Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2010, 04:01 PM

5,643 posts, read 9,655,049 times

Advertisements

I failed 2 times also at the age of 30. Besides, relaxing, tell the inspector why you are doing what you do. I stopped at the stop sign, but couldn't see the road because of trees. I just said to him that I have to pull up a little bit because I cannot see the incoming traffic for the trees. He even said to me that he liked that I said that to him. I also had a terrible time with parallel parking. Muddled my way through and living on LI with parking lots and malls NEVER had to use it in 20 years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2010, 04:02 PM

120 posts, read 216,950 times
ozzy osbourne failed his road test 19 times. dont feel so bad.

Old 01-28-2010, 06:20 PM

10 posts, read 214,226 times
Oh, yes, btw, I am female ^^ Does the fake pregnancy thing really work? Hehe...just kidding.

I scheduled another test for 2 weeks from now...here's to hoping the 3rd time's a charm!

Old 01-28-2010, 09:13 PM

2,666 posts, read 7,334,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by athena77 View Post
Oh, yes, btw, I am female ^^ Does the fake pregnancy thing really work? Hehe...just kidding.

I scheduled another test for 2 weeks from now...here's to hoping the 3rd time's a charm!
Good luck for the test. If you do not make in it another 2-3 times then the fake pregnancy is worth a try.... I am serious now !!

Old 01-29-2010, 07:21 AM

2,942 posts, read 6,005,661 times
Here is a bit of inspiration - first time, I got an old lady as the examiner, she failed me at a four way stop sign. At a four way stop, all cars must come to a complete stop, which I did, I was the second to get to the stop sign. I waited for the first car to go, then I went - and boom, she steps on the brake and fails me. Why? She wanted everyone else to go by, then me. In other words, she was too friggin picky.

Second time around, I got a guy dressed as a "rocker", his attitude was like "be aggressive". I get to the same 4 way stop sign, same thing happened, 3 cars at the stop sign, I'm the second car there. Guess what, I hesistated, he says why - I tell him about grandma flunking me, he tells me to step on the gas and move..... Bottom line - he passed me, no points off for anything.

You can get a "cool" person as your examiner.

Old 01-29-2010, 08:13 AM
Gue

24,118 posts, read 10,139,492 times
MY DS had points deducted because he made a full stop at a stop sign. Then he inched up to see, saw it was clear & then proceeded.

The inspector wanted a second full stop at the stop sign.

Old 01-29-2010, 08:38 AM

2,666 posts, read 7,334,212 times
What you do during the test is drastically different from what you do while driving in the real world, thats what makes it challenging.

A few examples of my pet peeves are "not giving the indicator before changing lanes", "not completely stopping at stop sign", "not giving the right of way to the person who was first on a 4 way stop", "not making sure you can turn right without slowing down existing traffic on the road", "not giving indicator to turn atleast 3-4 seconds before you actually turn" .....

so just be patient and obey the rules, one of these days you will pass, and then look back at this moment and have a good laugh !!

Old 08-17-2010, 02:11 PM

1 posts, read 15,408 times
im taking it in wantagh very soon> but now it sounds so scary ..parallel parking by a drveway, large intersection then left under a bridge then go to left lane to turn idk it sounds scary now.. maybe i shud cancel it and take it in laurelton i heard that was an easy place too. what exactly happends by the road test from the second u get there im getting nervous!

Old 08-17-2010, 02:18 PM

3,686 posts, read 8,703,654 times
I understand grammar, punctuation and spelling are also important for the road test.

Old 08-18-2010, 06:41 AM

939 posts, read 2,310,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by barbs4 View Post
im taking it in wantagh very soon> but now it sounds so scary ..parallel parking by a drveway, large intersection then left under a bridge then go to left lane to turn idk it sounds scary now.. maybe i shud cancel it and take it in laurelton i heard that was an easy place too. what exactly happends by the road test from the second u get there im getting nervous!
as long as you're on the phone for the entire test and can pull up to and anway from the starbucks window, you'll do fine...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island