Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2012, 07:29 AM

110 posts, read 213,471 times

Advertisements

An interesting tidbit...the location on Kingston Pike where Trader Joe's is located has an average daily traffic count of 26,151 cars. (I look at traffic counts as part of my job...that's not something I would normally know ) Not too shabby. Yes, it's a hard location to get in and out of but I think all things considered, it will do fine where it is. I hate that I lost my dry cleaners which used to be located in the same center but oh well. I live less than 2 miles from TJ but haven't been yet
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2012, 09:42 AM

813 posts, read 2,032,307 times
Congrats on the TJs! The one here in Nashville is located in a tricky spot along Hillsboro Pike between the Mall at Green Hills and the Hill Center. It hasn't hurt it one bit. The parking lot stays full even without Two Buck Chuck.

Speaking of Chuck, there's some encouraging news on the possibility of Tennessee wine laws relaxing in the near future. Check out the news on a recent ruling in Kentucky which is in the same federal court circuit as TN:

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20...nclick_check=1

Old 08-18-2012, 07:49 AM

14 posts, read 28,612 times
Default Visit to Trader Joe's

The wife and I just returned from a visit to Trader Joe's. What a cool store! A funky, accessible vibe with a great selection of unique foods. The biggest surprise to me was how good the prices were compared to Fresh Market and Earth Fare, and especially compared to the ethnic and specialty sections of stores like Food City. Coffee for $4.99 for 14 ozs. as good as Starbucks blends, c'mon?

Old 08-18-2012, 08:18 AM

1,285 posts, read 2,357,893 times
Made my 2nd trip there yesterday. Much less crowded (thankfully) but still popular I can tell.

It's the cheapest place to buy rice milk.

Old 08-18-2012, 08:26 AM

13,355 posts, read 39,974,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knoxgent View Post
The wife and I just returned from a visit to Trader Joe's. What a cool store! A funky, accessible vibe with a great selection of unique foods. The biggest surprise to me was how good the prices were compared to Fresh Market and Earth Fare, and especially compared to the ethnic and specialty sections of stores like Food City. Coffee for $4.99 for 14 ozs. as good as Starbucks blends, c'mon?
My sentiments exactly! Tj's has pre-packaged meals similar in price to the disgusting Hormel or Tyson stuff elsewhere, but the TJ brand is all organic and much more interesting. A pound of organic Cajun chicken fettuccine alfredo for less than $6, just heat and serve, for example. TJ's also has real, honest-to-goodness Belgian chocolate, a half-kilo tablet (over a pound) for only $5. And it's the real deal. (I used to live in Belgium, so I'm an admitted chocolate snob.)

I introduced TJ's to a friend the other day, and she was blown away. She said, and I agree, that she no longer needs to eat out. She can buy food at TJ's that she normally would've had to eat at a restaurant to get, but at a fraction of the cost, and it's usually organic, too.

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
it's - contraction of it is
your - possession
you're - contraction of you are
their - possession
they're - contraction of they are
there - referring to a place
loose - opposite of tight
lose - opposite of win
who's - contraction of who is
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD

Old 08-18-2012, 08:46 AM

16,177 posts, read 32,504,784 times
I'll be back there again this afternoon. I'm officially addicted and happy!

Old 08-18-2012, 09:00 AM

1,285 posts, read 2,357,893 times
I feel lucky to have them here in Knoxville.

Old 08-18-2012, 06:52 PM

950 posts, read 3,192,386 times
Just wondering... Does the Knoxville store have alcohol beverages?

Old 08-18-2012, 08:18 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,504,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
Nope, courtesy of the State of TN laws.

So I went this afternoon around 5 pm. It was pretty chaotic with long check out lines. I was still smiling the entire time!!!

Oh, and JMT, I got the Belgium chocolate today!

Old 08-21-2012, 10:59 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,300,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
I believe they have beer.

Tip: Get the frozen mac and cheese. It is amazing!

I really love all of the products that I've bought so far. Top of the line ingredients at an excellent price.

I love when stores have cooking demonstrations and free samples. It is a waste of money to buy something only to find out that you didn't like it. I consider this to be a service!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville