores text messages from an unsuccessful first date.)
No because he had a long conversation about this with my friend and his wife. They both told me they talked for like 2 hours. The text messages came after the conversation and verbal offer.

Old 11-03-2014, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokonutty View Post
He will, or refer you to HR, if he really had any intention to offer you a job. That's not difficult to understand. Are you really saying your pal, "who is like a brother to him" doesn't have his email address? Or is it just easier to whine here a hundred times than shoot him an email?
As I've said before, factually, he already offered me the job. Of course my friend has his email address. I've already explained why I haven't emailed him. Again, it's a lot easier to blow off an email, text, or phone call than it is to blow off a person standing right in front of you.

Old 11-03-2014, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post

Ok. Assume away.

Old 11-03-2014, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokonutty View Post
Please describe what you mean by "I will confront him."
Where will you confront him?
?
I've already done this.

Quote:
Who else will be there?
A couple other family members and my friends wife.

Quote:
How close will you be?
I don't know.

Quote:
What will you say?
I've already answered that.

Quote:
How loud will you say it?
Speaking voice seems appropriate.

Quote:
What will your reaction be if you do not receive a favorable response
I'll ask him why he told both my friend and I that we were hired. I'll also ask him how he plans to compensate us for hanging us out to dry this last week.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search