Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2013, 03:22 PM

3,550 posts, read 2,556,330 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Yesterday as I was walking down 14th Ave a group of Yingerman were walking near me and starting making insults about me since I was not wearing black.
charadi is not based upon wearing black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
Yet walk through seculat areas and there no issues between Jews and Arabs.
define no issues?
Suicide bomb kills 17 at Tel Aviv nightclub - Telegraph
http://www.nytimes.com/2005/02/26/in...east.html?_r=0

you want more examples of no issues?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2013, 04:05 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,745,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Jew View Post

(1) charadi is not based upon wearing black.

(2) define no issues?
Suicide bomb kills 17 at Tel Aviv nightclub - Telegraph
http://www.nytimes.com/2005/02/26/in...east.html?_r=0

(3)you want more examples of no issues?
(1) I was not dressed like a Hasid, even though I was wearing a black knit kippa which they probably didn't see.

(2) This is not the POC forum. Individual suicide bombings done mostly by members of Hamas (and paid for by Saddam Hussein) is not representative of the entire Arab population. Once Saddam was captured they dropped off dramatically proving they were done mainly in the name of greed and not religion.
(3)

Arabs on the left.

Arabs in the middle

Arabs shopping at MaMilla Mall on the left and on the right.

As I've stated in the POC forum, the Arab people want to live their lives in peace. Its their leaders who don't (Think about it, Abbas pays himself $12 Million per year and lives like a king. Hamas leaders live in lavish homes in Gaza. Do you really think they want to give that up?)

Old 05-20-2013, 05:27 PM

Quote:
(1) I was not dressed like a Hasid, even though I was wearing a black knit kippa which they probably didn't see.
(2) This is not the POC forum. Individual suicide bombings done mostly by members of Hamas (and paid for by Saddam Hussein) is not representative of the entire Arab population. Once Saddam was captured they dropped off dramatically proving they were done mainly in the name of greed and not religion.
1. you miss understood my point before you attack "charadiem" you first have to define them. The term means nothing and is usually defined by clothing, thus your attacking people who are irrelevant to those you are actually talking about. Based on your own statements I can attack you for many things (apikorsus, Lashon Harah, lifnai ever etc.) I can not attack you for not wearing black!

2. even if your right (don't forget the wall) I'm sure that those murdered (with full support from most arabs) appreciate the difference

Old 05-20-2013, 06:57 PM

Quote:
1. you miss understood my point before you attack "charadiem" you first have to define them. The term means nothing and is usually defined by clothing, thus your attacking people who are irrelevant to those you are actually talking about. Based on your own statements I can attack you for many things (apikorsus, Lashon Harah, lifnai ever etc.) I can not attack you for not wearing black!

2. even if your right (don't forget the wall) I'm sure that those murdered (with full support from most arabs) appreciate the difference
(1) Again this is not POC. There was no attack on any group. If you would follow anything on this sub-forum they would have known I was an ex-Hasid. Since you need personal information of why I was there, it was to visit friends I went to school with and started numerous JEP (Jewish Educational Program) chapters with. I used a descriptor for the general population of C-D to understand and thus use as little Hebrew/Yiddish as possible. Anyone even with the minimal understanding of their computer knows by typing three words "Boro Park Jews" will see what images would come up and have no misunderstandings of the group of young men mentioned.

FYI FWIW my school:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yeshiva_Torah_Vodaas

If you want to attack me, go for it as the Mods here will swiftly take care of you.

(2) I'm first generation American born, my maternal line is Sabra and my father survived the camps. He worked on and travelled Derech Burma. I go to Israel twice a year at a minimum so I know exactly how it is. I also travel in Judea & Samaria and know exactly how it is there. I stay away from the settlements as neither side is innocent. I don't need a history lesson on the life in Israel, I have family for that.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sabra_(person)
http://www.govisitisrael.com/articlenav.php?id=226

Old 05-21-2013, 11:22 PM

Quote:
(1) Again this is not POC. There was no attack on any group. If you would follow anything on this sub-forum they would have known I was an ex-Hasid. Since you need personal information of why I was there, it was to visit friends I went to school with and started numerous JEP (Jewish Educational Program) chapters with. I used a descriptor for the general population of C-D to understand and thus use as little Hebrew/Yiddish as possible. Anyone even with the minimal understanding of their computer knows by typing three words "Boro Park Jews" will see what images would come up and have no misunderstandings of the group of young men mentioned.

FYI FWIW my school:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yeshiva_Torah_Vodaas

If you want to attack me, go for it as the Mods here will swiftly take care of you.

(2) I'm first generation American born, my maternal line is Sabra and my father survived the camps. He worked on and travelled Derech Burma. I go to Israel twice a year at a minimum so I know exactly how it is. I also travel in Judea & Samaria and know exactly how it is there. I stay away from the settlements as neither side is innocent. I don't need a history lesson on the life in Israel, I have family for that.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sabra_(person)
http://www.govisitisrael.com/articlenav.php?id=226
1. since you grew up in BP and went to Torah Vedas I'm sure you know that there is no real group called charadi and that many goyiem have more influence on lets say Satmar then any person in TV.

2. I don't need a history lessen from you I've have 2 cousins who were in terrorist attacks.

Old 05-22-2013, 02:23 AM

Quote:
1. since you grew up in BP and went to Torah Vedas I'm sure you know that there is no real group called charadi and that many goyiem have more influence on lets say Satmar then any person in TV.

2. I don't need a history lessen from you I've have 2 cousins who were in terrorist attacks.
(1) Charedi/Frum is used in Israel as common as Hasid or Ultra Orthodox is in NY. Neither Israelis or NYrs are going to differentiate them by what sect they belong to. But Israelis know the difference between dietim and NYrs know the difference Orthodox are compared to these groups.

(2) And we lost a porch thanks to a scud missle from Iraq. So what? Life goes on. It still does not mean all Arabs are bad. Don't judge an entire group on the basis of a select few. Why is it that when a Palestinian does something its called a terrorist act, but when an Israeli (settler) does nearly the same thing its called a criminal act?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/hi/dates/stories/february/25/newsid_4167000/4167929.stm

Old 05-23-2013, 04:29 PM

Quote:
(1) Charedi/Frum is used in Israel as common as Hasid or Ultra Orthodox is in NY. Neither Israelis or NYrs are going to differentiate them by what sect they belong to. But Israelis know the difference between dietim and NYrs know the difference Orthodox are compared to these groups.

(2) And we lost a porch thanks to a scud missle from Iraq. So what? Life goes on. It still does not mean all Arabs are bad. Don't judge an entire group on the basis of a select few. Why is it that when a Palestinian does something its called a terrorist act, but when an Israeli (settler) does nearly the same thing its called a criminal act?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/hi/dates/stories/february/25/newsid_4167000/4167929.stm
1. the term is not used by those that belong to it.
2. Palestinians cheer suicide bombers.

Old 05-23-2013, 05:58 PM

4,729 posts, read 4,363,662 times
Quote:
Not sure what the Israeli's call themselves, but NY Jew is right that Torah Observant Jews do not call themselves "Ultra Orthodox." That's essentially a pejorative term used by American non Observant Jews - a subtle way to take a dig at those following and guarding the Torah's mitzvahs.

Old 05-23-2013, 07:15 PM

Quote:
2. Palestinians cheer suicide bombers.
(1) Internally no. They call themselves by what sect they belong to.

(2) Usually only when Hamas members are watching or there are cameras taking pictures or filming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theflipflop View Post
That's essentially a pejorative term used by American non Observant Jews - a subtle way to take a dig at those following and guarding the Torah's mitzvahs.
There is no need to make something more than it actually is. We have enough of that from the ADL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism