Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol
 [Register]
Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol The Tri-Cities area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2007, 11:40 AM

423 posts, read 1,404,697 times

Advertisements

Wow...now this will get me started. Sounds yummy all. Thanks for the great suggestions. I'm keeping a list! So for the best views, the RiverFront in Kingsport then? I love restaurants with a view! THANKS everyone, for taking time to reply.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2007, 04:27 PM

7,538 posts, read 17,226,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jchometeam View Post
For a true East Tennessee experience, dont forget about the Farmers Daughter in Chuckey. Its certainly not a steakhouse in the Chop House sense, but great food and a better environment.
Not bad, but I prefer The Farmhouse. To get there, go past the Farmer's Daughter (towards Greeneville) and cut left onto the 107 Cutoff (Hwy 351). About 3 miles out there is an Revolutionary-era brick farmhouse in a great setting. Better food, too. Thursdays are chicken and dumplings nights. And the desserts are great!

Old 10-14-2007, 05:41 PM

359 posts, read 1,635,757 times
jab ... is that the Mennonite restaurant? I heard there was a tremendous Mennonite restaurant out that way ....

Old 10-14-2007, 07:16 PM

1,065 posts, read 3,868,208 times
I've heard that there's a really good Melungeon restaraunt in Sneedville, but I believe that's getting a bit out of the area.

Old 10-14-2007, 07:46 PM

423 posts, read 1,404,697 times
Where is Tommy Thai's? What city? THanks all! I'm planning to drag my husband out to dinner a few times this week. All in the interest of exploring the area of course -

Old 10-14-2007, 10:49 PM

7,538 posts, read 17,226,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrannyLois View Post
jab ... is that the Mennonite restaurant? I heard there was a tremendous Mennonite restaurant out that way ....
Nope, that's the aforementioned Farmer's Daughter, I'd reckon. It's actually owned by non-Mennonites who had the business savvy to built next to the Mennonite dry-goods store, so the connection is made in everyone's minds. The food is good (enough), but it sure ain't Mennonite. The store beside it, however, is FANTASTIC!

Old 10-15-2007, 03:34 AM

383 posts, read 918,710 times
Tomy Thai is in kingsport. Tomy Thai Restaurant - Kingsport Tennessee's Premiere Thai Food Restaurant.

Old 10-16-2007, 12:11 AM

3,885 posts, read 8,120,957 times
Tomy Thai is fantastic!

Cafe 111 in JC is good too, same owners (I think) as Cafe Pacific and Pacific Grill. I've heard that Shirley's is good too, but I have yet to visit. Shirley's Restaurant - Good Old Home Cookin'

Last edited by mbmouse; 10-16-2007 at 06:34 AM..

Old 10-16-2007, 09:14 AM

227 posts, read 720,032 times
Tommy Thai is great asian food! I liked Stir Fry's but Tommy Thai blows them away. Also like Russo's, Sahib and El Torito (JC or Elizabethton), Simply Delicious Deli in Bristol near the racetrack. I can't remember the name, but there is a restaurant just outside Erwin on Hwy 81 headed toward Jonesborough that was pretty good; nice view. Anybody remember that name? If you like German, there is a little place in Weber City, VA named Gasthaus Edelweiss. Tiny little place - make reservations. Shirleys is good but call first, they close during winter months. Ljay - you gotta give us the name or location of the authentic mexican place!

My hubby and I love to eat and always looking for new and different places! Keep the recommendations coming!!

Old 10-16-2007, 09:31 AM

1,697 posts, read 6,804,376 times
Pepper Heads Cafe in Kingsport is the only Korean restaurant between Knoxville & Roanoke to my knowledge, and it receives rave reviews from everyone I know who's eaten there. It's in a small renovated house on S. Wilcox Drive, near Meadow View. They get a lot of Eastman folks at lunch while most of their dinner crowd comes from Johnson City. All of the Korean dishes are prepared from scratch.
Pepper Heads Cafe

Review on p. 3 of the Elizabethton Star newspaper (PDF format):
http://archives.starhq.com/PDF/2006/Sep/092206.pdf (broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol