Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2009, 04:43 PM

12,908 posts, read 28,004,431 times

Advertisements

don't make a decision based on gates.. i forget my code at the rental property often... all i do is wait for another car to go through and then follow, or just tap the gate... imo, they are worthless
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2009, 10:18 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,583,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllabasterWingz View Post
So I guess that I need to make sure I am more to the north. I have no problem with having different races in my neighborhood, however, I do not want to be in a neighborhood where I am going to be scared, because there is so much crime. I do not want to have to put bars on my windows. This neighborhood looks real nice from the photos...no clunckers parked on the street or in driveways up on blocks, everything is clean, and no tagging....I figured since it was gated, it would be somewhat safer....I don't mind that the house is 13 years old.....it is in really good shape....but I will have my Mom living with me, and I don't want to put her in harms way.....I have looked at some townhouses/condos, but the HOA are so high, that it takes away from what I can afford to offer for the house.....I only have so much to spend a month....
If your hell bent on North Vegas, try Aliante. Thats so far up in North Las Vegas its off the 215 Freeway. It is also mostly brand new. Dont know how much its costs or how much HOA's are but its a very nice area based on what I've found

Thats the only part of North Las Vegas I would live in

Old 12-17-2009, 12:48 AM

12,686 posts, read 36,365,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
don't make a decision based on gates.. i forget my code at the rental property often... all i do is wait for another car to go through and then follow, or just tap the gate... imo, they are worthless
Can't you set your garage door opener to open the gate too? That's what we do.

Old 12-17-2009, 12:56 AM

tenant has the opener....

Old 12-17-2009, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
If your hell bent on North Vegas, try Aliante. Thats so far up in North Las Vegas its off the 215 Freeway. It is also mostly brand new. Dont know how much its costs or how much HOA's are but its a very nice area based on what I've found

Thats the only part of North Las Vegas I would live in
not gonna happen for $100k

Old 12-17-2009, 01:06 AM

12,686 posts, read 36,365,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
I am going to disagree with Buzz a little. The area has a significant black population but is even more Hispanic. Those gated tracts are OK inside but you need some care on the arterials going and coming.
Hispanics are outnumbering and squeezing blacks out of the traditional ethnic based neighborhoods, even in West Side, but there are still more blacks in West Side. It's especially happening in the east and north east in both Las Vegas and N. Las Vegas.

The one thing the area the O/P is asking about has is it's old Las Vegas look. With some open land still all around, and a few horses in some of the back yards, it looks sort of rural which is nice. That is if you can consider open desert "rural". It doesn't look anything like farm land which is what I consider 'rural", but I don't know what else to call it. It isn't really all that "open" anymore either with all the new development around there, but there are still some empty lots that look like an old ranch or two may have once been there...or an old drive-in theater. You'll still find a few dirt roads in the area too. I used to pass through there everyday when I lived on Piñon Dr., and like I said, I have some friends that live in the area, black, white, and Hispanic.

Old 12-17-2009, 07:19 AM

5,779 posts, read 14,583,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
not gonna happen for $100k
I know he wont find anythng for $100k unless Aliante has some nice condos or townhomes around there. I've just beeing dong research on some of the nicer neighborhoods in Vegas, I've never actually been there, this is jused based on research

I dont kow what the OP's price range is, I simply suggested that if he wanted a nice area of North LV, I think Aliante would be the way to go

Old 12-18-2009, 11:26 AM

9 posts, read 17,569 times
get online and go to crimeview.com click on the zip and then you will see what kind of area you are looking at

Old 12-18-2009, 12:32 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,215,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwings101 View Post
get online and go to crimeview.com click on the zip and then you will see what kind of area you are looking at
If you are talking about the crimeview site on Metro it won't work. There is however a similar one in NLV. Google NLV Police to get to it.

Old 12-18-2009, 02:38 PM

9 posts, read 17,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
If you are talking about the crimeview site on Metro it won't work. There is however a similar one in NLV. Google NLV Police to get to it.
that is true thanks for the correction
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas