Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2013, 06:33 AM

8,694 posts, read 11,084,011 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rh71 View Post
^ agree - let them honk. But by now most people know why you'd not go.

Was that literally stated on the ticket? 15 seconds is not only proposterous, it makes no sense. It should be a full stop and that's it. I always do 3 at a camera light here and haven't gotten anything.

Why did you even stop for 13 seconds then decide to go? Traffic?
I am really curious about this 15 second claimage. If so now I have to bring as stop watch with me on turns? ....if they send me a ticket, one of those you are guilty regardless...just pay up
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2013, 10:28 AM

414 posts, read 808,901 times
I am sure the 15 sec post was a troll post, lots of those on here.

Old 09-27-2013, 01:57 PM

999 posts, read 2,358,167 times
PUT your front plate next to your seat......

Old 09-27-2013, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIMA View Post
PUT your front plate next to your seat......

.....if one likes to be pulled over

Old 09-27-2013, 02:26 PM

999 posts, read 2,358,167 times
The PD aren't worried about the front plate

Old 09-27-2013, 03:45 PM

20,937 posts, read 28,432,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legacyfuture View Post
Hello,

I just wanted to confirm and also warn you guys. If it doesn't say cannot turn right on red on a road, that means I can turn right anywhere in LI. but I believe you have to still make a full stop?

Anyway I got a ticket turning right on red (where it is allowed) but I didn't make a full stop and turned right.

I don't know what the deal is, but I am not going to turn right on red at all on that street anymore.... it sucks that it is on the way to work...
This happened to me a year ago on the corner of straight path and Sunrise Hwy in Copiague. You can turn on red after a full stop. I thought I did that but after seeing the video I was wrong! I don't go that way anymore LOL.

Old 09-30-2013, 11:38 AM

I noticed a new camera light on Old Country Road near the source mall. Seems like more & more of these camera lights are popping up everywhere. Ironically, there was a massive accident at the light I noticed

Old 09-30-2013, 12:56 PM
Noc

1,435 posts, read 2,070,249 times
Here is my advice for anyone who works for the DOT or is in charge of anything to do with these Red Light camera.

My advice would be to install countdowns at every intersection with a camera so that drivers can see by the number when the yellow light will turn red. The same countdowns that are present at some intersections for pedestrians.

Our traffic enforcement has evolved and has become high tech. The margin of error (police office hiding to catch a red light runner) has been removed in many places. Yet our driving skills are STILL the same. The same margin of error on the side of the driver has NOT evolved and in many cases has gotten worse cell phones, texting, GPS talking, GPS screen, speaker phones, etc.. The three light system has also not changed much since it's evolution.

I say if traffic enforcement gets a helping hand to catch light runners by way of camera then drives should get a helping hand to see exactly when the light will change by way of countdown it's only fair.

Old 10-01-2013, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noc View Post
Here is my advice for anyone who works for the DOT or is in charge of anything to do with these Red Light camera.
I think they outsource to some company to do this work oppose to DOT. Its all about the BUCKS

I think the countdown clock is a great idea to remove anxiety. I somehow guess Nassau County will cry broke to redo any countdown lights.

Old 12-23-2013, 01:37 PM

8 posts, read 23,097 times
Hi,

A few weeks ago, I passed marcus ave and lakeville rd westbound, ready to make a right turn to get on NSP. The light turned red (red arrow), there are two right turn lanes, I stopped (I was the first car), the other car (next lane) stopped too. (completed stop)

But after that, both cars made the right turn since there is no "no turn on red", but when I looked at the rear view mirror, none of the cars made the move, they all still stopped.........do you guys think I will get a ticket? thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island