Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2011, 08:08 AM

8,419 posts, read 4,579,340 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanLB View Post
I can't imagine the kind of energy bill I'd probably run in the summer in Vegas if I was actually living there. Considering I have about 8 power strips in my tiny 920 sq. foot condo (two full surround speaker setups, computer, three RAID units attached, numerous external hard drives, disc printer, color inkjet oversized printer, black and white laser printer / scanner / copier / fax, three video game systems, 5-DVD changer, cable TV box, etc., etc.), and probably use a ton of power (I have no clue, we don't do that here, HOA pays all electricity bills for the building and we pay into the HOA equally), I can only imagine that my bill would be high in a house, haha.
Yes, it would absolutely suck to have to start paying your fare share of energy used.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2011, 08:18 AM

2,469 posts, read 3,264,312 times
Too hot in the summer, barely a spring-still better than dealing with snow. We make lots of trips to California during the summer

Old 03-26-2011, 08:35 AM

1,365 posts, read 4,473,379 times
I am one of the few that loves the hot weather. The hotter the better. I do not even have AC in my car (I do all my errands early). When it is only my daughter and I in the house, I usually keep the ac off up stairs until about 5pm, and have it cool down for the night. I have my office upstairs, also. I keep the downstairs at about 82. When we get too hot, we just go jump in the pool. I also do my yard work in my bathing suit. That way when I am done, I jump in the pool, and it feels sooo good.

But, I also love it because the bugs come out, lol!

The wind usually does not bother me so much, but I seem to have really bad allergies this last week. With a sinus headache that just will not go away. I have pretty much tried every allergy pill out there. Usually it is my husband that has them bad, but mine is worse then his right now. This year has been the worse that I have had living in Vegas.

Old 03-26-2011, 09:24 AM

2,469 posts, read 3,264,312 times
Same here my eyes/nose are going crazy the wind makes it worse for me.

Old 03-26-2011, 09:34 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,124,231 times
allergies are the ONLY thing I dislike about Las Vegas....well besides the know it all posters that are on my ignore list

Old 03-26-2011, 11:29 AM

968 posts, read 2,063,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LVPoker1 View Post
10 Worst Things About Living in Las Vegas 1

Vegas Rex does a good job describing his feelings about the 10 worst things about living here.

Edit: The language is PG in that link.
Interesting article. The characterizations of the people might be true. I agree, health care is a concern.

Old 03-26-2011, 12:48 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,294,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BUGBULLY View Post
I am one of the few that loves the hot weather. The hotter the better. I do not even have AC in my car (I do all my errands early). When it is only my daughter and I in the house, I usually keep the ac off up stairs until about 5pm, and have it cool down for the night. I have my office upstairs, also. I keep the downstairs at about 82. When we get too hot, we just go jump in the pool. I also do my yard work in my bathing suit. That way when I am done, I jump in the pool, and it feels sooo good.

But, I also love it because the bugs come out, lol!

The wind usually does not bother me so much, but I seem to have really bad allergies this last week. With a sinus headache that just will not go away. I have pretty much tried every allergy pill out there. Usually it is my husband that has them bad, but mine is worse then his right now. This year has been the worse that I have had living in Vegas.
Ok, so when it gets to 86 upstairs, I will drive on over and jump in your pool.

Old 03-26-2011, 04:02 PM

57 posts, read 112,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanLB View Post
It's odd to me if someone lists weather, I mean you do realize Vegas weather is some of the best in the U.S. don't you? The weather in most cities is borderline uninhabitable. I guess you could argue that the weather in Vegas in July and August is pretty intolerable (luckily I have a Northern escape planned for those months, lol) but the rest of the year is pretty great weather. It's cold in December and January by, say, Los Angeles standards, but compared to most places it's still pretty nice. Livable anyway.

It would really bother me if I was living in Vegas hearing people complain about how much it sucks. Especially because coming from L.A., which in fact does suck, to a city that is basically perfect in many ways, they really should move somewhere else and figure out how much most cities suck. If you don't like Vegas, basically I don't know what to say, because it's hard to find a better city in the U.S.

You got that right!!!!

Im from Zurich, Switzerland and lover your City :-)... For many reasons: Nice weather most of the time, lot of entertainment, 24H stores, the friendly people, food and the dessert itself. By the way I love to get the ketchup for free at MC Donalds... its 25cent for each here in Switzerland....;-).

All these positives reasons made my partner and I buying a Condo in lovely Henderson ....

WE LOVE VEGAS!!!!!!

Old 03-26-2011, 04:47 PM

8,419 posts, read 4,579,340 times
I just thought of an export business...

Old 03-26-2011, 05:17 PM

7,112 posts, read 13,161,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LVPoker1 View Post
How old is that picture in post 33?
I got the pic from Photobucket and I think I remeber seeing a date of 2005...Not 100% sure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas