Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2011, 12:53 PM

1,441 posts, read 2,752,415 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyKid View Post
Semantics - yes?

Even you should be able to admit that there's "exclusive" and "most exclusive". Remsenburg is clearly not the most exclusive area of the Hamptons. That's what I am saying and you keep dodging your own words.

As for the "anywhere on LI" comment... I don't even know where to begin with that fallacy. I didn't think it was possible to be more wrong then Remsenburg being the most exclusive, but you topped yourself. You're in Moriches/Shirley/Mastic in about 10 minutes from the "exclusivity" of Remsenburg. lol

It is the most exclusive in certain ways...all i am saying. Obv its not as overblown as the "real" Hamptons.

And Kelly, I have lived in Manorville - It is not even closely similar to Remsenburg Speonk. Now we are getting crazy. Whats next? Ridge is as nice as Westhampton? lol. Come on. Comparing Brookhaven to Southampton now?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2011, 01:13 PM

9,341 posts, read 29,675,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toffee123 View Post
After watching episodes of "Royal Pains", out of curiosity, I searched for properties in the Hamptons. As expected I found mansions (as seen on TV, LOL). But I was surprised to see quite a few homes in say Tuckahoe etc for $500k or so on 1/3+ acre and yet those houses have Southampton address.
On LI, You Ain't Where You Think You Are, rev. 3 may help you understand the great geographic confusions caused by non-conforming ZIP Code postal zones.

Old 09-06-2011, 01:29 PM

9,933 posts, read 23,144,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crookhaven View Post
We gotta get you east of 110 Elke.

; )

OK...here's my list.

Amagansett
East
Bridge
Water Mill
South
Sag Harbor
The Quogues etc
Remsenberg
West
Montauk
Springs
Hampton Bays

I am east of 110

The OP listed "Hamptons" not Water Mill, Amagansett, etc... I merely added Bridgehampton to the other three and will admit I don't know the changes in Bridgehampton in the last - ooops - 20++ years

Old 09-06-2011, 02:32 PM

7,658 posts, read 19,167,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elke Mariotti View Post
I am east of 110

The OP listed "Hamptons" not Water Mill, Amagansett, etc... I merely added Bridgehampton to the other three and will admit I don't know the changes in Bridgehampton in the last - ooops - 20++ years
Ok then E of 112 ; )

Old 09-06-2011, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crookhaven View Post
Ok then E of 112 ; )
ROTFL - give me time to adjust; let's start with 111 . JK, after all, showing houses in RP and SB does count for something, doesn't it??

Old 09-06-2011, 04:57 PM

1,441 posts, read 2,752,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elke Mariotti View Post
ROTFL - give me time to adjust; let's start with 111 . JK, after all, showing houses in RP and SB does count for something, doesn't it??

111 in Manorville right?

Old 09-06-2011, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ydsavaged View Post
111 in Manorville right?
The 111 I was referring to goes from Islip to Smithtown--sort of.
112 is Wading River, etc. - I'm not ready for that yet , at least not for business...

Old 09-06-2011, 07:33 PM

34 posts, read 117,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter Greenspan View Post
On LI, You Ain't Where You Think You Are, rev. 3 may help you understand the great geographic confusions caused by non-conforming ZIP Code postal zones.
Thanks for the link Walter, it's informative and confusing at the same time. I wonder if you could share your knowledge on Shinnecock Hills vs Tuckahoe vs North Sea? Characteristic, demographic etc.? Based on information from this thread, all 3 are east of cannal and north of highway. May I assume all are 'entry level' Hamptons? or not consider Hampton by the Hamptonites?

Thanks

Old 09-06-2011, 07:43 PM

172 posts, read 292,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ydsavaged View Post
Those all look pretty highly priced to me. For basic houses? come on. the 352,000 is probably a hovel for that money. I said several times it isnot for the rich and the famous - but impressive for the exact OPPOSITE reason. Normal houses with sky high prices. I even said it is NOT an overblown area of the Hamptons... Don't know how to make myself any clearer.
Actually it was a pretty nice house. BUilt in 81. 3 BR 2Ba, on the market 238 days, originally priced at 489000. I would consider it more in Speonk than Remsenberg, though. But then, it's amazing there are hardly any houses on the MLS in "Calverton", which is a rather large hamlet, but lots in Baiting Hollow, a tiny hamlet. They happen to share a zip code, though, and people would rather say they live in BH than Calverton.

Old 09-06-2011, 07:59 PM

9,341 posts, read 29,675,092 times
Quote:
Thanks for the link Walter, it's informative and confusing at the same time. I wonder if you could share your knowledge on Shinnecock Hills vs Tuckahoe vs North Sea? Characteristic, demographic etc.? Based on information from this thread, all 3 are east of cannal and north of highway.
You can get a fact sheet for any city, village or hamlet on Long Island by going to American FactFinder and input the name of the city, village or hamlet for "city/town" (leave out the ZIP Code) and New York for "State", and then click "GO".

You'll get a lot of demographic, and some economic, statistics for the city, village or hamlet you selected, and if you click on "Reference map" (it's on the right hand side), you'll get a map.

Quote:
May I assume all are 'entry level' Hamptons? or not consider Hampton by the Hamptonites?
Others will have t comment on that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island