Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2009, 08:46 PM

9,933 posts, read 23,163,762 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by omigawd View Post
You know the real estate agents are going to say ANYTHING to get you to buy or try to fool you into thinking you're getting the deal of the century. They'll do whatever is necessary to make the sale. Remember, they're NOT working for you -- they're working for the seller. Also, they don't make a penny if they don't sell.

This goes for home sales as well as rentals.
You're forgetting about Buyer Agents! They DO work for the buyers.

Old 03-19-2009, 08:49 PM

294 posts, read 879,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omigawd View Post
You know the real estate agents are going to say ANYTHING to get you to buy or try to fool you into thinking you're getting the deal of the century. They'll do whatever is necessary to make the sale. Remember, they're NOT working for you -- they're working for the seller. Also, they don't make a penny if they don't sell.

This goes for home sales as well as rentals.
Dang, you must have had a really bad experience. We (RE agents) are NOT all LIKE THAT. We do not say "ANYTHING" to get a house sold. As listing agents we do work for the seller, but have a responsibility to ALL parties to be fair, respectful and honest.
When I work with buyers, I almost always sign them on as a buyer broker, meaning I work for my buyers. IMO, that is the only way to work the buyer end of a deal.

Old 03-19-2009, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeFinder15 View Post
a buyer broker, meaning I work for my buyers. IMO, that is the only way to work the buyer end of a deal.

Old 03-19-2009, 09:00 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,314,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elke Mariotti View Post
You're forgetting about Buyer Agents! They DO work for the buyers.
Sure, when we are talking about reputable and honest buyer agents who ACTUALLY KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING.

Too many represent themselves as "buyer agents" and don't know the first thing about it. Remember that thread from the woman who went to the open house where a real estate salesperson of the listing broker was hosting and he wanted her to "use him as her buyer broker" if she bought the house? There are too many clowns out there just like him, especially on LI.

Old 03-19-2009, 09:03 PM

2,512 posts, read 3,060,789 times
Photographs are very descriptive.....how about lisitngs where they show the view, yard, street, etc.....but none of the house itself....or maybe one or two at some obscure angle.....

I wonder why.......

Old 03-19-2009, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
Sure, when we are talking about reputable and honest buyer agents who ACTUALLY KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING.

Too many represent themselves as "buyer agents" and don't know the first thing about it. Remember that thread from the woman who went to the open house where a real estate salesperson of the listing broker was hosting and he wanted her to "use him as her buyer broker" if she bought the house? There are too many clowns out there just like him, especially on LI.
Unfortunately, there are always "bad apples", but surely that doesn't make all of us incompetent or dishonest?

Maybe one way to differentiate a "true" Buyer Agent from others is to look for a designation (CBR or ABR); at least there will have been comprehensive education. Although I know agents without the designation who truly know what they're doing...

Old 03-19-2009, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
There are too many clowns out there just like him, especially on LI.
One of the reasons could also be that we have over 24,000 agents on L.I.

Old 03-19-2009, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShouldIMoveOrStayPut...? View Post
Photographs are very descriptive.....how about lisitngs where they show the view, yard, street, etc.....but none of the house itself....

I wonder why.......
How true!! You just have to prepare yourself for the worst
Most of the time that'll be accompanied by comments like "needs updating", "needs TLC", etc.

Old 03-19-2009, 09:25 PM

187 posts, read 863,609 times
"well maintained" or "Mrs. Clean lives here"..

Old 03-20-2009, 03:35 AM

1,051 posts, read 2,977,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elke Mariotti View Post
Unfortunately, there are always "bad apples", but surely that doesn't make all of us incompetent or dishonest?

YES, it does make all of YOU, incompentent, dishonest. You know that people think this way, as well.

Are you, REALLY, Shocked ?

I don't think you would be, and I'm sure you figure it into your calculating sales "pitch".

Please, don't think that people are that naive, to think you are part of some honorable...profession, when you know you encounter it every day.

Especially, now, and in this Economy ?

I'm sure that your...profession...will NOT act ANY better than you ALL have. The competition has to be more heated.

It's a question of the "chickens coming home to roost" for your...profession.....only it's worse out there for the unsuspecting people, who genuinely need a house, but can't, because of your collective...profession's... historic, GREED and AVARICE.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island