Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2019, 03:14 PM

20,025 posts, read 20,831,761 times

Advertisements

Don't know why people are still so cracked out on TV. Cancel that crap. Your life will improve.
Trust me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2019, 03:24 PM

12,766 posts, read 18,368,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
Don't know why people are still so cracked out on TV. Cancel that crap. Your life will improve.
Trust me.
I love my TV.

I mean "90 Day Fiance"

It's quality programming.

Old 06-18-2019, 07:17 PM

13,055 posts, read 18,099,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawg8181 View Post
I love my TV.

I mean "90 Day Fiance"

It's quality programming.
What no Married at First Sight, Bachelor, Housewives?

Old 06-18-2019, 07:27 PM

2,771 posts, read 4,529,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokonutty View Post
For almost an hour there has been no programming on any channel, just a blue screen that says:
'Altice Information Channel'
LI-All

Elevator music is playing.

One would think that a decent company that cared about its customers would have sent out emails or at least have a message on their website home page explaining what they're doing and when they expect to restore service. If they cared they probably could even have posted that information on the blue screen, especially since it says it is the information channel. The guide shows regular programming information.
Verizon Fios! I switched about 7 years ago and should have switched 15 years ago!
With Cablevision, I had to reboot, unplug, DVR recording failures, bringing back equipment.
The list goes on!

When Cablevision knocks on my door, I tell them “It’s NOT ABOUT PRICE ANYMORE.”

Old 06-18-2019, 07:43 PM

14,394 posts, read 11,235,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanky25 View Post
Verizon Fios! I switched about 7 years ago and should have switched 15 years ago!
With Cablevision, I had to reboot, unplug, DVR recording failures, bringing back equipment.
The list goes on!

When Cablevision knocks on my door, I tell them “It’s NOT ABOUT PRICE ANYMORE.”
I was lucky to get Fios in Brookhaven when they started their rollout - but just internet, no TV. So was still stuck with Cablevision for TV.

Nowadays I have fiber internet and DirecTV Now streaming.

Old 06-18-2019, 08:41 PM

12,766 posts, read 18,368,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuts2uiam View Post
What no Married at First Sight, Bachelor, Housewives?
I love the bachelor. My husband watches it every week with me & when I tease him about liking it he says “oh I don’t like it, i’m just invested now”

Mmmhmmm

Old 06-18-2019, 10:58 PM

11,025 posts, read 7,832,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markjames68 View Post
I was lucky to get Fios in Brookhaven when they started their rollout - but just internet, no TV. So was still stuck with Cablevision for TV.

Nowadays I have fiber internet and DirecTV Now streaming.
Verizon still doesn't know what they have in Verizon. I tried to get it years ago in response to a pretty good offer I got at my address that said I was now covered in that area. I called and they sent me the box and scheduled a hookup appointment but the guy never came. They rescheduled twice more and still nobody came. After a handful of calls somebody finally figured out that while there was a FIOS line outside I was at least a half mile too far away from the closest booster station needed because I was too far from the main office or switching station or whatever it was called. So, it looks like they put in miles of useless fiberoptics without the other equipment necessary to make them work.

Do you want to know what it took to get the box returned and my account credited?

Old 06-19-2019, 09:22 AM

14,394 posts, read 11,235,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokonutty View Post
Verizon still doesn't know what they have in Verizon. I tried to get it years ago in response to a pretty good offer I got at my address that said I was now covered in that area. I called and they sent me the box and scheduled a hookup appointment but the guy never came. They rescheduled twice more and still nobody came. After a handful of calls somebody finally figured out that while there was a FIOS line outside I was at least a half mile too far away from the closest booster station needed because I was too far from the main office or switching station or whatever it was called. So, it looks like they put in miles of useless fiberoptics without the other equipment necessary to make them work.

Do you want to know what it took to get the box returned and my account credited?
If it's what I went through with Comcast/Xfinity down south, yes, I do. In my case I was getting double-charged, charged for a package I didn't have, charged for equipment I sent back, spent around 10 hours on the phone and finally had to write to the FCC to get action. And even then it took 2 times to be credited.

I'm with AT&T fiber now, and while their customer service is known to be horrible, the internet service itself is rock solid, cheap, and super fast (1 Gig up and down for $60 a month.) No data caps either which is good as I use 1-2 TB a month on average.

I'm not thrilled with DTVNow's price increases but at least I'm grandfathered with the top package (125+ channels) which they no longer offer - or if they would, it would be $50 more a month.

All in it's still less than what I paid via a cable provider and I have more flexibility.

Old 06-19-2019, 11:14 AM

4,533 posts, read 8,338,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
Trust me.

Oh come on, we all know you watch Sesame Street

Old 06-19-2019, 01:54 PM

11,025 posts, read 7,832,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markjames68 View Post
If it's what I went through with Comcast/Xfinity down south, yes, I do. In my case I was getting double-charged, charged for a package I didn't have, charged for equipment I sent back, spent around 10 hours on the phone and finally had to write to the FCC to get action. And even then it took 2 times to be credited.

I'm with AT&T fiber now, and while their customer service is known to be horrible, the internet service itself is rock solid, cheap, and super fast (1 Gig up and down for $60 a month.) No data caps either which is good as I use 1-2 TB a month on average.

I'm not thrilled with DTVNow's price increases but at least I'm grandfathered with the top package (125+ channels) which they no longer offer - or if they would, it would be $50 more a month.

All in it's still less than what I paid via a cable provider and I have more flexibility.
That is what's known as "the industry standard."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
View detailed profiles of: