Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2013, 02:48 AM

15 posts, read 38,716 times

Advertisements

Hi,

Moved to Las Vegas two and a half years ago, I'm a 44 year old male and I plan to stay here until I'm dust.

I love living in Las Vegas so much, and I could write over two pages on my own about the things I love about living in this great city of ours. I'll hold off on writing the many reasons I love living here, so others can comment - I'll simply get it started by stating that I love the entertainment, the outdoor activity options and the sunny weather that allows me to be active outdoors all year long.

Not to boast, although I wanted to add that I have literally traveled to most of the world, so I have experienced over 150 worldwide cities on six continents, and while there are many beautiful places out there, with wonderful people and many things to offer, I truly would not choose any other city in which to live for the rest of my life!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2013, 02:54 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,113,750 times
Sorry mchlkirk7 Praising LV is NOT permitted in here....

andi agree with everything you said PLUS, REMEMBER, you will NEVER EVER in your life shovel heat.

Old 02-02-2013, 04:14 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,120,116 times
I like it that the streets don't roll up at 9PM.

The mountains- you always know what direction you are headed in once you get a grasp on the various ranges (not that it's hard to get around here anyway). Speaking of mountains, it's nice to have Mt. Charleston so close that you can enjoy some snow in winter and escape the heat in summer.

I like it that it's not very humid here, even though July and August are killer hot.

We have so many excellent places to eat (and no, I don't mean buffets).

Las Vegans are also very charitable when something bad happens, and we support our local charities such as Opportunity Village and Three Square.

Vegas is very pet-friendly. People here tend to love animals.

Old 02-02-2013, 06:28 AM

629 posts, read 1,175,389 times
Mt. Charleston
Red Rock Canyon
Floyd Lamb Park
Gilcrease Sanctuary
24-hour stores
errr....

Old 02-02-2013, 07:17 AM

5,314 posts, read 7,785,752 times
NLV, glad to hear there is a charitable atmosphere in LV. My wife was in the Station Nightclub fire 10 years ago and started a charity after which raised about $5M for survivors. Once the mission of that charity was fulfilled, she joined the board of the Station Fire Memorial Foundation as Vice President to secure the site and build a permanenet memorial. It is difficult for her to leave this area, as this is where her time and energy has been devoted for the past 10 years, but we have decided to close this chapter in our lives and move to Las Vegas in June. She will be looking for charities to assist when we arrive, as that is what gives her the most fulfillment. She's in nursing school now in the hopes of working in a burn unit at one of the hospitals in the LV area. Once we get moved in and settled she'll be looking for a charity with which to align. Only having a half-dozen friends in the area, this will help make the transition hopefully a little easier. Thanks again for your post!

Old 02-02-2013, 08:34 AM

421 posts, read 898,612 times
I love how friendly my neighbors are. I love the freeways - being from California I'm used to roads that need a lot of work. I love how nice the salepeople are and how when I am in the grocery store someone asks if they can help me find something before I have to ask them. It's wonderful having so many restaurants to choose from and entertainment abounds! It's been a year today since I moved here and like the OP, I will be dust before I leave. I really love how helpful the forum and all of you has made the transition.

Old 02-02-2013, 09:38 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,120,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan_Eagan View Post
NLV, glad to hear there is a charitable atmosphere in LV. My wife was in the Station Nightclub fire 10 years ago and started a charity after which raised about $5M for survivors. Once the mission of that charity was fulfilled, she joined the board of the Station Fire Memorial Foundation as Vice President to secure the site and build a permanenet memorial. It is difficult for her to leave this area, as this is where her time and energy has been devoted for the past 10 years, but we have decided to close this chapter in our lives and move to Las Vegas in June. She will be looking for charities to assist when we arrive, as that is what gives her the most fulfillment. She's in nursing school now in the hopes of working in a burn unit at one of the hospitals in the LV area. Once we get moved in and settled she'll be looking for a charity with which to align. Only having a half-dozen friends in the area, this will help make the transition hopefully a little easier. Thanks again for your post!
Your wife sounds like a wonderful woman. In addition to Opportunity Village and Three Square, she may be interested in volunteering or working at Nathan Adelson Hospice. I've never met a better group of people than those that work and / or volunteer there. It's a non-profit and provides such a valuable service to our community.

Nathan Adelson Hospice

Old 02-02-2013, 09:57 AM

5,314 posts, read 7,785,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
Your wife sounds like a wonderful woman. In addition to Opportunity Village and Three Square, she may be interested in volunteering or working at Nathan Adelson Hospice. I've never met a better group of people than those that work and / or volunteer there. It's a non-profit and provides such a valuable service to our community.

Nathan Adelson Hospice
Yeah, I'll keep her I'll pass that site along to her. I know she's going to want to jump into something right away when we get here. It will help with the lonliness of leaving her friends here in RI. I'm hoping the transition doesn't take too much out of her. But we're both excited to start our next chapter in LV!

Old 02-02-2013, 10:01 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,113,750 times
I started m ine 50 years ago this coming June and even tho I left twice [once in the Ari force and pnce wth the Golden Nugget to Atlantic city], Las Vegas was ALWAYS my home.... i left it this year because of OLDER family members but its ALWAY gonna be home.....there is NOTHING there that i don't like......even the summer thunderstorms and humidity .........

Old 02-02-2013, 10:24 AM

654 posts, read 1,250,714 times
I love the low priced homes (when compared to Cauliflower).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas