Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2008, 03:24 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,504,784 times

Advertisements

Church's Fried Chicken.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2008, 03:39 PM

2,171 posts, read 7,664,218 times
The Popeye's is located in the TA Travel Center on Watts Road where the Perkins used to be. They said it opened four months ago.
I've got my spicy chicken strips with Sweet and Sour sauce, my Cajun rice, cole slaw, buttery biscuits and a fork. Life is very, very good, thanks to JMT!

Old 09-25-2008, 03:42 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,300,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tntim View Post
My wife is from Rhode Island and that is her number one complaint “there just are not any real bakeries around here”. When we go up there for a visit, I really don’t care for the bread at the bakeries there. I guess it’s what you grow up with.
Oh no! I don't mind the bakeries at all. I am just looking for length. I need some rolls that are pretty large for good-size subs.

Now, my husband makes the Chicago Beef. Very good if anyone ever wants to come over and try it. He even uses the Giradinera Sauce. Well, he needed a sturdy bread. He finally found it at Panera. He gets the Ciabatta. He calls ahead and they put it aside for him. We love Panera!

The longer that I live here, the more great places that I find. This forum has been great, too, in pointing me in the right direction. I just need to find some great sub rolls.

Old 09-25-2008, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by knoxgarden View Post
The Popeye's is located in the TA Travel Center on Watts Road where the Perkins used to be. They said it opened four months ago.
I've got my spicy chicken strips with Sweet and Sour sauce, my Cajun rice, cole slaw, buttery biscuits and a fork. Life is very, very good, thanks to JMT!
I am sooo glad that you are having a great dinner! Yum!

Old 09-25-2008, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokyMtnGal View Post
Church's Fried Chicken.
Oh my goodness! I love Church's! Best Fried chicken that I've ever had. Great friend okra, too.

I had it in the inner city of Orlando many times.

Old 09-25-2008, 03:54 PM

2,171 posts, read 7,664,218 times
Panera's Ciabatti is wonderful. I use it for my Farmers Market BLTs: split and toast, add tomatos, avocado, lettuce, thin sliced red onions and bacon. I've been getting the produce part from the Farmers Market at Laurel Church. I'd forgotten how good lettuce can taste. Also got some bacon there. Thick and wonderful.
Good artisan bread is hard to find in the South. Panera is good. Earth Fare is now baking Ecce Panis? (can't remember the name and I threw out the wrapper). They've got a good Ciabatti, holier and yeastier than Panera's.

Old 09-25-2008, 04:00 PM

13,355 posts, read 39,974,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knoxgarden View Post
I'm so glad that you like it, too!

How's this for weird: the only times I've had Popeyes are in HONG KONG. How strange that Popeyes has had stores in Hong Kong before Knoxville.

Old 09-25-2008, 04:02 PM

13,355 posts, read 39,974,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
But I can't seem to find a good sub roll. Anyone know where I can find that?
When I was in Rochester NY a couple of years ago I had an amaaaazing sub at a supermarket, Wegman's (something else I wish we had around here). What made it so good was the sub roll. If that's what you're talking about, hik, then yes yes yes we need some around here! It was nice and soft on the inside but firm (not chewy) on the outside. And it wasn't super thick, either.

Good grief I'm hungry now.

Old 09-25-2008, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT View Post
When I was in Rochester NY a couple of years ago I had an amaaaazing sub at a supermarket, Wegman's (something else I wish we had around here). What made it so good was the sub roll. If that's what you're talking about, hik, then yes yes yes we need some around here! It was nice and soft on the inside but firm (not chewy) on the outside. And it wasn't super thick, either.

Good grief I'm hungry now.
Yes! That's it!

If we had that and stuffed it full of good stuff, we would have a business!

I went to Harvest Park farmer's market last Thursday. Wow! It was packed!

It was also hilarious. Everyone lines up, but they can't sell anything until the whistle blows at 4 p.m.

I managed to score the only Cherokee tomato. WOW! What a tomato. I was so proud. No one around me knew what it was. The seller looked impressed.

Got some steaks at the Sunbright people. GREAT!

I thought I saw your car there, JMT. I looked and looked, but I couldn't find you.

Old 09-25-2008, 08:07 PM

1,012 posts, read 2,781,047 times
More ethnic variety less ________'s (generic American). I was there Hik, bought a rabbit from the meat guy. Rabbit is overrated. Going to do pheasant next week.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville