Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2010, 09:29 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,250,314 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
Got a source?

Driving I think requires an automobile. You may be able to get a public drunkeness arrest or such...but you ain't driving.

Back when I traveled a lot I knew a veteran airline pilot who stayed drunk whenever he was not going to fly. Rode a bike drunk through most of So CA. And never got another DUI...which would have likely ended his flying days.
Olecapt,

I can not absolutely say if it has happened here in Las Vegas, but I can say it has happened in Phoenix AZ where I am from. I was not not joking about the horse either. They are very strict there. I have called metro here and they did tell me you could get a dui on a bicycle here too.

Old 02-19-2010, 10:17 PM

Here is a really good video to watch regarding bicycle DUI's by an attorney.

YouTube - DUI Lawyer | Can you be charged with a DUI while riding a Bike?

Old 02-19-2010, 10:22 PM

Here is the horse LOL

YouTube - DUI on a Horse

Old 02-19-2010, 10:24 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,212,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
There are actually four variants. Bikes are vehicles and the DUI apply. Bikes are vehicles but the DUI penalties don't apply. Bikes are not vehicles but have their own BUI statute. Bikes are not DUI.

It appears neither NY nor NV consider bikes vehicles. AZ does. CA has a BUI statute that is completely different from DUI.

Last edited by olecapt; 02-19-2010 at 10:38 PM..

Old 02-19-2010, 10:24 PM

23,224 posts, read 29,056,523 times
When I go out on my bike for a nightcap at a bar nearby, I never drink more than 2 beers. Never get drunk. But, that still worries me being on a bike, or in a car.

So, if I'm riding home on my bike, I see a police car approaching, I dismount from my bike, walk my bike until the coast is clear, how could they possibly give me a ticket then or a breathalyzer test?

This patron I talked to last night got a DUI while just sitting in his truck at a bar. Mind you! He knew he was too drunk to drive, had called his wife to come pick him up. While waiting, an early delivery man to the bar, got to talking to him in his truck, discovered he was drunk, perhaps assumed he was going to drive, called the police, and they arrested him right there in the parking lot. I would like to think this is fiction! Or was he just feeding me a line? Exaggerating?

Old 02-19-2010, 10:32 PM

[quote=olecapt;12977360]
Quote:

There are actually four variants. Bikes are vehichles and the DUI apply. Bikes are vehicles but the DUI penalties don't apply. Bikes are not vehicles but have their own BUI statute. Bikes are not DUI.

It appears neither NY nor NV consider bikes vehicles. AZ does. CA has a BUI statute that is completely different from DUI.
Olecapt,

I do not doubt this to be true as different states have different laws about it.

Old 02-19-2010, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
When I go out on my bike for a nightcap at a bar nearby, I never drink more than 2 beers. Never get drunk. But, that still worries me being on a bike, or in a car.

So, if I'm riding home on my bike, I see a police car approaching, I dismount from my bike, walk my bike until the coast is clear, how could they possibly give me a ticket then or a breathalyzer test?

This patron I talked to last night got a DUI while just sitting in his truck at a bar. Mind you! He knew he was too drunk to drive, had called his wife to come pick him up. While waiting, an early delivery man to the bar, got to talking to him in his truck, discovered he was drunk, perhaps assumed he was going to drive, called the police, and they arrested him right there in the parking lot. I would like to think this is fiction! Or was he just feeding me a line? Exaggerating?
As the economy worsens, this crap is being pulled on people just to make money. How about getting a DUI in a car that has a cold engine AND the car does not even run. This is no joke. I read about this recently, so I will repost this now. Believe it or not, this is not fiction.

Minnesota Supreme Court Rules DUI Possible in Inoperable Vehicle

He ended up getting convicted now and has to spend four years in prison.

http://www.totaldui.com/blog/minneso...eeping-driver/

Old 02-19-2010, 10:39 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,212,370 times
[quote=las vegas drunk;12977428]
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post

Olecapt,

I do not doubt this to be true as different states have different laws about it.
We are having a heated agreement LVD.

Old 02-19-2010, 10:44 PM

[quote=olecapt;12977485]
Quote:

We are having a heated agreement LVD.
Yes, my postings are a little weird today as it is my day off and I have been doing you know what all day. I totally agree with you that some states can convict on a bike DUI while others can't.

Old 02-19-2010, 11:06 PM

12,908 posts, read 28,001,815 times
Default Check this guy out with his defaulted home

Guy missed payments on other loans.. Current on his home in Ohio.. Bank wants home.... this is what happens....

Video - Breaking News Videos from CNN.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas