Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2017, 04:22 PM

25,943 posts, read 22,094,372 times

Advertisements

I was aware of this. I am THRILLED that one is required to show a photo ID to vote, I was literally jumping up and down when I learned that. For that alone, I would give him my vote!

It is liberal crap that requiring someone to show a photo ID to vote is voter suppression. You can't cash a check, get a job or go on welfare without a photo ID, so that kind of covers nearly everyone! My adult son with Down syndrome had to get a state issued ID to prove who he is.

The problem with job growth is that KS is so picky about who they will let come in. Here, they fought hard not wanting Hobby Lobby to come in because of the wages that they pay compared to the dives that hire illegal aliens! It is this control and limiting competition that has always hurt Kansas. I remember one of the times that Fort Riley brought up expansion and that was fought, then came a big decrease in troops there.

With the aging population and the lack of jobs for such a long time, any company looking at Kansas, especially one that would e-verify, would realize that they might not be able to hire the workers that they need. Hostess almost always has a "Hiring" sign out here. They pay, I believe the highest wage in town for production workers, but they do e-verify, and a lot of people don't want to work and would rather sit around on their butts, and we can't require them to look for work. I find KS to have a few issues that stand in their way.

Corruption, taxation, illegal immigration focus of Kris Kobach Corruption-Taxation-Illegal Immigration It is no secret that I want illegal aliens OUT!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2017, 06:08 PM

4,668 posts, read 3,896,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
I only heard of him recently and only know what I've read from Google searches.

For the most part, at least, I like what I've read about his political stances. It is abundantly clear that he is the Devil Incarnate in the alternate reality tenanted by the left, and that alone shines an especially favorable light on him.
Kobach is pretty well known nationally since his high profile meetings with Trump.

Ignoring all other issues, I won’t vote for him for governor because he wants to bring back Brownbacks tax cuts. We finally got a budget surplus in Kansas and Kobach was already talking about tax rebates. While we are being sued for $600 million dollars. I don’t see that as being a conservative perspective. Of course I like low taxes, but not at the cost of a functional government. Kansas can’t even properly fund the KBI or state police, how would he implement his many ideas on fighting illegal immigration and voter fraud. As I see it, he wants to cut revenues and then go to war on illegal immigrants.

Like him or not, Kobach knows the law well and performs law well. That’s where he should be. That’s what he is good at. I’m not at all impressed with his ideas on how the state should operate.

Old 11-07-2017, 06:53 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,714,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattks View Post
Kobach is pretty well known nationally since his high profile meetings with Trump.

Ignoring all other issues, I won’t vote for him for governor because he wants to bring back Brownbacks tax cuts. We finally got a budget surplus in Kansas and Kobach was already talking about tax rebates. While we are being sued for $600 million dollars. I don’t see that as being a conservative perspective. Of course I like low taxes, but not at the cost of a functional government. Kansas can’t even properly fund the KBI or state police, how would he implement his many ideas on fighting illegal immigration and voter fraud. As I see it, he wants to cut revenues and then go to war on illegal immigrants.

Like him or not, Kobach knows the law well and performs law well. That’s where he should be. That’s what he is good at. I’m not at all impressed with his ideas on how the state should operate.
Only among the left-wing media and their inner circle.

Old 11-07-2017, 07:20 PM

26,404 posts, read 46,555,846 times
Kobach has his own personal vendetta and agenda like many politicians, but he has been proven wrong the vast majority of the time when shown facts and evidence based on his taxpayer money spent. If Kansans don't realize that the trickle down economics was a giant failure, and they go for a similar approach again with Kobach to benefit businesses that form LLCs to avoid paying income taxes yet again, there will be a massive state budget deficit with things going back to square one.

Old 11-07-2017, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Only among the left-wing media and their inner circle.
He’s been on the drudgereport quite a bit which I use daily.

I just skimmed this article and I don’t know if they are left wing, but it gives why he is well known.

SB 1070 author Kris Kobach joins Donald Trump immigration transition team

Old 11-08-2017, 08:20 AM

374 posts, read 562,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
The problem with job growth is that KS is so picky about who they will let come in. Here, they fought hard not wanting Hobby Lobby to come in because of the wages that they pay compared to the dives that hire illegal aliens! It is this control and limiting competition that has always hurt Kansas. I remember one of the times that Fort Riley brought up expansion and that was fought, then came a big decrease in troops there.

With the aging population and the lack of jobs for such a long time, any company looking at Kansas, especially one that would . . . I find KS to have a few issues that stand in their way.

ËœI want illegal aliens OUT!
Anywhere, you my nay boor? I first thought you're going on about Twinkieville:

Hobby Lobby set to open Monday

Hobby Lobby set to open Monday | News | emporiagazette.com

Then you harped about Ft. Riley's decades-old expansion plans.. HEY, I can hear 50 caliber nearly 24/7 since 2003 . . . the Ft. is likely as large as Army (retired DA civilian here) wants it to be . . . IF the Ft. had more troops, YES, we would have more service jobs

What's your position on the living wage faction here in Manhattan? I find KS to have a few issues that stand in their way

One of those issues is Quality of Life. IF you haven't noticed, it's been sliding backwards in KS. Let's take Randolph & Olsburg. The latter had a small grocery & 3 cafes when we moved here in '92. Randolph had 1. These 2 towns competed for soldier housing during the last build-up @ Ft. Riley. Randolph offered "FREE" WiFi . . . Today you have to drive to Leonardville & Jordy Nelsons Landing.

Take a look @ my thread http://www.city-data.com/forum/kansa...e-cost-us.html =>> that's an issue which removes KS from most any company's plans.

Old 11-08-2017, 11:31 AM

Quote:
He’s been on the drudgereport quite a bit which I use daily.

I just skimmed this article and I don’t know if they are left wing, but it gives why he is well known.

SB 1070 author Kris Kobach joins Donald Trump immigration transition team
No, it doesn't. Because he's not.

That article outlines some of what he has been involved with behind the scenes, under the radar. Little, if anything, he has done to this point has brought any national focus or spotlight on him directly.

Old 11-08-2017, 12:10 PM

Quote:
No, it doesn't. Because he's not.

That article outlines some of what he has been involved with behind the scenes, under the radar. Little, if anything, he has done to this point has brought any national focus or spotlight on him directly.
I respect a lot of what you say on here, but he’s well known and I don’t understand why you are arguing so hard against that.
He’s been all over national news for the last decade. NYT, Drudge, Washpost, Huffpost, TheHill, Slate, Newsweek, NPR, CNN, USAToday, Breitbart, Fox, etc etc.

That immigration law he created in Arizona was huge national news for an entire year and he was in the spotlight creating it and pushing it, he wasn’t working behind the scenes under the radar. He then got put on Trumps immigration policy staff with high level meetings and photo ops with the president. I just don’t understand why you are arguing he isn’t well known. Immigration and law and order have been the biggest issues for the last decade and Kobach is one of the biggest names behind those issues. Just because you somehow haven’t heard of him doesn’t mean he isn’t well known and he is easily the most well known of all the candidates running for governor.

Old 11-08-2017, 01:21 PM

374 posts, read 562,416 times
Default And just where is Kobach an unknown?

Here's just a Google-worth on Arpaio & Kobach, going back 7 years now. Meantime, illegal alien voters elected Brownback in 2010 & 2014! Hey, according to Kobach; any Kansan is free to make up unsubstantiated claims regarding voting results!

Apr 22, 2010 - IRLI lawyer Kris Kobach makes about $300 per hour to train Sheriff Joe Arpaio's officers in immigration matters.

https://thinkprogress.org/the-group-...-e2fa664d6c99/

Joe Arpaio Partners with Nativist Extremist Kris Kobach, Arizona ADL Blasts Both

Joe Arpaio Partners with Nativist Extremist Kris Kobach, Arizona ADL Blasts Both | Phoenix New Times

The Man Behind Trump's Voter-Fraud Obsession - The New York Times

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/13/m...obsession.html

Old 11-08-2017, 04:46 PM

Quote:
I respect a lot of what you say on here, but he’s well known and I don’t understand why you are arguing so hard against that.
He’s been all over national news for the last decade. NYT, Drudge, Washpost, Huffpost, TheHill, Slate, Newsweek, NPR, CNN, USAToday, Breitbart, Fox, etc etc.

That immigration law he created in Arizona was huge national news for an entire year and he was in the spotlight creating it and pushing it, he wasn’t working behind the scenes under the radar. He then got put on Trumps immigration policy staff with high level meetings and photo ops with the president. I just don’t understand why you are arguing he isn’t well known. Immigration and law and order have been the biggest issues for the last decade and Kobach is one of the biggest names behind those issues. Just because you somehow haven’t heard of him doesn’t mean he isn’t well known and he is easily the most well known of all the candidates running for governor.
None of the candidates running for Kansas Governor are well known nationally. None.

As a Kansas resident, your perspective on this is skewed. That is to say....it is local, not national. He's well known in Kansas, I'll take your word for that. But I could ask 1000 people in this area while I live and work and I'd be very surprised if 2 of them had ever heard of Kobach. Actually, I'm all but certain that I'd have to go through another thousand to find one.

With that, I'm done. Believe what you'd like.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kansas