Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 11:58 AM

151 posts, read 227,510 times

Advertisements

I've been here 5 years and I have never seen a scorpion. I have come across two black widows.

They say, keep your trees trimmed up and the scorpions will find another place to hide.

Old 10-09-2007, 12:04 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,501,960 times
I came across two black widows the last time I was in LV! Very nice ladies, at the blackjack table, with one sitting on third base. Very good basic strategy players!

Old 10-31-2007, 06:10 PM

2 posts, read 6,445 times
Default Scorpion...in my bathroom

Ok.. We moved to Las Vegas a few months ago.. I just read many post that said they never saw Scorpions in their homes... I can't say that is true for me.. since I am about to freak.. I just found a scorpion in my bathroom cabinet.. hanging to the side of a roll of toliet paper. I thought Scorpions were only black.. shows how much I know.. this one is Tan.. and when i open the cabinet.. its nasty tail curled up. What in the world am I suppose to do about that?????? How do they get in the house??? Man the cockroaches are bad enough but now Scorpions. grrrr.. Is there anything to prevent them from entering your home??

Old 10-31-2007, 06:14 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,117,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clouds78 View Post
Ok.. We moved to Las Vegas a few months ago.. I just read many post that said they never saw Scorpions in their homes... I can't say that is true for me.. since I am about to freak.. I just found a scorpion in my bathroom cabinet.. hanging to the side of a roll of toliet paper. I thought Scorpions were only black.. shows how much I know.. this one is Tan.. and when i open the cabinet.. its nasty tail curled up. What in the world am I suppose to do about that?????? How do they get in the house??? Man the cockroaches are bad enough but now Scorpions. grrrr.. Is there anything to prevent them from entering your home??
You can usually hit em with a shotgun

Old 10-31-2007, 06:15 PM

1,158 posts, read 3,415,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clouds78 View Post
if it is small, w/ stripes and slender claws its a bark scorpion...don't get stung by that beasty!

bad news, if there is one, there is probably more (they don't travel all that far provided they can find food and water). probably came in to your area w/ someones landscaping (barks aren't native to NV).

i have never been unfortunate to have an infestation, so i dunno what to tell you about getting rid of them. people have posted info (i think in this thread) about it though.

Old 10-31-2007, 06:28 PM

359 posts, read 1,407,897 times
a pump action 12 gauge is sufficient to get rid of these buggers lol
hmm.. try calling your local exterminators. same with GJ, i have never seen one in our area. maybe a few lizards (which i caught and raised hahaha) and plenty of crickets.

Old 10-31-2007, 07:39 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,208,368 times
There is no good insecticide for the scorpions.

You get a black light and roam the yards after dark. They floresce. Whack em. They kill easy.

To prevent get rid of hiding places. They want to hide under something. Dejunk the yard and surround. No wood piles on the ground. Check out the house and calk all cracks. They are good at sneaking through narrow holes.

Do the black light bit a few times. You can find where they are coming from and wipe them out pretty much.

Old 10-31-2007, 08:04 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,117,748 times
But shotgunnin em is sooo much more fun.

Old 10-31-2007, 09:50 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,501,960 times
I say replace your water heater incorrectly, leave the earthquake strap unhooked, turn up the juice...and blow the place to smithereens! That should take care of the nasty bas---ds!

Old 10-31-2007, 09:56 PM

359 posts, read 1,407,897 times
hahaha or if you want, use a double barrel
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas