Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2008, 09:52 AM

1,359 posts, read 5,657,200 times

Advertisements

Just had Eddie's in NHP a week ago...really great. Nice guy, great pizza. Ultra thin, crisp pie. Very nice change of pace. Still love Grimaldi's and Mama T's, though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2008, 11:19 AM

66 posts, read 247,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean sean sean sean View Post
I've actually never had their pizza, but I used to eat there all the time - great place! They opened one in Merrick a few years ago too, food is just as good and the restaurant itself is bigger and nicer. Marios in Plainview is also real good, and the restaurant that used to be next to it (Dominic's?) was fantastic.
i remember mario's in Plainveiw! good stuff!

Old 03-04-2008, 10:29 AM

706 posts, read 3,764,205 times
I'm not sure about Long Island, but I know that Gaby's has the best pizza in NYE,

I'd venture the best in NYS and beyond.

Not that I've tased all the pizza in NYS, but Gaby's Pizza is soooo good.

Also, the little pizza shop near the bus terminal on 165th street and Jamaica Avenue has nice, light, crispy crust.

Old 03-04-2008, 02:13 PM

101 posts, read 377,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
It has been over 10 years.

I don't recall what the pizzeria in the former A&P shopping center was called, but lat time I was there (over 25 years ago) it wasn't Brooklyn Boys. I just remember going in there in HS with some friends one afternoon. We put some change into the jukebox and for some bizarre reason, the song, Renegade (by Styx), kept playing over and over and over. If I hear that song I still think of that day in the pizzeria.

My old boyfriend worked for a pizzeria in East Meadow, Pietro's, and the owner there used to put sesame seeds on the crust (by request) It was delicious. I've tried to get that out here, but no one does it

Joe's Pizza in Holbrook does sesame crust JFYI it is on Union Ave in the Waldbaum's shopping center

Old 03-04-2008, 06:35 PM

706 posts, read 3,764,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnaReed View Post
I'm not sure about Long Island, but I know that Gaby's has the best pizza in NYE,

I'd venture the best in NYS and beyond.

Not that I've tased all the pizza in NYS, but Gaby's Pizza is soooo good.

Also, the little pizza shop near the bus terminal on 165th street and Jamaica Avenue has nice, light, crispy crust.

GABY'S, by the way, is in Northern Queens Village.

Old 03-04-2008, 06:37 PM

248 posts, read 873,424 times
Oh! I've seen sesame seed crust at Cascarino's in Queens..delish!

Old 03-04-2008, 08:15 PM

1,919 posts, read 7,109,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCGuy View Post
Just had Eddie's in NHP a week ago...really great. Nice guy, great pizza. Ultra thin, crisp pie. Very nice change of pace. Still love Grimaldi's and Mama T's, though.

I like a thin crust but I didn't care for Eddie's at all. Too pita bread like crust..

Old 03-04-2008, 09:56 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,722,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytochris View Post
Joe's Pizza in Holbrook does sesame crust JFYI it is on Union Ave in the Waldbaum's shopping center
Thanks! It has been a long time since I've had it -- now I know where to go

Old 03-11-2008, 11:10 PM

732 posts, read 1,735,236 times
Quote:
Another place that does it is Bucci's Pizza on 101 in East Patchogue. The pizza's nothing special, though.

My choices:

1) Amore Pizza, Brentwood Road & Union Blvd, Bay Shore
2) Delfiore Pizza, North Ocean Avenue & Oak Street, Patchogue
3) Savarona Pizza, Stop and Shop and Kohl's shopping center, Shirley
4) Pompeii, Rocky Point Road and 25A, Rocky Point
5) Little Vincent's, Ronkonkoma (mentioned over and over again)

Most overrated: Gino's, Main Street, Patchogue - that pizza is as fresh as three-day old milk.

Old 03-11-2008, 11:13 PM

1,919 posts, read 7,109,989 times
Quote:
Spasso's in Wantagh on Wantagh Ave (in the shopping center) has the sesame crust pizza (I love it). They call it Brooklyn style. It's great!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island