Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2008, 07:25 PM

2,197 posts, read 7,393,698 times

Advertisements

Wow, I missed it, too.

Gem, I didn't know your hubby was going to have another round of surgery. Well, I'm glad to hear the news was so good, and I hope that he's already on the mend.

Sending happy thoughts...

Old 06-05-2008, 07:34 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,501,220 times
I missed it as well. Lots and lots going on. Sending t's and p's your way Gem. By the way, I am coming your way Sunday for a meeting on Monday in Atlanta and then back home that evening. I'll be thinking of you.

Old 06-05-2008, 09:40 PM

4,725 posts, read 10,136,321 times
Smile What a bunch of buddies on this forum!!

Just tuning in quick before turning in. Thanks everyone for the well wishes. I thought I had mentioned DH's surgery on the Chat thread, but I don't see it! I must have mentioned it in a DM. Sorry, everyone.

DH has run into some complications, so we were back to his original surgeon today and hope that all will be well now. It will mean a little longer recovery than anticipated, but he's a trooper and I'm a nurturer!

He is really touched that you are all wishing him well. Thanks to each of you.

SMG, shout "Hey, gem" as you pass! I'll be listening.

I hope to be back at the computer for awhile tomorrow to catch up on all of these great threads I have been missing. Glad you're all here.

Old 06-05-2008, 09:54 PM

2,700 posts, read 3,682,748 times
Wink Message solves the mystery!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemkeeper View Post
Just tuning in quick before turning in. Thanks everyone for the well wishes. I thought I had mentioned DH's surgery on the Chat thread, but I don't see it! I must have mentioned it in a DM. Sorry, everyone.

DH has run into some complications, so we were back to his original surgeon today and hope that all will be well now. It will mean a little longer recovery than anticipated, but he's a trooper and I'm a nurturer!

He is really touched that you are all wishing him well. Thanks to each of you.

SMG, shout "Hey, gem" as you pass! I'll be listening.

I hope to be back at the computer for awhile tomorrow to catch up on all of these great threads I have been missing. Glad you're all here.
Gem, thanks for the explanation. At least maybe now I can get some sleep 'cuz I know I haven't totally lost my memory!! Seriously, hope all goes well for dh and recovery. A step at a time. We're thinking of you---

Old 06-06-2008, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne1945 View Post
Gem, thanks for the explanation. At least maybe now I can get some sleep 'cuz I know I haven't totally lost my memory!! Seriously, hope all goes well for dh and recovery. A step at a time. We're thinking of you---
I think I was the one losing my mind, Suzanne1945! DH is back under the care of his Jan. surgeon and this doc is treating him agressively. I feel hopeful that there will be a good recovery.

Thanks for asking. Hope all is going well with your plans.

Old 06-07-2008, 06:40 AM

4,951 posts, read 2,538,260 times
Good morning everyone! Enjoy your weekend!
I just wanted to pop in and say hello. My Dad is visiting this weekend, so I'm not gonna be on here much.
gem...I'm glad your DH is back with his other doctor, and my thoughts and prayers are with you both.<<Big Hug>>

Old 06-07-2008, 10:12 PM

Thanks, fallfanatic. He is doing better since going back to the other doctor - mostly because the problem changed!

I hope you have a wonderful visit with your father this weekend. It will be a hot one - tempurature wise.

Old 06-09-2008, 11:28 AM

4,951 posts, read 2,538,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gemkeeper View Post
Thanks, fallfanatic. He is doing better since going back to the other doctor - mostly because the problem changed!

I hope you have a wonderful visit with your father this weekend. It will be a hot one - tempurature wise.
Thanks gem...
I did enjoy my dad being here even if it wasn't for long, at least I got to spend some time with him. And the kids are always thrilled to see gran-daddy!!
It's still raining here. It hasn't even gotten out of the 50's and isn't supose to for another week, at least...
How are things going with your hubby? Is he doing better? And you...how are you holding up? I know it's only been a couple of days, but I just wanted to check with you. I really wish there was something I could do to help you... I know you're super busy right now, thank you for keeping us posted on how hubby is doing. Lots of folks on here are right there with you; even though we can't actually be there.

Old 06-09-2008, 05:35 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,501,220 times
Gem - wowee. It was steamy down your way today! I was at the Four Seasons for a meeting. What a nice hotel! I thought of you as I drove by ~~

Old 06-09-2008, 06:36 PM

Smile Bring on the heat! I can take it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokyMtnGal View Post
Gem - wowee. It was steamy down your way today! I was at the Four Seasons for a meeting. What a nice hotel! I thought of you as I drove by ~~
The Four Seasons is a beautiful hotel! And, indeed, it was sticky and warm here today. My car temperature feature said that it was 100° at 2:30 PM. Yikes!

Returning home with my husband from his ultrasound I waited in the car while he went into the drugstore for a Rx. He was going to leave the engine running, but I asked him to turn it off; I would open my window while waiting.

When he returned to the car 10 minutes later he expected to find me melted on the front seat. Not so. I am so cold all the time that if I am out of the sun I just love to soak up all the heat I can get. It was perfect!

I am glad to see that you made it safely there and back without any difficulties with construction, I hope.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville