Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2008, 04:36 AM

200 posts, read 807,007 times

Advertisements

lets take up a collection to get jcm1986 out of our state if ya arent happy here., theres the door buddy :P as for the better part of us we love it here!. in fact I may mention I myself am a transplant and was welcomed with open arms in eastern kentucky. and as for the idiot talking about how depressed and poor eastern kentucky is.... I was just in your hometown of chicago...some of those neighborhoods arent lookin to good neighbor
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2008, 02:50 AM

38 posts, read 175,999 times
Default Found some info..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curosi-dee View Post
I appreciate the many and varied comments about KY.

I have lived in about 6 US states, some big cities and a couple of small towns. I too miss TJs, and IKEA, etc. I have lived on the west coast to the east coast and in between.

In NKY, such as Newport, Covington, etc. is the mindset "locals only" as in...is it clickish to work or live there?

Is the economy in a recession there (anyone notice major job losses or layoffs? Any small or big companies moving in the area, even if it is a snails pace? Some places are harder hit than others.) Sad!

Anyone on this forum self-employed in KY? Is KY a friendly business state? Your thoughts and opinions would be appreciated, even if it is reality.

I am not a fan of country music nor of Walmart! Any Target stores in the area? I am not a big fan of big box stores but prefer that one over the others. It is just my preference.

My family and I are big on hiking and enjoying the outdoors and living near a smaller city, so is NKY a bad idea to relocate there?

Thank you!
I found some info on other boards that were older. I do extensive research of a place before moving but getting a local's viewpoint often helps in that search. That is why these boards are so helpful.

Have a good day!

Old 07-24-2008, 05:13 AM

11,087 posts, read 17,545,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcm1986 View Post

You couldn't pay me enough to live in the rest of the state, especially east Kentucky. I'm saving up adamantly and quickly to leave this state once and for all!
For someone who wants to leave this state soooooo bad, you sure seem to know a lot about all sections! You won't have to pay me to live in this state. I live here with pleasure! No matter what state you're in, you're going to have the bad and the good in people, living conditions, economy, etc. No place is perfect. But I was born and raised here in Kentucky and have lived here all my life (so far!), and I'm proud of it! I may have said most of this already but jcm's comment just rubbed me the wrong way.

Old 07-24-2008, 03:26 PM

38 posts, read 175,999 times
Default People whine...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kygman View Post
For someone who wants to leave this state soooooo bad, you sure seem to know a lot about all sections! You won't have to pay me to live in this state. I live here with pleasure! No matter what state you're in, you're going to have the bad and the good in people, living conditions, economy, etc. No place is perfect. But I was born and raised here in Kentucky and have lived here all my life (so far!), and I'm proud of it! I may have said most of this already but jcm's comment just rubbed me the wrong way.
I grew up in the deep south, I mean deep south (not KY) and I hated it!! I left when I was 18! I have lived in a number of states that I liked (except Oregon...too liberal and rainy-dreary for me!)

KYGMAN....well said! Some people whine just because they are unhappy with themselves (or employment/not making a living in an area)....just my observations...my opinions.

My family and I are looking at moving because we live in too small a town and it is clickish and it is who you know that gets you connections. We just cannot make a living where we presently live (we do not live in KY). We are looking into NKY area for a possible relocation.

No one responded to my queries and I feel left out! Anyone??

Old 07-24-2008, 08:41 PM

11,087 posts, read 17,545,902 times
Curosi, I know I'm not in the NKY area but I can tell you about one business in western Kentucky. Benson International set up their corporate headquarters in Cadiz a few years ago. Benson builds semi truck trailers. If they don't find a buyer by the end of July they are shutting down. With the price of fuel, not as many trucks are being ordered. Plus the price of material has skyrocketed which makes it a double whammy! I believe they had around 100 employees.

Old 09-11-2008, 07:18 AM

1 posts, read 3,631 times
to the man that hates us kentucians if you dont like the rolling green grass and the beautiful horses and if you can't stand our wildcats or cardinals go and get you an papst blue ribbon and enjoy another losing season with the bulls and the bears and white sox!!!! i live in a doublewide own my own land and have a few of my own horses. i own a few of the guns you so hate."our second ammendment" I also dont have to worry about my boys joining a gang because they are to busy being cowboys we are proud of our heritage and wouldn't live anywhere else in the world You have a nice day!!!!

Old 10-08-2009, 08:11 AM

1 posts, read 3,151 times
My partner works for Crate and Barrel and CB2 East Coast Offices in Washington, DC. Nashville is slated for their mid south opening. Nashville's Green Hills Shopping mall and centers are being rebuilt with urban architecture, hidden parking garages. They are making room for Nordstrom’s to begin construction on their Nashville store in 2/2010. There are 6 stores being built now in larger or exotic cities, Dubai, Tampa, Austin. Crate and Barrel has begun a new store type called CB2- it is cheaper and more youth oriented.

I believe they look for Louisville to be open 4 years after the Nashville store, if it is a success. They are looking at land next to Tiffany’s

Dwayne
Falls Church, VA

[SIZE=3]NewWhitmanArt@gmail.com [/SIZE]

Old 11-16-2009, 12:42 AM

2 posts, read 6,076 times
Default No global warming in N.H. how about in KY.?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandraDee View Post
I would have to agree with everyone, the forested/Cave Run area is nice, and I am fond of it because I am a Geologist. I currently live in the Northern Kentucky area.
My wife and I currently live in New Hampshire and we are tiring of the cold winters, no global warming here, and we both thought what about Kentucky!. Well i currently live in the white mountains 2 hours for a city, mountains to climb, crystals to dig from the earth, we have chickens goats (angora). well not to go on to much your reply caught my eye because of the geologist part. I've been a mineral seeker for lack of a better word. We're looking for the same kind of area in kentucky as here, mountains farms etc

Ian MacKenzie

Old 11-16-2009, 12:49 AM

2 posts, read 6,076 times
Default Ky is for me!! yee hah

[quote=happyinky;5220381]like the rolling green grass and the beautiful horses i own a few of the guns you so hate."our second ammendment" I also dont have to worry about my boys joining a gang because they are to busy being cowboys we are proud of our heritage and wouldn't live anywhere else in the world You have a nice day!!!![/qu

Kentucky sound like my kind of place, makes the decision to move there better seeing your post Sir

From New Hampshire but it's is being invaded by second amendment hating scum from Mass. coming to NH for the better life and dragging the bad life with them LOL. I'm out of here!! No. KY is sounding nice maybe

Old 11-16-2009, 11:29 AM

18 posts, read 60,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happyscotman View Post
My wife and I currently live in New Hampshire and we are tiring of the cold winters, no global warming here, and we both thought what about Kentucky!. Well i currently live in the white mountains 2 hours for a city, mountains to climb, crystals to dig from the earth, we have chickens goats (angora). well not to go on to much your reply caught my eye because of the geologist part. I've been a mineral seeker for lack of a better word. We're looking for the same kind of area in kentucky as here, mountains farms etc

Ian MacKenzie
Would never discourage moving to Kentucky, but I gotta tell you I have run into TWO former NH residents who are moving back there after years away -- just this last week!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky