Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2007, 09:45 AM

13 posts, read 50,805 times

Advertisements

School districts extract moneis based on what? a milleage which is a percent of the homes assessed value. Do you think that a district with cheap houses and rentals will provide a top notch educational facility. When a new community is developed and school sopens it is obvioulsly new and will draw from the zoned district. This being said, I have taught for 18 years in an inner city magnet high school in Fort Lauderdale. I taught there before it was a magnet and pulled only neighborhood kids- it was fights, bomb threats, gangs- school board considered closing us. We added an JROTC program with medical magnet and pre engineering. This magnet component drew top notch motivated students and increases our enrollment from 1100 to 2200. I taught dropout to advanced placment English. Bottom line- there is no "great school" unless you consider great to mean test scores but that's BS - you will have drugs, fights, rape, etc in all schools. A school is a microcosom of society. If you want answersw look at the school board and who these peole are. If they are parents check and see where their kids go to school.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2007, 09:47 AM

sorry for the spelling erors- where's the edit button?

Old 04-29-2007, 01:16 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,307,454 times
Try this editing trick: before you post it, look it over and correct any mistakes. Then submit it. That is what i do each time. I wish everyone would do that.
And after you post it, you can always click on "edit" at the bottom right of your message and correct any mistakes that way.

Last edited by PinkString; 04-29-2007 at 01:17 PM.. Reason: added text

Old 04-29-2007, 02:52 PM

thanks- got caught up in the moment. thanks again

Old 01-16-2008, 05:03 PM

59 posts, read 262,015 times
Anybody know what the HOA fees are like at Aliante?

Thanks

Old 01-16-2008, 06:11 PM

12,908 posts, read 28,021,628 times
what does olcapt being a realtor have to do with anything.. i find his posts pretty accurate, some positive, some negative, whereas yours are always negative.

Old 01-16-2008, 06:39 PM

12,600 posts, read 9,399,398 times
It also wise to purchase in areas right off Aliante. Plenty of nice neighborhoods, and you get the rub off effect of Aliante. There is a really nice new neighborhood by D.R. Horton at Tropical and Decatur you should check out!

It was mentioned anything south of Craig is a bit high in crime. Disagree a bit and would say anything south of Cheyenne. Anything south of Craig is just average across the board, not to say you should buy there anyway.

Last edited by WildWestDude; 01-16-2008 at 07:04 PM..

Old 01-16-2008, 07:18 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,235,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildWestDude View Post
It also wise to purchase in areas right off Aliante. Plenty of nice neighborhoods, and you get the rub off effect of Aliante. There is a really nice new neighborhood by D.R. Horton at Tropical and Decatur you should check out!

It was mentioned anything south of Craig is a bit high in crime. Disagree a bit and would say anything south of Cheyenne. Anything south of Craig is just average across the board, not to say you should buy there anyway.
Right on Dude...what I say - and very carefully - is that anything north of Craig is pretty well reasonably safe.

If pressed what I say about south of Craig is you need local knowledge. There are areas of NLV south of Craig that are very nice. There are even some neat large acreage places in that area. But you need a local guide as you get down that way. There are nice places all the way down to Washington and Bonanza...but you need to know the local lay of the land....

Old 01-16-2008, 07:35 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,307,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mooven View Post
Anybody know what the HOA fees are like at Aliante?

Thanks
Mooven, it depends on what neighborhood you are in within Aliante. In mine, we pay $65 for our sub-association and the master we pay $39 a month.
It varies by neighborhood. Some are more, some are less.

Old 01-16-2008, 08:03 PM

59 posts, read 262,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildWestDude View Post

Are prices on new homes very negotiable? Or are builders firm on their prices there?

Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas