Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol
 [Register]
Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol The Tri-Cities area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2007, 04:48 PM

423 posts, read 1,405,305 times

Advertisements

We like to bring friends down with us sometimes to our farm, and our kids like to show off the area's finest when they get visitors. We've tried some good places like Cootie Browns, Cheddars, Sahib (I think that's the name...it's an Indian restaurant), the Mexican restaurant near Pal's in JC, and Stir Fry Cafe...a few others I can't remember the names. What's your FAVORITE, BEST restaurants, for ambiance, scenic views, unique, great foods, unique atmosphere?

Especially looking for a place with a great view to take our friends. Haven't seen one yet but I know it's out there!

(If there's one thing I love to do, it's eat. Luckily I also like to hike, walk and exercise or I'd be in a heap of trouble.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2007, 05:34 PM

359 posts, read 1,636,365 times
On 91N just outside of Elizabethton, is a wonderful place called Nanny's. Home cooking and neat specials every night. Wednesday is chicken and dumplings = yum!

Another place in Elizabethton that's awesome is Bridges. The best ribs!

In Kingsport, my favorite place is Salsaritas - a great Mexican place = the best shrimp nachos and quesadillas. Today a couple of us had lunch there - ate outside on the patio overlooking the walking trail (Green Belt).

That's all I can think of right now.

Old 10-13-2007, 06:16 PM

7,280 posts, read 21,323,591 times
In JC, I would have to say my two favorites are Russo's downtown in the King building and Johnny Carino's on Roan. In Kingsport there is River Front that is right on the river, nice indoor deck to eat out on, great views. For fun lunches there is Kafe Blues and 12 Bones. Then for dessert you can go to the new ice cream shop that has a robot get your ice cream.
All fun places, great food.

Old 10-13-2007, 07:44 PM

7,541 posts, read 17,238,441 times
I second Russo's downtown!

Also, in downtown Kingsport there are some very good restaurants with great atmospheres. It's been a while and I can't remember their names, more's the pity, but they're all on the one street where you park in the middle!

Old 10-13-2007, 09:11 PM

1,065 posts, read 3,869,640 times
We love to eat after Church on Sunday at Dogwood Lane in downtown Jonesborough on Sunday. We also love El Chico's in Johnson City for both Mexican Food and a nice setting.

Old 10-13-2007, 09:22 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,501,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pineywoods View Post
We like to bring friends down with us sometimes to our farm, and our kids like to show off the area's finest when they get visitors. We've tried some good places like Cootie Browns, Cheddars, Sahib (I think that's the name...it's an Indian restaurant), the Mexican restaurant near Pal's in JC, and Stir Fry Cafe...a few others I can't remember the names. What's your FAVORITE, BEST restaurants, for ambiance, scenic views, unique, great foods, unique atmosphere?

Especially looking for a place with a great view to take our friends. Haven't seen one yet but I know it's out there!

(If there's one thing I love to do, it's eat. Luckily I also like to hike, walk and exercise or I'd be in a heap of trouble.)
You may find some old or new favorites in this thread:

Favorite Tennessee Restaurants

Old 10-14-2007, 05:27 AM

383 posts, read 919,172 times
pw, I'm not going to respond to your question because while I like an upscale dining experience I really haven't been here long enough to scope out any good places. BUT, here's a short list of some of my favorite eating establishments...

ChopHouse - slightly upscale steakhouse. this is a small regional chain with a nice menu and a daily prime steak offering..usually for around $35. This is my every day steakhouse and imo, there isn't a clear second in the area. A nice step-up from hohum places like Outback, Logan's etc.

Tomy Thai's - Nice place..not your typical chinese buffet. AND, hands down the best asian food in this market.

12Bones - I'm a bbq nut and I don't eat junk more then once. There may be some bbq in this area that I haven't tried but hands down the best ribs in this area go to 12bones, a new place in kingsport (they have an asheville nc location also).

And my anti-scenery vote would go to a small yellow cinder block building on market st that prepares authentic mexican food. If you want real, down in mexico street vendor home made prepared mexican food...this is the only place in town to get it and it is unbelievable. As many times as I;ve eaten there I still don't know the name but I'll try to post it for you. Forget all the watered down mexican-american restaurants...the folks that own those places eat here. (you won't see a sysco truck within 50 feet of this place ;-)

will post more later...

Old 10-14-2007, 06:40 AM

16,177 posts, read 32,501,220 times
We also like Cafe Pacific in JC; although we haven't been in a while. I hope it is still good. Great fusion cooking not easily found in this part of the world.

Old 10-14-2007, 07:06 AM

7,280 posts, read 21,323,591 times
ljay42, thanks for brining up The Chop House! It has been a bit since I have been there but I agree, GREAT food and very nice atmosphere. My family did Christmas eve dinner there last year, we all enjoyed it so much. When hubby and I want a nice date night, that is one of our favorites too.

Old 10-14-2007, 07:36 AM

712 posts, read 1,488,270 times
For a true East Tennessee experience, dont forget about the Farmers Daughter in Chuckey. Its certainly not a steakhouse in the Chop House sense, but great food and a better environment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol