Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2018, 03:52 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,722,262 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteStater View Post
Absolutely, it would be an unmitigated disaster, and would lead to more decline across the board without a doubt.
Except for the doubt about the way in which you define decline.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2018, 04:35 PM

26,411 posts, read 46,591,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
Except for the doubt about the way in which you define decline.
If he tries the same failed trickle down economics policies as Brownback that were then immediately repealed, (tax cuts for very wealthy and LLC's exempt from income taxes), than it will be a failure. I have little confidence in the election, considering the populace elected Brownback for two terms, but it will be interesting to see how it plays out this mid-term election cycle. Also, Kobach is a known to lie often, making up lies about voter fraud that were completely false, and costing taxpayers plenty of money to fund his stupidity.

Old 11-01-2018, 09:23 PM

78,421 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteStater View Post
If he tries the same failed trickle down economics policies as Brownback that were then immediately repealed, (tax cuts for very wealthy and LLC's exempt from income taxes), than it will be a failure. I have little confidence in the election, considering the populace elected Brownback for two terms, but it will be interesting to see how it plays out this mid-term election cycle. Also, Kobach is a known to lie often, making up lies about voter fraud that were completely false, and costing taxpayers plenty of money to fund his stupidity.
fyi- I support anyone other than Kobach.

However, I'm sort of a "logic buff" so you have me confused. if Kobach wins you're saying the KS politicians that repealed Brownback economic policies would change their minds and go along with Brownback to reinstate them?

P.S. If a politician is breathing, they're lying. Some are smoother at it and indirectly lie or allude to something but have no intention of supporting it.....others are more bombastic and easy to spot. Sadly, you wind up in the same place either down the smooth slide or the rough one.

Old 11-02-2018, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
fyi- I support anyone other than Kobach.

However, I'm sort of a "logic buff" so you have me confused. if Kobach wins you're saying the KS politicians that repealed Brownback economic policies would change their minds and go along with Brownback to reinstate them?

P.S. If a politician is breathing, they're lying. Some are smoother at it and indirectly lie or allude to something but have no intention of supporting it.....others are more bombastic and easy to spot. Sadly, you wind up in the same place either down the smooth slide or the rough one.
No, I'm saying that Kobach will try to reverse the economic policies again to align with what Brownback did that were a complete failure. He is one of the worst types of individuals to be running for a position as governor given his background.

Old 11-06-2018, 06:01 AM

Today is critical, Kansas will decide whether they want to have Brownback Part III (Kobach) or not.

Old 11-06-2018, 07:11 AM

3,987 posts, read 2,112,922 times
Vote for Goober in the Gubernatorial election!

Old 11-06-2018, 04:53 PM

4,668 posts, read 3,900,630 times
I hope everyone remembered to vote today, I think the polls are open till 7 if I remember correctly...

I'm not enthusiastic about her, but I ended up voting for Laura Kelly, more as a vote against Kobach. I also voted for Paul Davis over Steve Watkins, I just can't grasp how he thinks he can lie straight to us about building that business when the CEO didn't even know who he was. Most of the rest of the ticket I voted Republican except I didn't vote for LaTurner either.

Old 11-06-2018, 08:26 PM

2,535 posts, read 3,101,947 times
You're making some excellent choices, Kansas voters! (It's 10:25 pm here in the Eastern Time Zone.)

With any luck, you'll be able to eradicate the last remaining fumes of Brownback-ism.

Old 11-06-2018, 09:31 PM

Glad to see that Kansas rejected the fascist candidate, Kobach. Common sense finally prevails, congratulations.

Old 11-07-2018, 07:44 AM

744 posts, read 775,848 times
Good job Kansas! Very proud of my home state this morning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kansas