Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2011, 08:18 AM

9,376 posts, read 11,946,467 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
If you see people trolling through the parking lots or in your neighborhood after midnight and beyond with backpacks, make sure your car is parked in the garage. If you can't do that, make sure nothing is available for thieves in your car. And take your garage door opener with you before leaving your car.
I heard people are doing this, looking for unlocked cars or cars easy to break into if it's a dark area and taking anything they can find in there worth something.
Yeah, garage door opener is a biggie! Yet, if this person was looking for anything else, they could have had a field day with the credit cards. They probably don't have a computer. They needed a fix, quickly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by unf0rgiven6262 View Post
There ya go. I know if I was down and out and I had decided to resort to stealing, I sure wouldn't be wasting time busting into late 90s models in poorer areas. I'd be right up in CH, Summerlin and parts of Henderson making my time worthwhile. Stealing a car altogether is a whole other issue that deals with the model of your car regardless of where you live. Some models are incredibly more prone to being stolen due to interchangeable parts that can be stripped right off and sold with ease.
That's true. The only thing people are looking to steal in Detroit is drugs or alcohol off another "hoodie". They think the good stuff is in the suburbs. BUT, there are many "poor" people who have good stuff. Maybe they don't want to steal from one of their own. Or maybe they know that the stuff was bought from one of them after they stole it from the suburban folk.

So, I suppose to be safe, we should all just live in the areas people think are not.

Old 10-11-2011, 08:22 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,113,750 times
We had one doing that about a year ago.....my neighborhood in not an easy pass thru....you have to WANT to be there....next door neighbors two kids, discussed with him the error of his ways....then, eventually, gifted him to Metro.....

The wanderer was chastised soundly....several times before metro finally got there.....

Old 10-11-2011, 08:44 AM

5,779 posts, read 14,577,035 times
Don't you know marshmallows are a super hot commodity these days?

And kimba, I will NEVER move back to the ghetto. I did not move to las vegas to live in the hood. I did my time on Sierra Vista. Granted I did get assaulted 2 weeks ago by a drug addict, but it is still better than the time a pedestrian on twain shot at me because they jaywalk trying to run across the street and I nearly hit them. they were a terrible shot they couldn't even hit my car

I think most of the crime that occurs in the northwest are mainly property crimes like break ins, which is common in any upper middle class neighborhoods. There really is very little violent crime in CH. Lately somebody has been going around slashing tires at my apt complex, I hear more and more stories of my neighbors waking up and finding all 4 tires completely flat, and cut, not just deflated

Old 10-11-2011, 12:02 PM

1,818 posts, read 3,837,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macgeek View Post
I'm heading back!!!! be in town Oct 18th till Nov 5

Jonathan
I'm heading back too. Oct. 26 - 31 and again Dec. 25 - 30 and March 25 - 29.

And then I'm out of vacation time.

Old 10-11-2011, 01:58 PM

2,557 posts, read 4,568,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimba01 View Post

So, I suppose to be safe, we should all just live in the areas people think are not.
Nah. Just live wherever suits you. But do know that each area tends to get a different flavor of crime. Nobody just sits out of the fun altogether. You're generally less likely to get into a violent encounter with a stranger in a wealthier area which to me is more important than losing some stuff out of your car. Although I'm sure Davie is probably still thinking WTF! after moving to CH and having what happened to him happen.

Old 10-11-2011, 02:26 PM

Even with what happened unforgiven, I still feel CH is safe compared to where I was last. the night I filed a police report the metro officer told me that he considers centennial to be very safe. My apt complex is full of lower class ppl due low rent in my complex. My two bedroom is $820.a month, apartments further up 95 by durango where rent for a 2 bedroom is easily $1100-$1400

Old 10-11-2011, 02:28 PM

The officer told me my complex is full of drug users as well as dealers

Old 10-11-2011, 04:26 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,244,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
The officer told me my complex is full of drug users as well as dealers
Are you talking about your Centennial Hills apartment. That certainly does not sound good.

Old 10-11-2011, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
Are you talking about your Centennial Hills apartment. That certainly does not sound good.
Yes I am talking about my Centennial Hills apartment LVD, Im sure it was even worse where I was before, I never maid eye contract with anybody on Sierra Vista, I was too afraid to

Like I said LVD, my apartment complex is probably the cheapest in Centennial Hills.

A lot of the apartment complexes further up 95 charge a lot more even for a one bedroom. My complex charges $500-$600 for 1 beds, $650-$850 for 2 beds, $850-$1000 for 3 beds. Not bad for an upper middle class area

There are a handful of apartment complexes off Durango and the west side of the 95, one beds start around $750-$950, 2 beds $900-$1300, 3 bedrooms run $1400-$2000 a month. The only reason I chose my current complex was because I was bent on living in CH, and it was the only complex I could afford

All those properties off Durango and 95 are also brand new as well. My complex was built in the mid 1990s so its "old" by Centennial Hills standards. And usually in Las Vegas (not always) old usually means ghetto.

I think I am getting a great value for my place considering where its located, and the complex is clean, very green, and kept up real nice. A lot of the people living there however are less than desirable. Not Sierra Vista bad but still, people I usually try to avoid

And actually once my lease is up, I may move to the SW part of town to be closer to my new gf who lives off Decatur and Trop, when I see her (she doesnt have a car at the moment) Im basically making a second trip to the strip area, one for work, one to see her, so because of where Im located, gas is killing me right now. Ive put 1500 miles on my car in the past 2-3 weeks, how I am affording it is beyond me

I really do love the NW and Centennial Hills though, which I why I wanted to be here so bad in the first place. I dont really care for many other areas, except for Aliante and newer areas of far North Las Vegas

Old 10-11-2011, 05:27 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,244,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
Yes I am talking about my Centennial Hills apartment LVD, Im sure it was even worse where I was before, I never maid eye contract with anybody on Sierra Vista, I was too afraid to

Like I said LVD, my apartment complex is probably the cheapest in Centennial Hills.

A lot of the apartment complexes further up 95 charge a lot more even for a one bedroom. My complex charges $500-$600 for 1 beds, $650-$850 for 2 beds, $850-$1000 for 3 beds. Not bad for an upper middle class area

There are a handful of apartment complexes off Durango and the west side of the 95, one beds start around $750-$950, 2 beds $900-$1300, 3 bedrooms run $1400-$2000 a month. The only reason I chose my current complex was because I was bent on living in CH, and it was the only complex I could afford

All those properties off Durango and 95 are also brand new as well. My complex was built in the mid 1990s so its "old" by Centennial Hills standards. And usually in Las Vegas (not always) old usually means ghetto.

I think I am getting a great value for my place considering where its located, and the complex is clean, very green, and kept up real nice. A lot of the people living there however are less than desirable. Not Sierra Vista bad but still, people I usually try to avoid

And actually once my lease is up, I may move to the SW part of town to be closer to my new gf who lives off Decatur and Trop, when I see her (she doesnt have a car at the moment) Im basically making a second trip to the strip area, one for work, one to see her, so because of where Im located, gas is killing me right now. Ive put 1500 miles on my car in the past 2-3 weeks, how I am affording it is beyond me

I really do love the NW and Centennial Hills though, which I why I wanted to be here so bad in the first place. I dont really care for many other areas, except for Aliante and newer areas of far North Las Vegas
You sure do drive a lot Davie. I only put 250 miles on my car in a month.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas