Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2011, 07:31 PM

13,055 posts, read 18,112,817 times

Advertisements

Check the link. It does not copy and paste without the grid lines and it becomes confusing to read. Go to Nassau about 1/2 way down and look for Garden City Park.

NYS DMV - Locations of Road Test Sites (http://www.nydmv.state.ny.us/rtlocation.htm#n - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2011, 07:54 AM

999 posts, read 2,357,731 times
94% of you shouldn't be driving........

Re-read this and then ask, do you want this also sharing the road...

This is why we need a REAL driving school....

Thank you athena, if you want to drive and really know what you are doing and when to and how to and why let me know....
No one i taught has had an accident or failed the R/T, my sister wasn't taught by me and well she sucks too, part of the 94%

Quote:
Originally Posted by athena77 View Post
Hi there,

So I took my NYS road test today and failed...looking for a little help on what I can do better for next time. This is my 2nd time taking the test...the first time I failed because when I started the car, it instantly swerved left when I tapped on the accelerator, making me even more nervous. After I straightened out the car, I had to stop for a stop sign, and then make a right. My view was obstructed from the left, so I inched out, and seeing no one, I tapped on the accelerator to go right...just as somebody came speeding out from the left side. My examiner slammed on the brakes for me and failed me on the spot. This was in Cunningham Park in Queens.

So today, I took the exam over in Wantagh. Everything seemed to be going great...did everything the examiner told me to. Got to the parallel park, did it alright (examiner had me parallel park in front of a driveway...and the curb next to it was a little curved), except when I had straightened out the car, and pulled it up a little closer to the car in front of me, I noticed it was too far from the curb. So I began to fix it, and he stopped me and told me to start the park over again. I did, and then was told to keep going. When I pulled out, he said I was on the wrong side of the road for a split second (even though there was nobody around and I went back on the right side immediately), and docked off points for that. Then he took off points for "excessive maneuvers" on parking, even though I was just about to fix the park myself.

Keep going, I'm asked to make a 3-point turn...did so quite well, or so I thought, and then he took off points because I wasn't looking behind me long enough (I was literally looking everywhere while making the turn, behind me, in front of me, left and right with blinkers at each part of the turn). After that, I'm told to make a few more lefts and rights, and stop at stop signs, which I do very well...up until the end of the exam. He told me to keep going and then make a left turn immediately after the traffic light under a bridge (this was after an intersection).

What I didn't know was that after the intersection, the lanes were very short leading up to the traffic light, and I found myself on the right lane. So I put my blinker up, look in the side mirror and in my blind spot (there was no one around), and begin to pull into the left turn lane. Halfway through, when I'm in the middle lane, the examiner stops me, tells me that was a dangerous maneuver, and took off even more points. Then he said 'make the left and we're going back to the start point'. By this time I had gotten really frazzled, and prepared to make my left turn at that intersection (keeping the car straight with the left blinker on), waiting until the cars going straight had gone. He started then to yell at me to turn, asking what I was waiting for, and when I said I was waiting for the cars going straight to pass, he yelled at me to not do that...so I quickly made my turn. Then he grumbled "Goddamn it" or something, had me park curbside, and then pretty much threw me my examination sheet, said nothing but "you need more practice", and then stormed out of the car. He did say hello, how are you to me when he got into the car, and then...this.

I've had lots of practice driving before and know I could use a teesny bit more practice on parallel parking to make it perfect. I spent about a month or two straight driving with my parents and a driving instructor, and they tell me I'm a good driver...I've driven tons of times in all sorts of environments, pretty much drove all over Queens and Long Island, including the LIE and Southern State Pkwy TONS of times, have never hit anything, gone over a curb, or gotten into any accidents (or anything close to it) at all.

I borrowed my instructor's car, and while on the way back, he couldn't seem to figure out how I failed (with like 60 points...), but he said "at the end, you might have made the lane change a little too late", even though I only did it because there was nobody around me.

>.>
C'mon, you aren't ready, id love to see you drive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjes View Post
Yea, sometimes it is just the tester you get. It took 4 times for me to get mine, each time I got more nervious. The fourth time I did so terrible I almost just turned around and drove the guy back to the starting point, and that is the guy that passed me. Hang in there, now that you know the area in Wantagh it wouldn't hurt to practice driving around there before the next test.

4 times, 94%, that guy should be fired....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpsma View Post
It's been 40 years since I got my license but, if I remember correctly, it was forbidden to drive in an area where the road test was given if you only had a learner's permit.
Same rules apply, nothing has been changed

Quote:
Originally Posted by athena77 View Post
Thanks for your replies, I do feel a lot better now!

Just a little annoyed and upset because I actually had a really good feeling about this test, and that I did well up until the very, very end (that very last turn as I was finishing the exam, sigh...figures). I really would like to take it again in Wantagh ASAP, well, when I get another appointment, now that I know what exactly to expect, but I guess I'm just afraid of getting that same examiner again...but, on the bright side, at least if I do, I would know what he expects, right?

If you're afraid of the examiner, you should just stick to mass transit, not everyone can drive, and not everyone should have a license.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TANaples View Post
I failed 2 times also at the age of 30. Besides, relaxing, tell the inspector why you are doing what you do. I stopped at the stop sign, but couldn't see the road because of trees. I just said to him that I have to pull up a little bit because I cannot see the incoming traffic for the trees. He even said to me that he liked that I said that to him. I also had a terrible time with parallel parking. Muddled my way through and living on LI with parking lots and malls NEVER had to use it in 20 years.

The best is that you probably do the mall parking wrong also, aside for not being able to parallel..

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulu400 View Post
Good luck for the test. If you do not make in it another 2-3 times then the fake pregnancy is worth a try.... I am serious now !!

That's good, then maybe she can drive into your drivers door while fumbling with that pillow, what wonderful stupid advice...
This is what's on the road.. 94% clueless

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottzilla View Post
I really get the impression the roads are much safer without you on them.

Yes, she is not getting the correct lesson on how to and why to do things and how to drive...

When i went with my other sister the fool driving instructor gave her misinformation at turning at an intersection....
I was like WTF, you're wrong and you're the driving teacher, no wonder why asshats pull around the car 1st in the inter and screw everything up you are teaching them wrong.

Old 10-24-2011, 07:58 AM

3,939 posts, read 8,973,207 times
Oh goodie, Mr. Make-Up Some-Statistics is back.

Old 10-24-2011, 08:07 AM

20,935 posts, read 28,420,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayfouroh View Post
Yeah and his driving record is 100% perfect

Old 10-24-2011, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayfouroh View Post

Make up nothing, re-read everyones comments

You're part of the clueless too....don't worry you're with the popular crowd

Old 10-24-2011, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIMA View Post
Make up nothing
So where'd you get this "94% of you shouldn't be driving" number from?

Science?

Doubt it.

Old 10-24-2011, 08:26 AM

3,686 posts, read 8,705,479 times
94% of you shouldn't be driving........

How precisely did you calculate 94%? Are you sure it isn't 93.2%

You must have plenty of time to do this research while waiting for fares.

Old 10-24-2011, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lubby View Post
Yeah and his driving record is 100% perfect
If only us lowly drivers were as good as LIMA.

Old 10-24-2011, 11:12 AM

It's simple really, 1st you start with just watching the many rules that aren't followed, just driving down your block and thru your neighborhood you should see at least 100% driving issues, IF you don't then surely you are part of the 94% since you can't even see the problem.

Continuing with how to see the numbers. . .

start to watch the accidents.

Then the number of collision shops

Then the number of workers at each collision shop

Then the number of vehicles at each shop

then the number of clueless drivers stopping traffic to see things on the other side (not driving, they're added to the clueless count)

How many don't enter traffic correctly, Inters , change lanes , in the wrong lane . . . . it's really very very easy to see

Before you realize it, i was wrong and it's like 96% , and you 2 are in denial that you think you are drivers and really you're operators of a steering wheel poorly...

If you were somewhat as good as me kay you would know what im talking about, and in fact by asking this you have shown that you are part of that clueless society. . .

Old 10-24-2011, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIMA View Post
It's simple really, 1st you start with just watching the many rules that aren't followed, just driving down your block and thru your neighborhood you should see at least 100% driving issues, IF you don't then surely you are part of the 94% since you can't even see the problem.

Continuing with how to see the numbers. . .

start to watch the accidents.

Then the number of collision shops

Then the number of workers at each collision shop

Then the number of vehicles at each shop

then the number of clueless drivers stopping traffic to see things on the other side (not driving, they're added to the clueless count)

How many don't enter traffic correctly, Inters , change lanes , in the wrong lane . . . . it's really very very easy to see

Before you realize it, i was wrong and it's like 96% , and you 2 are in denial that you think you are drivers and really you're operators of a steering wheel poorly...

If you were somewhat as good as me kay you would know what im talking about, and in fact by asking this you have shown that you are part of that clueless society. . .

I think we would all like to see your points of reference for these absurd numbers. Any citations? Sources? Anything??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island