Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2011, 12:05 PM

338 posts, read 777,657 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by baabaabooey View Post
__________________________________________________ ___

__________________________________________________ _____

The answer to your question lies within your post.

I'll have two larges. To stay.

mcdonalds?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2011, 12:08 PM

53 posts, read 86,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pequadude View Post
mcdonalds?
uhh, yea?

Old 07-20-2012, 04:08 PM

1 posts, read 2,371 times
If you can make a right on red after a stop then why are there just a few signs at red lights that say "RIGHT ON RED AFTER STOP". There's one on Old Country Rd in front of Roosevelt Field Mall and there's one at the intersection on Round Swamp Road and Spagnoli Rd.
Why posts signs if its such an obvious law that we are all supposed to know?
They post No Turn on Red signs because its not illegal to do so unless otherwise specified
So why post Right on Red After Stop signs if its illegal to do so regardless of a sign??

Old 07-20-2012, 06:18 PM

9,933 posts, read 23,150,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SA311 View Post
If you can make a right on red after a stop then why are there just a few signs at red lights that say "RIGHT ON RED AFTER STOP". There's one on Old Country Rd in front of Roosevelt Field Mall and there's one at the intersection on Round Swamp Road and Spagnoli Rd.
They post No Turn on Red signs because its not illegal to do so unless otherwise specified
So why post Right on Red After Stop signs if its illegal to do so regardless of a sign??
Maybe these are old signs and pre-date the current law??

Old 07-20-2012, 09:25 PM

3,852 posts, read 4,519,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SA311 View Post
Probably because they were getting complaints. You've always had to make a full stop before making a right turn on red, just nobody bothered. When the Roosevelt Field camera first went up, that sign wasn't there, I know, because I got a ticket for a rolling stop. Couple of months later, boom, sign.

Old 07-21-2012, 03:24 PM

796 posts, read 1,756,253 times
If you don't make a full stop and look, a car in the lane perpendicular to yours can easily collide if you just pop out of nowhere.

Old 07-21-2012, 05:17 PM

119 posts, read 257,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottzilla View Post
I work with a guy who was ticketed for making a legal right on red. He brought up a good point, which is that you have to stop at the line but in the case of this particular intersection you cannot see becasue the line is set very far back from teh intersections As you move up to get a good sightline (To be safe) the camera nails you.
So they knowingly installed these cameras at intersections where it is not possible to follow the letter of the law.
So you stop at the line, and then inch up to gain a better view. Not defending the red light cameras, but it isn't a hard concept to get.

Old 07-21-2012, 05:29 PM

3,939 posts, read 8,972,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L.I.N.Y. View Post
So you stop at the line, and then inch up to gain a better view. Not defending the red light cameras, but it isn't a hard concept to get.
Unfortunately for many people, it is. The light is red, there is traffic likely coming towards you, it's common sense to stop and see who is coming before you go.

Old 07-21-2012, 05:31 PM

3,678 posts, read 7,214,312 times
I got one too last year i think its kind of the norm to get a ticket for going through a red light in new york

Old 07-21-2012, 05:34 PM

3,939 posts, read 8,972,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathancalderon71 View Post
I got one too last year i think its kind of the norm to get a ticket for going through a red light in new york
Yes... going through a red light is illegal in New York...

I've never gotten a red light ticket.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island