Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2011, 11:52 AM

398 posts, read 838,143 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayo_michael View Post
My bill is only $29.95/mo, but I only have Internet. No Tax, No fees.
I'm done with cable. Will never be getting it again.
are you a 'don't watch tv' guy?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2011, 12:23 PM

863 posts, read 2,108,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyliguy View Post
Too bad fios is not available at my address. Stuck paying cablevisions high price.
Call direct tv they beat Cablevision any day and the best part is you get all the channels you don't get with Cablevision. Their claim to fame is News 12.

Old 11-04-2011, 04:14 PM

1,418 posts, read 2,808,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycbrooklyn View Post
Your're still paying too much. I was paying under $100 for all of that with direct tv (i have ooma so i just pay for the internet and not the phone) I called FIOS and was able to match it for under $100 and that includes phone.

doesnt direct tv go out whenever the wind blows?

Old 11-04-2011, 04:18 PM

cablevision is getting the multi room dvr in a couple of months and in another year, they will get cell phone service, which you can combine with your monthly bill and get it reduced even more.

verizon are a munch of liars. I went to my fathers house and the installer said he hooked up all the hd tvs. when i get there, they were all installed using coaxal wires to the tv, no hdmi or component cables and one tv didnt even have a box! it had some little brown box that was the size of an ashtray! I called verizon to complain and they said the technician screwed up. way to go, verizon!

Old 11-04-2011, 06:27 PM

1,315 posts, read 1,665,649 times
OP - Good to hear. A couple weeks back I also called Cablevison and they reduced my bill by $42 per month. Now I pay $120 for IO/Silver, Triple play and DVR.

Old 11-05-2011, 08:47 AM

158 posts, read 380,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz Crazy View Post
cablevision is getting the multi room dvr in a couple of months and in another year, they will get cell phone service, which you can combine with your monthly bill and get it reduced even more.

verizon are a munch of liars. I went to my fathers house and the installer said he hooked up all the hd tvs. when i get there, they were all installed using coaxal wires to the tv, no hdmi or component cables and one tv didnt even have a box! it had some little brown box that was the size of an ashtray! I called verizon to complain and they said the technician screwed up. way to go, verizon!
When is Cablevision getting the NFL network?

Matt

Old 11-05-2011, 09:17 AM

13,056 posts, read 18,121,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsuggestion View Post
When is Cablevision getting the NFL network?

Matt

When hell freezes over, comes to mind.

Old 11-05-2011, 10:37 AM

6,384 posts, read 13,161,099 times
I would say never. The Dolans are to cheap to pay for it. Just another reason why Im with FIOS.

Old 11-05-2011, 11:00 AM

1,726 posts, read 4,038,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz Crazy View Post

Cablevision never supplied the HDMI cables either, you had to buy those yourself.

Old 11-06-2011, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nassau2suffolk View Post
Cablevision never supplied the HDMI cables either, you had to buy those yourself.
no but at least they use component wires to give you hd picture whereas verizon told my father that they were installing hd meanwhile they never did, they simply used the coaxal rg6 wire to the tv which is not hd picture.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island