Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2009, 12:51 AM

110 posts, read 235,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
We are straying way too far from the LV thing.

Let us face facts. Whatever else happens LV and Nevada will remain a very permissive concealed carry state. And it is not going to change anytime soon.

So if you wish to live here you simple need to understand that is a fact of life with very broad community support.
Yes, I agree with you Olecapt - it´s definitely a fact of life in Nevada and broad support is present. Being able to live with it is a personal problem which I believe can be coped with without going to extremes. Excepting some of the various different ideological views can sometimes be difficult, but I believe I`ll be able to adjust.

My best wishes go to you and hope you are doing well!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2009, 08:09 AM

23,854 posts, read 24,091,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by barocko7 View Post
Think logical; Because the permits are so easily obtained for virtually everyone, thats why people are dying daily. Getting everybody armed is`nt solving the problem, it increases. GETTING RID OF GUNS is the only logical solution toward saving lives.
Wow. Just wow.

Ok, I'll bite - as a percentage, tell me how many crimes are committed by people who are legally carrying a firearm, and provide proper evidence to support your answer.

Quote:
Only well trained law enforcement agencys and military should be allowed to have guns when their on duty. Other than that, theres no feasable reason why every private individual should own a gun in the first place. It`s high time for politicians to begin evaluating our legal right to bear arms and begin implementing more responsible control toward such.
How old are you? Do you even have an inkling WHY the 2nd Amendment exists in the first place?!?

(Hint: It's there to protect us from those very politicians that you say should remove our 2nd Amendment rights! )

Old 12-03-2009, 09:03 AM

23,854 posts, read 24,091,732 times
Quote:
As JFK once said; Don`t ask what your country can do for you but what YOU can do for your country!
He said, "...what you can do for your country," not "...what your country will REQUIRE of you." There's a big difference, chief.

Quote:
Our Prisons and Jails are overfilled, a police state has been established with no tolerance control. Our laws and courts punishing offenders to the most outrageous maximums of sentencing.
In one post, you talk about wanting MORE laws and MORE restrictions, and in the next, you talk about how the prisons are overcrowded.

Make up your mind!

Old 04-01-2010, 05:01 PM

2 posts, read 8,805 times
I'm thinking of getting rid of a few pigions on my property. Do I have the right to shoot them with a bb gun, or is that breaking the law?

Old 04-01-2010, 05:06 PM

815 posts, read 2,051,606 times
Are they clay pidgons?

Old 04-01-2010, 05:11 PM

2 posts, read 8,805 times
No, I just seeded my lawn for the fourth time, and these dang pigeons keep eating all the seed!

Old 04-01-2010, 08:17 PM

12,686 posts, read 36,340,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don g. View Post
No, I just seeded my lawn for the fourth time, and these dang pigeons keep eating all the seed!
I may be mistaken but I believe that the law, even though unreasonable, considers shooting BB guns the same as firing any weapon in a residential area. Call Metro and ask them. They won't bite. And come back here and tell us what they said.

Old 04-01-2010, 08:24 PM

7,084 posts, read 14,855,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjski21 View Post
I am a cop here, therefore I have one. A 13 year old with a lazy eye could get a CCW. It is stupid easy to get one here. Just pay your money and pass the background and hit a few targets and yer in.

Call American Shooters on Arville and they have the course for $80 I think. It takes about 2 hours. I would rather have educated gun carriers on my streets that what I normaly see. Just please be smart with it.
I have never shot anything accidentally in my life.

Old 04-01-2010, 08:48 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,187,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don g. View Post
Borrow a cat.

I have used a pump air rifle on them at low pressure. whacks but does not kill. Get a lot of noise and they fly away. I am however sufficiently private that no one would ever pick up on it if there is a regulation against it.

The actual regulation is tricky. The Nevada Statutes contain two definitions of firearms...one broad and including air rilfles and one narrow that excludes them.

I believe that the municipalities are in fact pre-empted against any regulation of air rifles. But there is a state law that says discharging where you could hit somebody is a gross misdemeanor.

I would be careful and as private as possible.

Old 06-23-2010, 08:15 AM

1 posts, read 4,154 times
I noticed Nevada's CCW permit has reciprocity in Texas, but it looks like the reciprocity is not reciprocated...? Am I missing something?

I'm driving from TX to Vegas via NM and AZ this summer. AZ has great gun carry laws, and NM is fine, but not sure what I should do when I get to the NV line... I have a CCW permit in TX.

A clue... anyone got one I could have?

David-in-the-sandbox
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas