Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-08-2011, 11:19 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,294,055 times

Advertisements

My husband had a job offer several years ago in Tucson. It was one of those forced job offers from the company he was with at the time as in he either took the job in Tucson or he was out of a job. So he declined. Plus I did not want to live there at all. Still don't.

Old 10-09-2011, 12:22 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,503,165 times
Tucson's no worse than Lost Wages. What don't cha like about it, PinkString?

Old 10-09-2011, 01:16 AM

23,225 posts, read 29,061,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
My husband had a job offer several years ago in Tucson. It was one of those forced job offers from the company he was with at the time as in he either took the job in Tucson or he was out of a job. So he declined. Plus I did not want to live there at all. Still don't.
Plus I did not want to live there at all. It's no secret whatsoever how influential the wife (the uncontested power behind the throne) can be in influencing a husband's decisions!

It's probably a good thing you didn't move there, you might have made your husband's life a passive-aggressive hell, and he might have been forced to frequent the red light district in Nogales on weekends when he wanted "a little more out of life".

It's no secret of the general ingredients of those who move to Las Vegas.

Old 10-09-2011, 02:47 AM

2,557 posts, read 4,570,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
you might have made your husband's life a passive-aggressive hell
Ah, the secret weapon of women across the world.

Old 10-09-2011, 04:31 AM

10,494 posts, read 27,252,856 times
I know I have posted about my sister's relationship multiple times, but I finally got the guts to email her back and tell her how I really feel. I finally did it tonight:

"I am just going to say it no matter how cruel it sounds. You no longer have a brother, and I no longer have a sister. I completely lost all respect for you when I moved to Reno back in 2006, and you were laughing at me for my suffering. You also were deliberately delaying my inheritance in which I had to get aunt XXXXXXX and my friend XXXXXXX involved. I thought you would get the hint that I never once asked for your phone number as we have not talked for five years now. I opened my Facebook account and accepted YOUR friend's request out of pity. I have since closed it. I will end it at this. I HATE YOU, AND THAT INCLUDES YOUR SCUMBAG FRIENDS AND YOUR SOON TO BE HUSBAND IS INCLUDED!!!! Please do not ever contact me again, because I want absolutely nothing to do with you and that will never change.

Goodbye,

XXXXXXX"

I think this ends it for good. I am glad I had finally had the balls to tell her how I really felt. It took some everclear, but it worked nonetheless.

Old 10-09-2011, 05:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dltordj View Post
Peccole Ranch is having a community wide garage sale, too.

Dates: 10/8/2011 to 10/9/2011
Times: 8 a.m. - 3 p.m.

I stopped going to the Broadacre's Swap Meet and community-wide yard sales some time ago, not being good at resisting a bargain. I've already got 50 cookbooks, and one trip to either/or would probably bring the total up to 70 or 80. I've got three 4 8-foot shelves of old VHS tapes, how many more do I need? Also have an 8-foot shelf of books I haven't gotten around to reading.

Best for me to stay clear of those places and avoid reading these kind of posts, and to compound the problems, I have a hard time throwing things out!

Old 10-09-2011, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unf0rgiven6262 View Post
Ah, the secret weapon of women across the world.
My brother moved out here to Las Vegas, with his wife, spent 2 years here, and she hated it. He grudgingly went back to MN, did he have any choice?

My father always wanted to move to Denver. "Boss" said No! Too far away from Mommy and Daddy!

My cousin is dying to leave Milwaukee and move to Phoenix. Wife: Not yet! which she's been saying for 20 years! Hail to the Boss!

Now, with Pink, knowing her like I do it's probably a different story. When her husband suggested moving to Las Vegas, what did she say? Your most servile, obedient wife would never argue with her beloved Master! I will overcome my grief one day with the help of the Lord!!!

Last edited by tijlover; 10-09-2011 at 06:07 AM.. Reason: edit

Old 10-09-2011, 10:36 AM

762 posts, read 1,562,936 times
I am so sorry you feel that way about anyone lvd. Family is forever and It kills me as a mom to see my son and daughter fight. I hope you can find forgivness one day.

Old 10-09-2011, 11:21 AM

208 posts, read 350,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
I know I have posted about my sister's relationship multiple times, but I finally got the guts to email her back and tell her how I really feel. I finally did it tonight:

"I am just going to say it no matter how cruel it sounds. You no longer have a brother, and I no longer have a sister. I completely lost all respect for you when I moved to Reno back in 2006, and you were laughing at me for my suffering. You also were deliberately delaying my inheritance in which I had to get aunt XXXXXXX and my friend XXXXXXX involved. I thought you would get the hint that I never once asked for your phone number as we have not talked for five years now. I opened my Facebook account and accepted YOUR friend's request out of pity. I have since closed it. I will end it at this. I HATE YOU, AND THAT INCLUDES YOUR SCUMBAG FRIENDS AND YOUR SOON TO BE HUSBAND IS INCLUDED!!!! Please do not ever contact me again, because I want absolutely nothing to do with you and that will never change.

Goodbye,

XXXXXXX"

I think this ends it for good. I am glad I had finally had the balls to tell her how I really felt. It took some everclear, but it worked nonetheless.

If you really hated her, you wouldnt have wasted the time and energy writing the letter. (Put down the bottle and hate her in silence... till it eats your heart and rots your mind...thats what i would do. hate her like a man )

Old 10-09-2011, 11:22 AM

10,494 posts, read 27,252,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skisickie View Post
I am so sorry you feel that way about anyone lvd. Family is forever and It kills me as a mom to see my son and daughter fight. I hope you can find forgivness one day.
To be honest, my sister and I have never gotten along, nor have we ever been close. She has emailed me since May asking me to go to her wedding which is in December. I have completely ignored them until today. I am not happy about the way I did it, but it had to be done regardless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas