Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2009, 06:16 AM

1,051 posts, read 2,976,555 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by longislandmike View Post
YES, it does make all of YOU, incompentent, dishonest. You know that people think this way, as well.

Are you, REALLY, Shocked ?

I don't think you would be, and I'm sure you figure it into your calculating sales "pitch".

Please, don't think that people are that naive, to think you are part of some honorable...profession, when you know you encounter it every day.

Especially, now, and in this Economy ?

I'm sure that your...profession...will NOT act ANY better than you ALL have. The competition has to be more heated.

It's a question of the "chickens coming home to roost" for your...profession.....only it's worse out there for the unsuspecting people, who genuinely need a house, but can't, because of your collective...profession's... historic, GREED and AVARICE.
Please Substitute "imcompentent" with "incompetent". Thanks.

Old 03-20-2009, 06:27 AM

20,027 posts, read 20,835,571 times
Charming=small and outdated

Old 03-20-2009, 06:46 AM

745 posts, read 1,504,602 times
I really LMAO at some of the descriptions. In my experiences,

Poor= Run far far away. If you decide to move forward, however, your home inspector will need 5 days to sort through the mangled garbage that was once a house

Fair=You have to rip up the 30 year old carpeting and eventually remodel the disgustingly filthy 40 year old kitchen and bathrooms.

Good= The house was redone 30 years ago. Think avocado green appliances.

Excellent= The carpets are only 10 years old and the kitchen and bathrooms were redone in the late 80's to early 90's.

Cozy=tiny shack

Mr./Mrs. Clean lives here= Look, this is how clean you'll be able to keep your house when you're 75!

Needs TLC= Bring a mask and gloves!

And I agree with others. No inside pictures means the house is a wreck. .

I also LOVE when realtors will include not pictures of the house, but pictures of parks and beaches near the house. WTF is that about?

Old 03-20-2009, 06:48 AM

1,051 posts, read 2,976,555 times
It's about...that IT'S HARD OUT THERE to make a "buck".

Old 03-20-2009, 06:56 AM

13,510 posts, read 17,030,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StephM View Post

I also LOVE when realtors will include not pictures of the house, but pictures of parks and beaches near the house. WTF is that about?
Absolutely. It means you might as well knock the place down.

Old 03-20-2009, 07:00 AM

20,027 posts, read 20,835,571 times
"seller motivated" about what? the new episode of Desperate Housewives?
"seller motivated" but not about the low-ball offer you just made...

Old 03-20-2009, 07:03 AM

13,510 posts, read 17,030,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
"seller motivated" about what? the new episode of Desperate Housewives?
"seller motivated" but not about the low-ball offer you just made...

Seller motivated="we know that we over-listed the house by 100K in this market"

Old 03-20-2009, 07:48 AM

852 posts, read 2,017,180 times
Default Seller Motivated

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
Seller motivated="we know that we over-listed the house by 100K in this market"
Seller Motivated = Seller is desperate. I listed my house in Florida with "Seller Motivated." Agent didn't want to use it, but I insisted, and it worked. Someone low-balled us, and we bit. I'm very happy. I got nearly double the value of the house, and left town before the floor dropped out on the whole state. Whoopie!

Old 03-20-2009, 08:05 AM

16,408 posts, read 33,297,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elke Mariotti View Post
Maybe one way to differentiate a "true" Buyer Agent from others is to look for a designation (CBR or ABR); at least there will have been comprehensive education. Although I know agents without the designation who truly know what they're doing...
TY for the useful information. As for agents without the designation that do know what they are doing, since you are in the business you can tell, but the rest of us cannot, so it would be smart for them to get the designation. If they are that good already the course will not be hard for them to pass.

Old 03-20-2009, 08:28 AM

326 posts, read 429,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elke Mariotti View Post
Unfortunately, there are always "bad apples", but surely that doesn't make all of us incompetent or dishonest?

Maybe one way to differentiate a "true" Buyer Agent from others is to look for a designation (CBR or ABR); at least there will have been comprehensive education. Although I know agents without the designation who truly know what they're doing...
How to look for this? I am a first time buyer and I met this lady in one of the open houses. She offered us to be our agent, she said she had experience with first time buyers and she seemed like a nice lady and was driving a brand new Mercedes so I thought she knew what she was doing.

She showed us many houses. She was good at that, but when it comes to answering our questions she was clueless. Like we saw one place we liked but thought that the price was high. I asked her what she thought about the price and she said it was priced to sell. I went back home and checked and saw that the house was on the market for more than eight months with several reductions. Three months after they made another reduction of 15K and finally they decided to pull their house off the market.

Another time, another house, she again suggested it was fairly priced. One week later, they did a 25K reduction.

Whenever I ask about possible renovations, how much changing the carpet or changing the bathroom floor would cost us and she was completely clueless. I thought you are supposed to know everything about houses if you are an agent.

Since then, I realized that all agents are driving super luxury cars. Seems like a nice profession where you can make good money without any significant education or any coherent knowledge of your area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island