Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2012, 09:00 PM

1,753 posts, read 4,251,272 times

Advertisements

Never had anything bad from TJ. Really glad I don't have to make the trek to Nashville to shop at one
I agree, the location of the Nashville store is pretty horrible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2012, 08:46 AM

394 posts, read 794,807 times
Well, I dropped by today just to check it out. All I can say is VERY different from the one we went to up in Md. The fresh produce was fresh and very reasonably priced for the items I checked. I'll probably be doing at least part of my shopping there.

Old 08-30-2012, 09:30 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,300,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC20853 View Post
Well, I dropped by today just to check it out. All I can say is VERY different from the one we went to up in Md. The fresh produce was fresh and very reasonably priced for the items I checked. I'll probably be doing at least part of my shopping there.
Me too. I'm finding that low carb is no longer working for me and I want to just move most of my eating to whole foods. This is a great, fresh alternative. The prices and the quality that is offered there is phenomenal. And it even beats local farmer's markets prices!

Old 08-30-2012, 11:29 AM

1,285 posts, read 2,357,893 times
We're planning to go whole foods too, hik. Maybe 85/15 vegan/veggie.

Old 08-30-2012, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETSUAccountingGuy View Post
We're planning to go whole foods too, hik. Maybe 85/15 vegan/veggie.
Well, I meant actual whole foods. Low-carb worked for me for years but now it makes me sick. So I'm going to stay away from processed foods unless it is whole wheat, for example. But yes, I cannot wait for Whole Foods to come here. I still haven't heard about a date. I understand they are expensive, much like Earth Fare. If we get one like the ones shown on Top Chef, they will have fabulous choices for seafood. I love good, American, wild seafood. Publix seems to have some excellent choices and Earth Fare, although the latter is expensive. But Trader Joe's suits my dietary needs and pocketbook, right now. I hope I can lose weight or at least be more healthy.

Old 08-30-2012, 02:29 PM

191 posts, read 308,307 times
Whole Foods usually has beautiful produce, a great cheese selection, and a top notch deli and bakery. Plus a great line of organic products. And prices to match.

Last week we bought french green beans and fresh green peas at TJ's for a fraction of the cost at Fresh Market. Both stayed fresh and tasted great.

Old 08-30-2012, 02:30 PM

Yeah, I know what you meant. We're going to do the whole Forks over Knives thing. Seen that video?

I hope TJ's has things that can continue to fit into our new diet.

Old 08-30-2012, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETSUAccountingGuy View Post
Yeah, I know what you meant. We're going to do the whole Forks over Knives thing. Seen that video?

I hope TJ's has things that can continue to fit into our new diet.
I haven't heard of it. Googling right now!

Okay, I found it. Yes, I'm not a huge fan of meat. I mean I like a nice tenderloin on occasion but other than that, meh. And it seems like I'm even less interested lately. But I do like seafood. TJ's has fish from good origins. I bought haddock (skinned!) from the Atlantic, a couple of weeks ago. It did seem slightly bland but good quality, anyway. Certainly better than what I usually get, which is NOTHING. It's extremely hard to find haddock that is not from Asia around here. That's not a slam on the area. Most major grocery chains now offer Asian seafood.

Old 10-20-2012, 04:27 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,504,784 times
Went to TJ's this past Tuesday afternoon. There were shoppers there but nothing like before. I breezed through the store with ease and went straight up to the check out without a line. The fanfare seems to have died down.

Old 10-21-2012, 03:24 PM

Agreed. I am glad it did though. Its so much easier to shop now than it was before. Are you glad as well?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville