Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2008, 01:58 PM

20 posts, read 64,848 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by haley06 View Post
Wow, this is the hardest paragraph I have read in my life. Some periods and no run-on sentences would have helped.
maybe because you live in loserville it's hard
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2008, 02:14 PM

6,749 posts, read 22,084,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by martylonleela View Post
See you still don't get it you meant spelling, not check my grammar you don't even know the difference WOW!!!! just what i said in the beginning clueless and that is because i was trying to get this thread in so fast. sorry honey my dialect is so vicious when i speak loservillians get so mad !!!! and my intellect is fierce but you enjoy yourself here you don't know any better .
No hun, I didn't just mean your spelling, I meant spelling, grammar, AND punctuation. Have a wonderful day!

Old 08-01-2008, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by missymomof3 View Post
No hun, I didn't just mean your spelling, I meant spelling, grammar, AND punctuation. Have a wonderful day!
you too darling, but i do know that if we were both interviewing for a position on the phone or in person and it required the ability to speak with proper english guess what??? keep looking dear better luck next time . Best regards ,former temporary resident of loserville,kenyucky caio(big smile)

Old 08-01-2008, 03:35 PM

52 posts, read 133,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by martylonleela View Post
you too darling, but i do know that if we were both interviewing for a position on the phone or in person and it required the ability to speak with proper english guess what??? keep looking dear better luck next time . Best regards ,former temporary resident of loserville,kenyucky caio(big smile)
Lets all bow to marty's "vicious dialect" , "fierce intellect", and superior opinions. She obviously has us backward Kentuckians outclassed as our opinions are not allowed ........ only hers. She obviously is wordly knowledgeable too in that she speaks a foriegn language.
FYI, marty: during the 4 years that I lived in Italy, they always spelled it ciao.

Old 08-01-2008, 04:35 PM

5,476 posts, read 12,247,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Lawson View Post
Lets all bow to marty's "vicious dialect" , "fierce intellect", and superior opinions. She obviously has us backward Kentuckians outclassed as our opinions are not allowed ........ only hers. She obviously is wordly knowledgeable too in that she speaks a foriegn language.
FYI, marty: during the 4 years that I lived in Italy, they always spelled it ciao.
Oh honey, marty can't get English right. What makes you think Italian would be any better?

Old 08-01-2008, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Lawson View Post
Wow Italy and you came back to kenyucky !!! thank you for the accolades to my dialect and intellect, everything i have said and done has proved my point x 100 ,but i must say those are MY opinions about this subject and not to be intended for anyone to take offense but that is clearly what i mean as soon as someone expresses thay're feeling about they're experiences it is a problem. I am born and raised in Compton Ca. and that's all i hear from anyone when i says that and all i have to say is that is T.V. but you all live by the television and nothing else to connect you with the rest of the world . I am a single teen parent with a HS diploma and a college graduate I am a dental hygienist and i sell insurance to my people and educate them on it instead of robbing them , I do p/t dental insurane billing from my home I have a portfolio, have traveled withing the u.s. miami ,NC,AR,Saint Louis and loved (all by the age of 23) Milan, Bahamas,Aruba,Atlantis,Cancun,and this satte by far has been the worse experience i have ever had blatant ignaorant disrespect of people who you do not understand .I was in an auto zone on Hikes lane and a black and a white gentleman were screaming tot he top of they're lungs back and forth about all the foreigners and mexicans that are moving here and saying it like it was okay that is soooo! politically incorrect that is ridiculous first of all there are many cultures of latin descent that do not appreciate being called a "mexican" but they do not know that because they don't have any diversity here at all .i met a young professor who is a native of here but moved to Miami and came back to louisville for a higher position at the college and he says( Louisville lacks diversity and not open to it ) and that is why he does not like it here since he saw another side of the world Louisville is stuck in a time capsule as far as I am concered ,everyone is scared of the police in a routine traffic stop , they are rude and prejudice to ME!!(my opinion) .You go somewhere and the people hear that i do not heve an accent and they are nice when they're asking am i from indianapolis or Ohio and as soon as i say LA it's a problem!! the attitude changes, when i was moving here and people in LA were like Kentucky Why?? I defended this state saysing that you wer on the move southern people are really nice etc... but it was proved to me to be very wrong .I am a very beautifaul asian/blk female I am judged here because I am from LA I am a gold digger do you know what i make here ? money that alot of louisvillieans wish for i drive a range rover and i am a golddigger (yeah right) as far as wht i have seen being able to take a restraining order out on anyone y ou want , bow down to the police, don't say anything to the person in frontof you in line who is basically being disrespectful , because you will get in trouble they will take and epo out on you ,school systems being able to interragate your children without you being present or a call and it is legal (come on now ) look it up with the board of education. I feel this state is many years behind the times , but drinking at a catholic church (seriously why) all things designed to hurt my people . LA is the land of oppurtunity,choices,alternatives,ways out ,understanding etc... the police are corrupt there as of anywhere but we have options ,recourses to take of that people can just be picked up because someone else said so (that's not right ) and you can say and do whatever you want but it is the truth and you know it but maybe not you have not live in a metropolitan setting if you think louisville is the city you are sadly mistaken i feel for you

Old 08-01-2008, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobolt View Post
Oh honey, marty can't get English right. What makes you think Italian would be any better?
but can you say here without says heeeer!!! ya'll hee haw

Old 08-01-2008, 05:40 PM

237 posts, read 849,312 times
Please continue to impress me martylonleela. Any more pearls of wisdom to impart upon the lowly?

Dig~

Old 08-01-2008, 06:14 PM

3,791 posts, read 8,900,987 times
I went to this "last page" first to find out if I wanted to read the entire thread. My suspicions were correct. No need to start at the first post.

Old 08-01-2008, 06:37 PM

52 posts, read 133,076 times
Default time to go back to topic

Yes, Kentuckydad95, it has gone way off topic and we need to get back there. I'd like you to scan thru the posts though to understand how it happened.

Let's all ease up on martylonleela.
I originally joined in this conversation to defend a friend. I then found marty's spiteful, misguided diatribe to be somewhat amusing. Her attack on the grammar and language of Kentuckians was especially funny in that she has little, if any, command of the English language. I am no longer laughing.
At this point I only feel sorrow for a spiteful, dare I say "hateful", person who has their hair over their eyes and hat pulled over their ears. Was it Sam Clemens who said, "there are none so blind as those who cannot hear."?
I make mistakes in my posts and even a lot of typo's too. At least I can admit that and be understood without crying "my people...." or attacking anyone that has a different opinion. This unfortunate person cannot see that all anyone has has done to her in the beginning was disagree.

Marty, I'll send you a PM today or early tomorrow to explain why we are all laughing at you. Then you can focus your hate on me and let this thread get back on track.

Dave
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky