Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2011, 03:30 PM

8,816 posts, read 21,285,041 times

Advertisements

Originally Posted by Gpsma
It's been 40 years since I got my license but, if I remember correctly, it was forbidden to drive in an area where the road test was given if you only had a learner's permit.

I remember that rule. Not that they would know or anything. I took the test in Centereach, I'm pretty sure. Maybe it was easier all those years ago because I didn't have any trouble at all. In those days, they would not tell you right away. You had to wait for "the envelope".

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2011, 03:53 PM

3,939 posts, read 8,975,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy thereader View Post
Originally Posted by Gpsma
It's been 40 years since I got my license but, if I remember correctly, it was forbidden to drive in an area where the road test was given if you only had a learner's permit.

I remember that rule. Not that they would know or anything. I took the test in Centereach, I'm pretty sure. Maybe it was easier all those years ago because I didn't have any trouble at all. In those days, they would not tell you right away. You had to wait for "the envelope".
I think this is still in effect, at least for motorcycle endorsements. The test area in Freeport isnt supposed to be used to practice.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Old 10-25-2011, 10:08 AM

999 posts, read 2,358,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayfouroh View Post
I think we would all like to see your points of reference for these absurd numbers. Any citations? Sources? Anything??

Do you know any of the rules of the road ?

If you do know could you please enter some of those rules here, then i'll point out what everyone does, and you tell me what the percentage is.

There isn't enough cops to hammer everyone on all your clueless driving, but i'll bet kay they could just sit outside your house and wait for you to leave and give you one before you get to the corner. . .

Old 10-25-2011, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIMA View Post
Do you know any of the rules of the road ?

If you do know could you please enter some of those rules here, then i'll point out what everyone does, and you tell me what the percentage is.

There isn't enough cops to hammer everyone on all your clueless driving, but i'll bet kay they could just sit outside your house and wait for you to leave and give you one before you get to the corner. . .
I'm not the one pulling numbers out of thin air.

Old 10-25-2011, 09:16 PM

Well if you want answers post what YOU know and we'll go thru it....

If i can drive thru any neighborhood any time and SEE EVERYONE doing it, how can my numbers be wrong... EVERYONE is driving cluelessly. . .

You just do not want to be lumped into that number when you are shown you are part of them.....

I understand, i wouldn't want to be those people either, so i make sure and DRIVE and know the rules and follow them, maybe other than the speed limit here and there, but not anything else. . . .

Old 10-26-2011, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Well if you want answers post what YOU know and we'll go thru it....

If i can drive thru any neighborhood any time and SEE EVERYONE doing it, how can my numbers be wrong... EVERYONE is driving cluelessly. . .

You just do not want to be lumped into that number when you are shown you are part of them.....

I understand, i wouldn't want to be those people either, so i make sure and DRIVE and know the rules and follow them, maybe other than the speed limit here and there, but not anything else. . . .

"SEE EVERYONE doing it" != 96%.. it everyone would mean 100%.

Unlike you, I don't claim to know everything.

Old 10-26-2011, 08:06 AM

Then if you do not know all the rules and of driving then you clearly ARE in that low and safe 94% i gave you...

All you have to do is pay attention and every .8 seconds you'll find another clueless person that is operating a vehicle...

Old 10-26-2011, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Then if you do not know all the rules and of driving then you clearly ARE in that low and safe 94% i gave you...

All you have to do is pay attention and every .8 seconds you'll find another clueless person that is operating a vehicle...
How long did it take you to write the NYS VTL?

Old 10-26-2011, 08:40 AM

1,726 posts, read 4,039,252 times
Quote:

You've stated on another thread that you have driven a few million miles. What have you been driving and where? How many years did it take you to drive a few million miles?

Old 10-26-2011, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nassau2suffolk View Post
You've stated on another thread that you have driven a few million miles. What have you been driving and where? How many years did it take you to drive a few million miles?
He's also admitted that he fails to use his turn signals on highways, and that he blocks the box when he wants to.

I don't take this LIMA guy seriously, and I doubt anyone else here does either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island