Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2007, 07:34 PM

7,070 posts, read 16,747,626 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyUK View Post
Saying NKY is basically like Ohio is the same as saying Louisville is basically like Indiana. Your Louisville bias is strong, my friend.

UK / Andre Woodson will dominate Lousiville this weekend... go 'cats.
oh for heaven's sake. I did not grow up in Louisville and could care less about the sports rivalry. Almost anyone in the state considers NKY to be unlike the rest of the state. The culture, accent, and way of life is almost entirely like Cincinnati. So, YES, NKY is a Cincinnati suburb, and it is in fact the fastest growing part of the Cincy metro area as Hamilton County remains flat population wise. Almost anyone in KY I have spoken to also considers NKY to be different from the rest of the state. And yes, Louisville has many Midwestern qualities like Indiana, and I would largely say it is much more like Indiana than eastern or western KY. But I also think Louisville is very southern in many ways, and I don't feel an ounce of southern in NKY outside the Florence Ya'll sign on 75.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2007, 09:01 AM

21 posts, read 106,291 times
I live in Pikeville and I can be in Charleston and there are great things there. It is about an hour away maby a few minutes more...Then there is also Huntington..I perfer Charleston...Believe it is woodsy..Alot of nature and great places for gardens and things like that..

Old 09-17-2007, 09:58 AM
San

54 posts, read 430,444 times
Hey Guys,

Has anyone noticed that since Mangy Moose asked this question she's never been back on line? I find all of this information quite interesting. I'm learning a lot of stuff I didn't know but I don't think Mangy Moose is getting much out of it. We've all gone on with about five pages of suggestions but at least the rest of us are learning a lot.

Old 09-17-2007, 11:53 AM

156 posts, read 631,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stx12499 View Post
oh for heaven's sake. I did not grow up in Louisville and could care less about the sports rivalry. Almost anyone in the state considers NKY to be unlike the rest of the state. The culture, accent, and way of life is almost entirely like Cincinnati. So, YES, NKY is a Cincinnati suburb, and it is in fact the fastest growing part of the Cincy metro area as Hamilton County remains flat population wise. Almost anyone in KY I have spoken to also considers NKY to be different from the rest of the state. And yes, Louisville has many Midwestern qualities like Indiana, and I would largely say it is much more like Indiana than eastern or western KY. But I also think Louisville is very southern in many ways, and I don't feel an ounce of southern in NKY outside the Florence Ya'll sign on 75.
Thats actually a water tower.

I would agree with everything you said aside from NKY not having a southern feel. That it is a cincy suburb is true, but that doesn't disqualify it in my opinion. If you ever spent time around here, you might agree. Going back to the original question in this thread, I think its the best spot to live, but hey i'm biased.

Old 09-17-2007, 01:53 PM

2 posts, read 7,787 times
Default My two cents worth

London, Kentucky is beautiful and just a short drive from Lexington. As far as buying into conservative mumbo jumbo, that seems to be occuring all over the country, including Colorado, so I would not limit that to Kentucky! I like states that have character and lots of local color, which Kentucky certainly does

Old 09-17-2007, 03:30 PM

6,749 posts, read 22,084,465 times
Quote:
Just curious, where did you grow up?

Old 09-17-2007, 03:39 PM

Quote:
But I also think Louisville is very southern in many ways, and I don't feel an ounce of southern in NKY outside the Florence Ya'll sign on 75.
Thank you! Thank you thank you thank you!!! ***kisses***

Old 09-17-2007, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyUK View Post
UK / Andre Woodson will dominate Lousiville this weekend... go 'cats.
And they did whooohoooo!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-18-2007, 08:54 PM

14 posts, read 94,411 times
I agree with everyone. I grew up in South Eastern KY. Moved to South Floirda and have been here for 10 years. My Floridian husband and I are moving back to Kentucky. We have decided to move to Northern Kentucky to be close to Cincinnatti for work. But, I don't think you will find a bad place in Kentucky to live.

Old 09-18-2007, 09:24 PM

14 posts, read 94,411 times
Sorry, I forgot to add a few thoughts. Lets start with, HOW ABOUT THOSE CATS!!!!! Crazy how I have lived in Florida at the beach as a un-educated person for all these years. I guess I have nothing to think about except sports!!!! Visvaldis, you are way off and very wrong. Pack your bags and go home!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky