Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2011, 03:43 AM

4,526 posts, read 6,092,200 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandon View Post
Excuse ME ??? If that were true, companies would be hiring the educated rather then illegals off the street as what happened to me. You're talking out your butt here, Milk.

Auntie,

Most American families don't live 10 or more in a household so the jobs they have NEED to pay a somewhat livable wage. Are you implying that we should work for 2.00 an hour despite the fact that we have RENT to pay ? This has NOTHING to do with work ethics and everything to do with being able to pay your bills.

my family members had to take jobs that were low paying and beneath their skills and some have to work 2 jobs to pay their bills----i mean do what one has to do to support their families--the hourly rate is determined by the employer not the illegal doing the job

btw---most legals or illegals come here alone or with 1 family/friend and most DO NOT have more than 2/3 kids and families share one house or apartment SO THEY COULD AFFORD THE RENT--HENCE MANY PEOPLE IN ONE HOUSE
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2011, 03:55 AM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,175,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spincycle View Post
Why aren't Europeans, esp. Western Europeans immigrating to the US anymore?....
Because their lifestyle and benefits are now much better than ours, with a few Piggish exceptions. They work less, have longer vacations, better and more secure pensions, better public transportation around Europe, a better safety net, and a wider variety of liberal, tolerant, sophisticated cultures nearby that have no desire to wage war on other nations.

Even the exceptions would rather emigrate to a better European country. I think Ireland is the only one that prefers emigration to the US, but they do have a lot more applicants than our quotas allow, and there's no way to convince authorities that they are being persecuted and in danger of being killed (as say a Somalian might claim).

Old 07-24-2011, 11:53 AM

1,739 posts, read 1,918,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by auntieannie68 View Post
btw---most legals or illegals come here alone or with 1 family/friend and most DO NOT have more than 2/3 kids and families share one house or apartment SO THEY COULD AFFORD THE RENT--HENCE MANY PEOPLE IN ONE HOUSE
Our culture doesn't live that way though.

It's funny, but it sounds almost as if you are hinting that we should assimilate to the Mexicans way of life rather then the other way around. I always thought it was the invading cultures who were expected to assimilate

Old 07-24-2011, 11:53 AM

838 posts, read 923,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MilkDrinker View Post
Those are not your jobs! Those jobs are for the best and since a lot of Americans are nowhere near best you don't deserve them!
What country are you in? Those jobs poor uneducated illegals take from us are our blue collar jobs across our nation. Yes they have taken OUR JOBS. Now, the better qualified legal immigrants also take many of our white collar jobs, and also some of the blue collar jobs. We have plenty of the best and deserve the jobs in our own country, unfortunately college graduate Americans are having hard time finding better jobs which are going to legal immigrants.

Old 07-24-2011, 11:59 AM

838 posts, read 923,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by auntieannie68 View Post
my family members had to take jobs that were low paying and beneath their skills and some have to work 2 jobs to pay their bills----i mean do what one has to do to support their families--the hourly rate is determined by the employer not the illegal doing the job

You forget on big thing, you need to talk about what the illegals taking those jobs are doing to our entire blue class of American workers across the nation who illegals stole jobs from. Now Americans of all brackets are out of work. What an insult. How dare you speak of illegals coming here working~!!!

Old 07-24-2011, 12:08 PM

1,739 posts, read 1,918,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clsicmovies View Post
What country are you in? Those jobs poor uneducated illegals take from us are our blue collar jobs across our nation. Yes they have taken OUR JOBS. Now, the better qualified legal immigrants also take many of our white collar jobs, and also some of the blue collar jobs. We have plenty of the best and deserve the jobs in our own country, unfortunately college graduate Americans are having hard time finding better jobs which are going to legal immigrants.
Tell me about it. I lost a prime job I was slated for as a catering chef to an illegal, noneducated of course.

Now I have them banging down my door to repay student loans which I obviously CANT do because I can't find any freaking jobs in kitchens in this town because of the illegal invasion. It galls me that certain people on this thread act like I'M cold and heartless because reject to the invasion. I have my OWN family to take care of.

We are being sucked dry by these people. Plain and simple.

Old 07-24-2011, 02:58 PM

2,028 posts, read 5,433,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
Because their lifestyle and benefits are now much better than ours, with a few Piggish exceptions. They work less, have longer vacations, better and more secure pensions, better public transportation around Europe, a better safety net, and a wider variety of liberal, tolerant, sophisticated cultures nearby that have no desire to wage war on other nations.

Even the exceptions would rather emigrate to a better European country. I think Ireland is the only one that prefers emigration to the US, but they do have a lot more applicants than our quotas allow, and there's no way to convince authorities that they are being persecuted and in danger of being killed (as say a Somalian might claim).
I think you need to look up some data the INDIVIDUAL EUROPEAN countries.
Look at salaries, cost of living, taxes, healthcare,housing costs etc etc and then re read what you wrote.
As I've said before too many Americans think they have it bad becasue they are making false comparisons with other nations, or just not making any comparison at all.

Old 07-24-2011, 03:49 PM

2,385 posts, read 1,589,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatsthenews View Post
I think you need to look up some data the INDIVIDUAL EUROPEAN countries.
Look at salaries, cost of living, taxes, healthcare,housing costs etc etc and then re read what you wrote.
As I've said before too many Americans think they have it bad becasue they are making false comparisons with other nations, or just not making any comparison at all.
No, I think you need to look up some data. I'm from Germany. And I have a better standard of living than any american in my position. I'm holding a Masters of Science in MIS (Management Information Systems). Currently I'm employed by an american Fortune 500 company. Im making great money, I don't have single dime of student debt, i have great health insurance (everything is covered, i can afford that because in Germany health care is run semi-privately by non-profit organisations), and I can save alot of money!

I have friends in america who are college graduates that are in the same position. They would kill for such opportunities.

I think americans just need to face reality that their country is in decline! Its not going to go back to the once glorious times! The world has changed and you have been left behind.

For God sakes america is going to be bankrupt in 8 days!!!

Talk about being delusional!

Last edited by itsjustmeagain; 07-24-2011 at 04:14 PM..

Old 07-24-2011, 04:42 PM

1,863 posts, read 5,152,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsjustmeagain View Post
No, I think you need to look up some data. I'm from Germany. And I have a better standard of living than any american in my position. I'm holding a Masters of Science in MIS (Management Information Systems). Currently I'm employed by an american Fortune 500 company. Im making great money, I don't have single dime of student debt, i have great health insurance (everything is covered, i can afford that because in Germany health care is run semi-privately by non-profit organisations), and I can save alot of money!

I have friends in america who are college graduates that are in the same position. They would kill for such opportunities.

I think americans just need to face reality that their country is in decline! Its not going to go back to the once glorious times! The world has changed and you have been left behind.

For God sakes america is going to be bankrupt in 8 days!!!
What? Decline? The end of America in 8 days? Jawohl!

Tell your fairy tales about Germany somewhere else! Opportunities in Germany??? Post it in a German forum and see the responses. Life in Germany is not exactly milk and honey, and you know that.

What a joke!

Last edited by movingwiththewind; 07-24-2011 at 04:50 PM..

Old 07-24-2011, 04:52 PM

2,385 posts, read 1,589,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movingwiththewind View Post
What? The end of America in 8 days? Jawohl!

Tell your fairy tales about Germany somewhere else! Life in Germany is not exactly milk and honey.

What a joke!
I think you are a joke!!! Germany is in economic condition right now america only can dream of!!!

For people who are hard-working and have a good education it is a great country!

Maybe you took the wrong choices in life.

And yes america will go bankrupt in 8 days if congess doesnt raise the debt ceiling. And it doesnt look like they will!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration